Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Rivals5:Surprise classes

http://minnesota.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=769019

...each recruiting year, there's a crop of surprise teams that come out of nowhere and finish with great classes. Rivals.com takes a look at the five biggest surprises in recruiting this season.

MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS
    Current Class Rank: No. 25 overall, No. 4 in Big Ten

Tim Brewster and his staff have flat out gotten it done this recruiting season. It was just over a year ago that Brewster was brought on board, and even with the struggling season, Minnesota football has made tremendous strides in the recruiting wars.

I still believe that Brewster has a surprise yet to come for signing day. But still a great recruiting class.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Rivals5:Surprise classes

It does mean much coming from Gopherillustrated, they might have a slight bias. :

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I don't follow college ball that much but I was very suprised they got our local stud RB.
    Alot better programs were trying to get him.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=41936.0
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.twincities.com/ci_8169563?source=most_viewed
    An article on Gray -- one of the nation's top QB.
    Wednesday is national signing day and the Gopher have one of the top 20 recruiting classes in the Nation. Brewster has done the best recruiting job ever in Minnesota. Now, if he can only coach them as well as he can recruit them. I love the spread offense they play and with Gray at QB, I'm looking for some great things out of this team.
    And, by the way,
    [size=14pt]GOPHERS GET NEW UNIFORMS![/size]
    It hasn't been widely reported but the Gophers are suppose to unvail new uniforms tomorrow at signing day. They are suppose to resemble the West Virgina uniforms. I'm anxious to see them. It could be a fun year to watch the Gophers and the Vikes!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Awesome!
    Could I really be excited for Minnesota Football??

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

And the Big East gains further legitimacy with PITT getting such a good recruiting class

I have heard about the Uniforms so that will be cool. There was also some pretty solid rumors that Brewster pulled off a major coup for a local player that was headed else where.

rivals.com has them listed as #16 in the country

Including getting another 4 Star DB Keanon Cooper

"Gopher Gold" in the Star-Tribune has this quote:
    National recruiting analyst Tom Lemming is obviously a big Brewster supporter but he told me today that Minnesota’s recruiting is his top national recruiting story.

Lemming said he has been tracking recruiting since 1978 and this is the best Minnesota class in his opinion.

“Recruiting is all about perception, and nobody does it better than Tim,” Lemming said. “He is really knocking the thing out of the park.”

I don’t get obsessed by the star system and rankings as much as others, but I do think it is a measuring stick to some degree. I went back through the Rivals rankings, and the Gophers signed only four four-star recruits the previous six years (2002-07). They have six four-star recruits in this class. That says a lot.
    Tomorrow the new Gopher website will be up with a virtual walkthru of the new stadium including the lockerrooms and other aras usually "off-limits" to the fans. I'm really looking forward to seeing that.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

[size=14pt]Gophers dive into deep end of recruit talent pool[/size]
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/15338606.html
    Tim Brewster didn't have much success on the football field last fall, but his first official recruiting class is the U's best group of athletes in decades...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast