Scoot is offline Training Camp

Playoffs (Not Bowl) for Division 1 AA Football

I want to know what all of you think about Bowl Games versus a Playoff for Division 1 AA Football.

What we have today is not a Championship. Itís a Champion by ElectionÖ But I do believe the teams in the top 5 are pretty darn good teams but in many cases itís not the best of the best at that moment. I love watching college football and I think itís crying shame they donít have a playoff. The funny thing is we already have that structure in Division 2 and the NFL, so itís not like they are recreating the wheel or something.

:huh:

My 22 cents
    Scoot
    SCOOT28

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Playoffs (Not Bowl) for Division 1 AA Football

Scoot wrote:
    I want to know what all of you think about Bowl Games versus a Playoff for Division 1 AA Football.

What we have today is not a Championship. Itís a Champion by ElectionÖ But I do believe the teams in the top 5 are pretty darn good teams but in many cases itís not the best of the best at that moment. I love watching college football and I think itís crying shame they donít have a playoff. The funny thing is we already have that structure in Division 2 and the NFL, so itís not like they are recreating the wheel or something.

:huh:

My 22 cents
    Scoot
    I thought the FCS, Football Championship Subdivision, had a championship game. It is no longer called division 1AA.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Scoot is offline Training Camp

Re: Playoffs (Not Bowl) for Division 1 AA Football

I thought the FCS, Football Championship Subdivision, had a championship game. It is no longer called division 1AA.[/quote]

yes, you are correct but there could be a few teams with undefeated records that deserve a chance to play for the championship..
    SCOOT28