Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Someone find me a UNC fan...

WE WON. FINALLY.

Go to hell carolina, devils and deacs can stand in line. The red and white from NC state. GO STATE!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Someone find me a UNC fan...

Congrats on the big win. No sense really in rubbing it in though since it won't happen for another 5 to 10 years!! lol jk

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Not with Jimmy V version 2.0 coaching here in Raleigh. Herb Sendek had no clue how to prepare a team for a big game like this and even said that it was "just another game on the schedule." Now we have Sidney Lowe here who understands what it is to be NC State.. being like the middle child in the family of Duke and UNC. Having our two national championships go unnoticed while people talk up Duke's three and Unc's 4 (no the 5th one before the NCAA tournament doesn't count).

Plus my brother goes to UNC (kind of betrayed a family full of state fans to go there) and it's that much better to rub it in his face. I heard comments from UNC fans before the game like "it's impossible for State to win" and "State's starting lineup couldn't compete with unc's 12 man lineup". That just makes it oh so much sweeter. People outside of North Carolina really have no idea how big this rivalry is. It's about as big as UNC and Duke rivalry yet that one gets all the media attention.

This is a team that will be back on top next year. We have a great bunch of players and we have a really young team.. not to mention our great new coach.

Just remember.. flush twice tonight. It's a long way to Chapel Hill.

Well man, I'm really happy for ya. Personally I'm a Duke fan (of all the teams in North Carolina) and I do love to see UNC go down! Sidney Lowe is a former T-wolve, so he's all good in my book!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Well man, I'm really happy for ya. Personally I'm a Duke fan (of all the teams in North Carolina) and I do love to see UNC go down! Sidney Lowe is a former T-wolve, so he's all good in my book!
    Thanks man. It's hard to explain why State fans hate UNC way more than duke but here's pretty much why.

The guys who go to duke are usually rich kids who come from the northeast. These people generally think they are better than you before they become Duke students.

The UNC fans are the people you grew up with as an equal. Your neighbor, brother etc. yet as soon as they go to UNC they think they are better than you and act like it. It gets old really fast especially when they're able to beat you in sports with their prima-donna teams.

If you live here you have to pick one. It's just part of it. NC State is like the crappy little brother who gets picked on all the time... It's really a lot like being a vikings fan with packers fans and bears fans always thinking they're better than you with their super bowl trophies.

It's been a while since i've seen us win and it's only that much sweeter.

Use it while you can! Gopher hockey just won so it's time for me to get some sleep! Have a good night enjoying your big victory!

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Ahh enjoy it while you can...I played against Tyler H. when I was in AAU/USA basketball....So I have to semi root for the heels...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

My son is a UNC fan, told him before the game even started they were going down..he didnt think so..man, did I give the business after the game

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Saying all Duke kids are rich and snobbish is like saying all UNC or NC State fans are hill-billies.
    It is a stereotype and it is unfair, even if it were true.
    People should give up on such stereotypes.

Thanks for taking down UNC, I have to agree with VKG, Sidney is cool, I enjoy the T-wolves connection.

Ha ha, twolves to wolf pack, the guy must like wolves.
    It is his destiny.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Saying all Duke kids are rich and snobbish is like saying all UNC or NC State fans are hill-billies.
    It is a stereotype and it is unfair, even if it were true.
    People should give up on such stereotypes.

Thanks for taking down UNC, I have to agree with VKG, Sidney is cool, I enjoy the T-wolves connection.

Ha ha, twolves to wolf pack, the guy must like wolves.
    It is his destiny.
    I never said all. I said mostly, which for the most part is true. Duke students are notorious for being from New Jersey and the upper east coast. UNC and NC state take a majority of their students from in State.

And just a quick question for people who actually got to see the T-wolves televised. Has sidney lowe always worn pimp suits and $50,000 watches on gamedays?
    ;D That red suit was awesome yesterday.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast