Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OSU Wins!!!

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Re: OSU Wins!!!

I have to say, coming in to this game I didn't really have a team I was rooting for. I was just hoping that this would be one of those ultra-exciting close games that you just can't miss if you're a football fan.

And it did not disappoint. What a fun game to watch. And the final score says it all. Whaile Mich is a great team, OSU will always be OSU. The Horseshoe will always Be the Horseshoe. Its loud, and its hard to win there.

This was ametuer sports at its very best.
    -Sno

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    I usually find it hard to sit thru a whole college game, but not this one, it was for sure a great matchup.......Like Ultra said, kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time....

Congrats to OU.........
    Ugh!
    It's not OU!
    Around here OU is Ohio University in Athen, Ohio!

It's THE OSU!

Did you go there?
    Or are you like 95% of OSU fans who went to Kent, BG or OU? I just think its funny how desperate people are in Ohio, especially in the Cleveland area, to cheer for a winner.
    F' OSU, I hope Crable is on the OSU payroll for one of the dumbest penalties of all time, and heres to whoever plays OSU in the title game.
    No, I did not.

Did you play for the Vikings?
    Did I?
    Did anybody here?
    Did everybody attend their favorite teams college?
    No...and you do not have a point.

Furthurmore, I am not a Clevelander nor an Ohioan.
    I from NoDak and a North Dakotan at heart.
    I have always liked OSU before I moved here 10 years ago.
    Why?
    Because my favorite player of all time played there:
    CRIS CARTER!!!
    And a whole lotta other Vikings.

Whose your favorite team?

Del Rio Guest

Well you just had to know they would try to attack the fan base. That's the way it is with weak ass college teams. When they get their ass handed to them they turn on the fans or the organizations like they even have a clue what they are talking about.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

some where last night bo shemebeclher and woody hayes were sitting on a couch watching the game. bo turned to woody and said who ever thought you and me would end up watching the game in heaven together. as the tv blares TD OSU woody grins at bo and says.....who said this is heaven?
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Is Lloyd going to lose his job?

Cooper did because he could not beat that team up north.

[img width=380 height=470]http://www.scottkropko.com/images/umstillsucks/failure.jpg[/img]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

That was a great game, and a great ending. I didn't think there would be that many points put up! Hopefully we'll see that rematch for the national title!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ec179299 is offline Rookie

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    I usually find it hard to sit thru a whole college game, but not this one, it was for sure a great matchup.......Like Ultra said, kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time....

Congrats to OU.........
    My favorite college football team (although I am not a big college football fan because of the way, or lack there of, that they determine a champion) is my alma mater OU.
    The "d
    Ugh!
    It's not OU!

It's THE OSU!

Did you go there?
    Or are you like 95% of OSU fans who went to Kent, BG or OU? I just think its funny how desperate people are in Ohio, especially in the Cleveland area, to cheer for a winner.
    F' OSU, I hope Crable is on the OSU payroll for one of the dumbest penalties of all time, and heres to whoever plays OSU in the title game.
    No, I did not.

Did I?
    Did anybody here?

Why?
    CRIS CARTER!!!

My favorite college football team (although I am not a big college football fan because of the way, or lack there of, that they determine a champion) is my alma mater OU.
    I like the Vikings because I grew up in Minny and have always loved the Vikes.
    If you live in Cleveland and disagree that the fans around here are desperate for a winner, you must not get out too much.
    I guess the main problem I have with you ******* off the buckeyes is because you have no affilation with them other than CC being a fav player of yours.
    Everyone is entitled to cheer for whoever they want, even if their reasons are as lame as yours.
    But please, calling them "THE Ohio State University is played out.
    Especially, when you have nothing to do with the school. By the way my diploma says, THE Ohio University, just like I'm sure alot of other schools have in their title.
    I'm sure I offended you and many but living around the b.s. of having OSU being everyones favorite team has been getting worse week after week.
    At least we can agree we like the Vikes and I will leave it at that.

"ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

Congrats to OU.........
    The "d
    Ugh!
    It's not OU!

It's THE OSU!

Did you go there?
    No, I did not.

Did I?
    Did anybody here?

Why?
    CRIS CARTER!!!

If you live in Cleveland and disagree that the fans around here are desperate for a winner, you must not get out too much.
    I guess the main problem I have with you ******* off the buckeyes is because you have no affilation with them other than CC being a fav player of yours.
    Everyone is entitled to cheer for whoever they want, even if their reasons are as lame as yours.
    Especially, when you have nothing to do with the school. By the way my diploma says, THE Ohio University, just like I'm sure alot of other schools have in their title.
    I'm sure I offended you and many but living around the b.s. of having OSU being everyones favorite team has been getting worse week after week.
    I do live in Cleveland and they are desperate for a winner.
    They have had none longer than anybody...no need to get out.

Uhm, the official name of the college is "The" OSU.

So may reason for being a Buckeyes is not good enough because I did not go there?
    News to me.
    I guess college teams would have a small fanbase if that is the case.
    That is ridiculous arguement.
    I did not start watching college ball until a few years ago.
    I also started watching HS football too.
    I really enjoy the pureness they both offer.
    Other than some of my favorite players going to OSU, they kinda grew on me.
    I guess that's a lame excuse, huh?
    I also like NDSU because I grew up in Fargo.
    Is that a good enough excuse for you since you are the one setting the guidelines for somebody being a fan?
    Why don't you just tell everybody here that did not grow up in MN like you that their reason for being a Viking fan is lame?
    Go ahead...do it?
    I grew up there (in the same town Mrs. Webby is from) so I am ok...right?
    Can I get an official fan ID from your office?

I cannot help that you meet a lot of OSU fans.
    There are a lot.
    There are also a ton of Michigan, USC, and Notre Dame fans.
    I guess if they did not attend those schools they cannot be fans...they are lame as well.

Tip of the day: Get a clue.

ec179299 is offline Rookie

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ec179299" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [quote author=VikingNed link=topic=29240.msg499271#msg499271 date=1163942980]

Congrats to OU.........
    The "d
    Ugh!
    It's not OU!

It's THE OSU!

Did you go there?
    No, I did not.

Did I?
    Did anybody here?

Why?
    CRIS CARTER!!!

I do live in Cleveland and they are desperate for a winner.
    They have had none longer than anybody...no need to get out.

Uhm, the official name of the college is "The" OSU.

So may reason for being a Buckeyes is not good enough because I did not go there?
    News to me.
    I guess college teams would have a small fanbase if that is the case.
    That is ridiculous arguement.
    I did not start watching college ball until a few years ago.
    I also started watching HS football too.
    I really enjoy the pureness they both offer.
    Other than some of my favorite players going to OSU, they kinda grew on me.
    I guess that's a lame excuse, huh?
    I also like NDSU because I grew up in Fargo.
    Is that a good enough excuse for you since you are the one setting the guidelines for somebody being a fan?
    Why don't you just tell everybody here that did not grow up in MN like you that their reason for being a Viking fan is lame?
    Go ahead...do it?
    I grew up there (in the same town Mrs. Webby is from) so I am ok...right?
    Can I get an official fan ID from your office?

I cannot help that you meet a lot of OSU fans.
    There are a lot.
    There are also a ton of Michigan, USC, and Notre Dame fans.
    I guess if they did not attend those schools they cannot be fans...they are lame as well.

Tip of the day: Get a clue.

[/quote]

Ok, most points well taken.
    The main point of this entire argument is that, as i said in the intial post, 95% of buckeye fans went to another school with a d-1 football program.
    Which to me, doesnt make sense.
    I'm not going to continue this because I guess the point I am trying to make is not easy for you to understand.
    Believe me, I know that most people do not agree with my viewpoint, which is fine.
    As far as the pureness of college football, i think that statement is real whack if you are an OSU fan.
    Clarett.
    Troy Smith breaking a girls jaw outside of the shoe two years ago.
    Real pure.
    I will now send you your official Buckeye fan card now that we have had this discussion.

OSU can now sit back and see everyone else fight over the #2 spot, good for them.
    As for a rematch, only if USC loses. If the Trojans lose to say Notre Dame, yes Michigan should go to Arizona because they polaxed the Irish. Just like if both USC and Arkansas win out, the SEC can cry all they want, but USC KILLED the Razorbacks.

See, it helps to win out. Congrats to the Buckeyes.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast