Penn state scandal

Penn State abuse scandal chilling in details, reach
    Penn State abuse scandal chilling in details

Surprised this topic hasn't come up for discussion...

I don't have all the facts from the story so I don't know where to put Paterno, but Sandusky is one sick human being. Completely ruined the reputation of that whole organization.

Very sad to see Paterno go out on such a horrible circumstance, maybe shattering his legacy for ever.

Rock Center with Brian Williams - Jerry Sandusky to Bob Costas in exclusive 'Rock Center' interview: 'I shouldn't have showered with those kids.'

UPDATED: Former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky admitted to showering and horsing around with young boys, but said he is not a pedophile, in an exclusive interview with Bob Costas broadcast Monday night on NBC's Rock Center.

So he showered with young boys but claims to not be a pedophile? What a sick, and obviously confused human being.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Penn State sanctions: $60M, bowl ban
    Penn State Nittany Lions hit with $60 million fine, 4-year bowl ban, wins dating to 1998 - ESPN

Well, you can pretty much say goodbye to their football program. The thing I'm really surprised they did was vacate all of those wins from 1998-2011. Everything else I 100% completely agree with.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Where the f^(k does the NCAA get off vacating all those wins. I can see a huge fine. Maybe a restriction on scholarships, but the team on the field had nothing to do with that asshat and what he did to those kids.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    I agree with all the sanctions, except PSU should not play football in 2012. How they can even comprehend to play this year is beyond me.

They broke the law (from top to bottom), their NCAA membership should be revoked and they should have to re-apply for eligibility this fall... that's technically what should have happened per the rules, but the NCAA doesn't want to lose out on all that revenue.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Where the f^(k does the NCAA get off vacating all those wins. I can see a huge fine. Maybe a restriction on scholarships, but the team on the field had nothing to do with that asshat and what he did to those kids.
    That's a punishment to Joe Paterno for what he did & not Sandusky.

It's a stupid move whenever the NCAA does that. Everyone knows who won those games anyway.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I can understand them faulting Paterno for the cover up, but there were several others on the Pen State payroll who did nothing about it including the QB who witnessed it. They could have prevented further child abuse had they gone to the authorities as well, but they decided not to. There should be some repercussion against them.

Also, with 48 counts against Sandusky, you'd have thought a few of those boys would have reported it to the police a long time ago.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I can understand them faulting Paterno for the cover up, but there were several others on the Pen State payroll who did nothing about it including the QB who witnessed it. They could have prevented further child abuse had they gone to the authorities as well, but they decided not to. There should be some repercussion against them.

Also, with 48 counts against Sandusky, you'd have thought a few of those boys would have reported it to the police a long time ago.
    Some did and the campus police didn't move forward with it either.....
    One child's mother reported the incident to Penn State police when he came home with his hair wet. After an investigation by Detective Ronald Shreffler, Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar chose not to prosecute. Shreffler testified before the Grand Jury that director of the campus police, Thomas Harmon, told him to drop the case.
    LINK

there was a janitor that witnessed another victim
    Last edited by vikinggreg; 07-24-2012 at 09:24 AM.