Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: OSU Wins!!!

  1. #21
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: OSU Wins!!!

    "ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ec179299" wrote:
    [quote author=ultravikingfan link=topic=29240.msg499273#msg499273 date=1163944048]
    [quote author=VikingNed link=topic=29240.msg499271#msg499271 date=1163942980]
    I usually find it hard to sit thru a whole college game, but not this one, it was for sure a great matchup.......Like Ultra said, kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time....







    Congrats to OU.........
    My favorite college football team (although I am not a big college football fan because of the way, or lack there of, that they determine a champion) is my alma mater OU.
    The "d
    Ugh!
    It's not OU!
    Around here OU is Ohio University in Athen, Ohio!

    It's THE OSU!

    Did you go there?
    Or are you like 95% of OSU fans who went to Kent, BG or OU? I just think its funny how desperate people are in Ohio, especially in the Cleveland area, to cheer for a winner.
    F' OSU, I hope Crable is on the OSU payroll for one of the dumbest penalties of all time, and heres to whoever plays OSU in the title game.
    No, I did not.

    Did you play for the Vikings?
    Did I?
    Did anybody here?
    Did everybody attend their favorite teams college?
    No...and you do not have a point.

    Furthurmore, I am not a Clevelander nor an Ohioan.
    I from NoDak and a North Dakotan at heart.
    I have always liked OSU before I moved here 10 years ago.
    Why?
    Because my favorite player of all time played there:
    CRIS CARTER!!!
    And a whole lotta other Vikings.

    Whose your favorite team?
    My favorite college football team (although I am not a big college football fan because of the way, or lack there of, that they determine a champion) is my alma mater OU.
    I like the Vikings because I grew up in Minny and have always loved the Vikes.
    If you live in Cleveland and disagree that the fans around here are desperate for a winner, you must not get out too much.
    I guess the main problem I have with you ******* off the buckeyes is because you have no affilation with them other than CC being a fav player of yours.
    Everyone is entitled to cheer for whoever they want, even if their reasons are as lame as yours.
    But please, calling them "THE Ohio State University is played out.
    Especially, when you have nothing to do with the school. By the way my diploma says, THE Ohio University, just like I'm sure alot of other schools have in their title.
    I'm sure I offended you and many but living around the b.s. of having OSU being everyones favorite team has been getting worse week after week.
    At least we can agree we like the Vikes and I will leave it at that.
    I do live in Cleveland and they are desperate for a winner.
    They have had none longer than anybody...no need to get out.

    Uhm, the official name of the college is "The" OSU.

    So may reason for being a Buckeyes is not good enough because I did not go there?
    News to me.
    I guess college teams would have a small fanbase if that is the case.
    That is ridiculous arguement.
    I did not start watching college ball until a few years ago.
    I also started watching HS football too.
    I really enjoy the pureness they both offer.
    Other than some of my favorite players going to OSU, they kinda grew on me.
    I guess that's a lame excuse, huh?
    I also like NDSU because I grew up in Fargo.
    Is that a good enough excuse for you since you are the one setting the guidelines for somebody being a fan?
    Why don't you just tell everybody here that did not grow up in MN like you that their reason for being a Viking fan is lame?
    Go ahead...do it?
    I grew up there (in the same town Mrs. Webby is from) so I am ok...right?
    Can I get an official fan ID from your office?

    I cannot help that you meet a lot of OSU fans.
    There are a lot.
    There are also a ton of Michigan, USC, and Notre Dame fans.
    I guess if they did not attend those schools they cannot be fans...they are lame as well.

    Tip of the day: Get a clue.


    [/quote]

    Ok, most points well taken.
    The main point of this entire argument is that, as i said in the intial post, 95% of buckeye fans went to another school with a d-1 football program.
    Which to me, doesnt make sense.
    I'm not going to continue this because I guess the point I am trying to make is not easy for you to understand.
    Believe me, I know that most people do not agree with my viewpoint, which is fine.
    As far as the pureness of college football, i think that statement is real whack if you are an OSU fan.
    Clarett.
    Troy Smith breaking a girls jaw outside of the shoe two years ago.

    Real pure.
    I will now send you your official Buckeye fan card now that we have had this discussion.
    [/quote]

    I was not talking about what they do on their own time; almost every team his dolts.
    I was talking about the game itself.
    They are not playing for money and are not sissies.

    BTW, I went to a community college...no team.
    ;D

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: OSU Wins!!!

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [quote author=ec179299 link=topic=29240.msg499292#msg499292 date=1163951731]
    [quote author=ultravikingfan link=topic=29240.msg499273#msg499273 date=1163944048]
    [quote author=VikingNed link=topic=29240.msg499271#msg499271 date=1163942980]
    I usually find it hard to sit thru a whole college game, but not this one, it was for sure a great matchup.......Like Ultra said, kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time....







    Congrats to OU.........
    My favorite college football team (although I am not a big college football fan because of the way, or lack there of, that they determine a champion) is my alma mater OU.
    The "d
    Ugh!
    It's not OU!
    Around here OU is Ohio University in Athen, Ohio!

    It's THE OSU!

    Did you go there?
    Or are you like 95% of OSU fans who went to Kent, BG or OU? I just think its funny how desperate people are in Ohio, especially in the Cleveland area, to cheer for a winner.
    F' OSU, I hope Crable is on the OSU payroll for one of the dumbest penalties of all time, and heres to whoever plays OSU in the title game.
    No, I did not.

    Did you play for the Vikings?
    Did I?
    Did anybody here?
    Did everybody attend their favorite teams college?
    No...and you do not have a point.

    Furthurmore, I am not a Clevelander nor an Ohioan.
    I from NoDak and a North Dakotan at heart.
    I have always liked OSU before I moved here 10 years ago.
    Why?
    Because my favorite player of all time played there:
    CRIS CARTER!!!
    And a whole lotta other Vikings.

    Whose your favorite team?
    My favorite college football team (although I am not a big college football fan because of the way, or lack there of, that they determine a champion) is my alma mater OU.
    I like the Vikings because I grew up in Minny and have always loved the Vikes.
    If you live in Cleveland and disagree that the fans around here are desperate for a winner, you must not get out too much.
    I guess the main problem I have with you ******* off the buckeyes is because you have no affilation with them other than CC being a fav player of yours.
    Everyone is entitled to cheer for whoever they want, even if their reasons are as lame as yours.
    But please, calling them "THE Ohio State University is played out.
    Especially, when you have nothing to do with the school. By the way my diploma says, THE Ohio University, just like I'm sure alot of other schools have in their title.
    I'm sure I offended you and many but living around the b.s. of having OSU being everyones favorite team has been getting worse week after week.
    At least we can agree we like the Vikes and I will leave it at that.
    I do live in Cleveland and they are desperate for a winner.
    They have had none longer than anybody...no need to get out.

    Uhm, the official name of the college is "The" OSU.

    So may reason for being a Buckeyes is not good enough because I did not go there?
    News to me.
    I guess college teams would have a small fanbase if that is the case.
    That is ridiculous arguement.
    I did not start watching college ball until a few years ago.
    I also started watching HS football too.
    I really enjoy the pureness they both offer.
    Other than some of my favorite players going to OSU, they kinda grew on me.
    I guess that's a lame excuse, huh?
    I also like NDSU because I grew up in Fargo.
    Is that a good enough excuse for you since you are the one setting the guidelines for somebody being a fan?
    Why don't you just tell everybody here that did not grow up in MN like you that their reason for being a Viking fan is lame?
    Go ahead...do it?
    I grew up there (in the same town Mrs. Webby is from) so I am ok...right?
    Can I get an official fan ID from your office?

    I cannot help that you meet a lot of OSU fans.
    There are a lot.
    There are also a ton of Michigan, USC, and Notre Dame fans.
    I guess if they did not attend those schools they cannot be fans...they are lame as well.

    Tip of the day: Get a clue.


    [/quote]

    Ok, most points well taken.
    The main point of this entire argument is that, as i said in the intial post, 95% of buckeye fans went to another school with a d-1 football program.
    Which to me, doesnt make sense.
    I'm not going to continue this because I guess the point I am trying to make is not easy for you to understand.
    Believe me, I know that most people do not agree with my viewpoint, which is fine.
    As far as the pureness of college football, i think that statement is real whack if you are an OSU fan.
    Clarett.
    Troy Smith breaking a girls jaw outside of the shoe two years ago.

    Real pure.
    I will now send you your official Buckeye fan card now that we have had this discussion.
    [/quote]

    I was not talking about what they do on their own time; almost every team his dolts.
    I was talking about the game itself.
    They are not playing for money and are not sissies.

    BTW, I went to a community college...no team.

    ;D
    [/quote]

    Not all fans of college sports go
    or went to the U they root for, please !
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold



    Thanks to PPE for sig

  3. #23
    WisconsinSucks's Avatar
    WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    567

    Re: OSU Wins!!!

    Was I the only one who watched the first half and thought they were replaying the Pats-Vikings game?

    Tressel must have watched because he decided not to run against the UM defense and spread them out just like the Pats did.

    Found it very interesting.

    BTW I hope there is a rematch.
    Definately the best two teams in the nation.

  4. #24
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: OSU Wins!!!

    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    Was I the only one who watched the first half and thought they were replaying the Pats-Vikings game?

    Tressel must have watched because he decided not to run against the UM defense and spread them out just like the Pats did.

    Found it very interesting.

    BTW I hope there is a rematch.
    Definately the best two teams in the nation.
    Yup, 13 of the first 15 plays were pass on the opening drive.
    Tressell is no dummy, Mich has a great run D.
    After that they mixed it up.

    But, right away in the 2nd quarter is when Wells took it to the house of his 52 yard run,

    http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore?gid=200611180033&page=plays

  5. #25
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: OSU Wins!!!

    "ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ec179299" wrote:
    [quote author=ultravikingfan link=topic=29240.msg499273#msg499273 date=1163944048]
    [quote author=VikingNed link=topic=29240.msg499271#msg499271 date=1163942980]
    I usually find it hard to sit thru a whole college game, but not this one, it was for sure a great matchup.......Like Ultra said, kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time....







    Congrats to OU.........
    My favorite college football team (although I am not a big college football fan because of the way, or lack there of, that they determine a champion) is my alma mater OU.
    The "d
    Ugh!
    It's not OU!
    Around here OU is Ohio University in Athen, Ohio!

    It's THE OSU!

    Did you go there?
    Or are you like 95% of OSU fans who went to Kent, BG or OU? I just think its funny how desperate people are in Ohio, especially in the Cleveland area, to cheer for a winner.
    F' OSU, I hope Crable is on the OSU payroll for one of the dumbest penalties of all time, and heres to whoever plays OSU in the title game.
    No, I did not.

    Did you play for the Vikings?
    Did I?
    Did anybody here?
    Did everybody attend their favorite teams college?
    No...and you do not have a point.

    Furthurmore, I am not a Clevelander nor an Ohioan.
    I from NoDak and a North Dakotan at heart.
    I have always liked OSU before I moved here 10 years ago.
    Why?
    Because my favorite player of all time played there:
    CRIS CARTER!!!
    And a whole lotta other Vikings.

    Whose your favorite team?
    My favorite college football team (although I am not a big college football fan because of the way, or lack there of, that they determine a champion) is my alma mater OU.
    I like the Vikings because I grew up in Minny and have always loved the Vikes.
    If you live in Cleveland and disagree that the fans around here are desperate for a winner, you must not get out too much.
    I guess the main problem I have with you ******* off the buckeyes is because you have no affilation with them other than CC being a fav player of yours.
    Everyone is entitled to cheer for whoever they want, even if their reasons are as lame as yours.
    But please, calling them "THE Ohio State University is played out.
    Especially, when you have nothing to do with the school. By the way my diploma says, THE Ohio University, just like I'm sure alot of other schools have in their title.
    I'm sure I offended you and many but living around the b.s. of having OSU being everyones favorite team has been getting worse week after week.
    At least we can agree we like the Vikes and I will leave it at that.
    I do live in Cleveland and they are desperate for a winner.
    They have had none longer than anybody...no need to get out.

    Uhm, the official name of the college is "The" OSU.

    So may reason for being a Buckeyes is not good enough because I did not go there?
    News to me.
    I guess college teams would have a small fanbase if that is the case.
    That is ridiculous arguement.
    I did not start watching college ball until a few years ago.
    I also started watching HS football too.
    I really enjoy the pureness they both offer.
    Other than some of my favorite players going to OSU, they kinda grew on me.
    I guess that's a lame excuse, huh?
    I also like NDSU because I grew up in Fargo.
    Is that a good enough excuse for you since you are the one setting the guidelines for somebody being a fan?
    Why don't you just tell everybody here that did not grow up in MN like you that their reason for being a Viking fan is lame?
    Go ahead...do it?
    I grew up there (in the same town Mrs. Webby is from) so I am ok...right?
    Can I get an official fan ID from your office?

    I cannot help that you meet a lot of OSU fans.
    There are a lot.
    There are also a ton of Michigan, USC, and Notre Dame fans.
    I guess if they did not attend those schools they cannot be fans...they are lame as well.

    Tip of the day: Get a clue.


    [/quote]

    Ok, most points well taken.
    The main point of this entire argument is that, as i said in the intial post, 95% of buckeye fans went to another school with a d-1 football program.
    Which to me, doesnt make sense.
    [size=10pt]I'm not going to continue this because I guess the point I am trying to make is not easy for you to understand.[/size]
    Believe me, I know that most people do not agree with my viewpoint, which is fine.
    As far as the pureness of college football, i think that statement is real whack if you are an OSU fan.
    Clarett.
    Troy Smith breaking a girls jaw outside of the shoe two years ago.

    Real pure.
    I will now send you your official Buckeye fan card now that we have had this discussion.
    [/quote]

    I think he understood your point just fine, only it was a stupid fricken point.

  6. #26
    ec179299 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    73

    Re: OSU Wins!!!

    "Del" wrote:
    "ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [quote author=ec179299 link=topic=29240.msg499292#msg499292 date=1163951731]
    [quote author=ultravikingfan link=topic=29240.msg499273#msg499273 date=1163944048]
    [quote author=VikingNed link=topic=29240.msg499271#msg499271 date=1163942980]
    I usually find it hard to sit thru a whole college game, but not this one, it was for sure a great matchup.......Like Ultra said, kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time....







    Congrats to OU.........
    My favorite college football team (although I am not a big college football fan because of the way, or lack there of, that they determine a champion) is my alma mater OU.
    The "d
    Ugh!
    It's not OU!
    Around here OU is Ohio University in Athen, Ohio!

    It's THE OSU!

    Did you go there?
    Or are you like 95% of OSU fans who went to Kent, BG or OU? I just think its funny how desperate people are in Ohio, especially in the Cleveland area, to cheer for a winner.
    F' OSU, I hope Crable is on the OSU payroll for one of the dumbest penalties of all time, and heres to whoever plays OSU in the title game.
    No, I did not.

    Did you play for the Vikings?
    Did I?
    Did anybody here?
    Did everybody attend their favorite teams college?
    No...and you do not have a point.

    Furthurmore, I am not a Clevelander nor an Ohioan.
    I from NoDak and a North Dakotan at heart.
    I have always liked OSU before I moved here 10 years ago.
    Why?
    Because my favorite player of all time played there:
    CRIS CARTER!!!
    And a whole lotta other Vikings.

    Whose your favorite team?
    My favorite college football team (although I am not a big college football fan because of the way, or lack there of, that they determine a champion) is my alma mater OU.
    I like the Vikings because I grew up in Minny and have always loved the Vikes.
    If you live in Cleveland and disagree that the fans around here are desperate for a winner, you must not get out too much.
    I guess the main problem I have with you ******* off the buckeyes is because you have no affilation with them other than CC being a fav player of yours.
    Everyone is entitled to cheer for whoever they want, even if their reasons are as lame as yours.
    But please, calling them "THE Ohio State University is played out.
    Especially, when you have nothing to do with the school. By the way my diploma says, THE Ohio University, just like I'm sure alot of other schools have in their title.
    I'm sure I offended you and many but living around the b.s. of having OSU being everyones favorite team has been getting worse week after week.
    At least we can agree we like the Vikes and I will leave it at that.
    I do live in Cleveland and they are desperate for a winner.
    They have had none longer than anybody...no need to get out.

    Uhm, the official name of the college is "The" OSU.

    So may reason for being a Buckeyes is not good enough because I did not go there?
    News to me.
    I guess college teams would have a small fanbase if that is the case.
    That is ridiculous arguement.
    I did not start watching college ball until a few years ago.
    I also started watching HS football too.
    I really enjoy the pureness they both offer.
    Other than some of my favorite players going to OSU, they kinda grew on me.
    I guess that's a lame excuse, huh?
    I also like NDSU because I grew up in Fargo.
    Is that a good enough excuse for you since you are the one setting the guidelines for somebody being a fan?
    Why don't you just tell everybody here that did not grow up in MN like you that their reason for being a Viking fan is lame?
    Go ahead...do it?
    I grew up there (in the same town Mrs. Webby is from) so I am ok...right?
    Can I get an official fan ID from your office?

    I cannot help that you meet a lot of OSU fans.
    There are a lot.
    There are also a ton of Michigan, USC, and Notre Dame fans.
    I guess if they did not attend those schools they cannot be fans...they are lame as well.

    Tip of the day: Get a clue.


    [/quote]

    Ok, most points well taken.
    The main point of this entire argument is that, as i said in the intial post, 95% of buckeye fans went to another school with a d-1 football program.
    Which to me, doesnt make sense.
    [size=10pt]I'm not going to continue this because I guess the point I am trying to make is not easy for you to understand.[/size]
    Believe me, I know that most people do not agree with my viewpoint, which is fine.
    As far as the pureness of college football, i think that statement is real whack if you are an OSU fan.
    Clarett.
    Troy Smith breaking a girls jaw outside of the shoe two years ago.

    Real pure.
    I will now send you your official Buckeye fan card now that we have had this discussion.
    [/quote]

    I think he understood your point just fine, only it was a stupid fricken point.
    [/quote]

    Alright. Thanks.

  7. #27
    OchoCinco's Avatar
    OchoCinco is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    770

    Re: OSU Wins!!!

    I like steak alot....but I am not a cow.....so I guess I can't eat steak...I will have to start eating humans...because I am one............ ???

  8. #28
    ec179299 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    73

    Re: OSU Wins!!!

    "gdavikes84" wrote:
    I like steak alot....but I am not a cow.....so I guess I can't eat steak...I will have to start eating humans...because I am one............ ???
    Huber Heights, Ohio.
    Do I even have to guess why you would respond with that?

  9. #29
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: OSU Wins!!!

    Not that I have to, but I am slightly offended by some of what I've read in this thread, so I'm going to give you my reasoning for being a Buckeye fan.


    First, I was born in Ohio, I've lived in Ohio all of my life.
    Secondly, I was born in Youngstown, and still live close to Youngstown, and being from that area, where Jim Tressel coached for several years, it's hard not to also be a Jim Tressel fan.
    Thirdly, while I did not attend The Ohio State University, I did go to school in Columbus, OH (at DeVry a technical college with no sports teams), and I actually worked at the Horseshoe one fall.
    And finally, because I want to be.
    There really needs to be no other reason.


    EC, are you from Minnesota?
    Did you go to Minnesota?
    If you are from there, but didn't attend Minnesota, would you root for them if they were playing for the Big Ten title, against say Iowa or Michigan or even OSU???
    Or the Nat'l Championship against USC or Florida???

    I think it's reasonable to assume that 90% or better of the fans of any major college football program did not attend that school.
    Otherwise the TV ratings of the college games would be a joke.
    I know at least 5 Notre Dame fans, just among my friends adn family, none of whom have even visited Notre Dame, let alone went to school there.


    Also, one more thing that irritates me, it is The Ohio State University.
    On MNF, or SNF, when players that went to other schools point out that there college is a "The", when it really isn't.
    There's only one The Ohio State University.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

  10. #30
    OchoCinco's Avatar
    OchoCinco is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    770

    Re: OSU Wins!!!

    "ec179299" wrote:
    "gdavikes84" wrote:
    I like steak alot....but I am not a cow.....so I guess I can't eat steak...I will have to start eating humans...because I am one............ ???
    Huber Heights, Ohio.
    Do I even have to guess why you would respond with that?
    I grew up in Rushford Minnesota...transferred here via military.....I am a Gophers fan unfortunetly.....guess that screws up your whole CSI investigation.
    I suggest you remove your asshat and let this one go.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where does 5 wins put us?
    By battleaxe4cheese in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 06:01 PM
  2. Nadal wins, Nadal wins!!
    By skum in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 03:58 PM
  3. Mr. Woo Wins in Court
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 10:03 PM
  4. The Cajun QB wins!!!
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 12:31 AM
  5. NC Wins
    By ChiTownVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 03:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •