Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Over-rated! Five college football teams with too much hype

"PurplePowerPunch" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Thankfully, Hawaii didn't get a title game, they were owned by the SEC.
    Definitely helps to play in a weak conference.
    It's clear tha Hawaii can't line up with the best.
    you make it sound like everyone in the sec beat hawaii. wow. georgia beat an unfocused team as our former coach left days later and made it clear that he didnt give 2 s***s about the game and booted for smu.

and the thing is georgia is ranked #1 in preseason polls. you also make it sound like any
    team will stay toe to toe with the best. :
    WHATEVERZ man. youre forgetting many teams lose big to sec teams.

the thing is hawaii has only played two sec teams in alabama, beating them once and losing a few close games and georgia. hawaii opens against florida, but i dont expect them to stay with them since we are breaking in 4 new receiver, qb, and head coach.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PbBut" wrote:
    Cajunhawk, I see you have your finger on the pulse of this subject.
    One time is an OOPS!
    Twice is just clueless.
    Oklahoma State is NOT on Kansas' schedule this year.
    Sorry, I must have confused Oklahoma State with another of the better Big 12 teams that Kansas ducked last season.
    My bad!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

bono is offline Hall of Famer

...If I
    could just add my two cents...
    I'm not really into college football, but I do believe that the Wisconsin Badgers are a little UNDERrated, IMO. I think they're just as good as most of those "big boy/dog" teams, but they don't get the love/respect. Why such, do y'all think?
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    you make it sound like everyone in the sec beat hawaii. wow. georgia beat an unfocused team as our former coach left days later and made it clear that he didnt give 2 s***s about the game and booted for smu.

and the thing is georgia is ranked #1 in preseason polls. you also make it sound like any

the thing is hawaii has only played two sec teams in alabama, beating them once and losing a few close games and georgia. hawaii opens against florida, but i dont expect them to stay with them since we are breaking in 4 new receiver, qb, and head coach.
    Yes, I would say even a team like Mississippi State would beat Hawaii.
    The conference is orders of magnitude better.
    I'm happy Hawaii had a relatively good team, for their conference.
    The competition was a joke on a relative scale, the SEC had how many teams ranked nationally last year?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

The competition was a joke on a relative scale, the SEC had how many teams ranked nationally last year?
    maybe this year, but not last year. the competition was a joke because no one wanted to play hawaii, it all goes back to what i said earlier. it also doesnt help that uh had a bad ad in herman failure who is rightfully gone.

beats me, i know a lot, but look at the their athletic budget and compare it to the supposed non-bcs teams and theirs a big difference in the talent being at the big schools year in year out then other schools. oh how different everything would be if it was even everything. even budget, even recruiting, etc

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

maybe this year, but not last year. the competition was a joke because no one wanted to play hawaii, it all goes back to what i said earlier. it also doesnt help that uh had a bad ad in herman failure who is rightfully gone.

beats me, i know a lot, but look at the their athletic budget and compare it to the supposed non-bcs teams and theirs a big difference in the talent being at the big schools year in year out then other schools. oh how different everything would be if it was even everything. even budget, even recruiting, etc
    Too bad that it won't ever be on an equal footing.
    I, like many others, would like to see some sort of playoff bracket too.
    But, the bowl games bring in way too much money and I don't see schools giving up on that.
    The football team funds many of the other sports in many universities and the bowl system has a lot to do with it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=45439.msg810406#msg810406 date=1217373477]

Too bad that it won't ever be on an equal footing.
    I, like many others, would like to see some sort of playoff bracket too.
    But, the bowl games bring in way too much money and I don't see schools giving up on that.
    The football team funds many of the other sports in many universities and the bowl system has a lot to do with it.
    [/quote]

ya i agree. a lot of money from the current bowl system, bias, etc has a lot to do with it. wouldnt mind seeing a bracket as well since they have been simulating a playoff bracket if the ncaaf were to have it.

CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

I
    just hope that soon the threads will be talking about Uconn Football. We are already getting enough attention for basketball. If we keep on winning Bowl games we will start getting better recruits and start moving up the chain.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Everyone is hating on Notre Dame and I'm getting sick and tired of it! Shure, I can admitt that they are overated (and that says alot since I'm a fan) but people seem to hate the Notre Dame too much because of this, and also because of some stupid fans. Notre Dame has a great long history and it's sad to see how everybody's hating on us now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123