Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: OMG the Gophers are REALLY bad...

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    As soon as the new stadium opens they will be great.
    How the hell do these losers get a new stadium but the Vikes gewt pooped on?

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Their pass defense is TERRIBLE. A D1-AA QB throws for 467 yards and 5 TDs against them! What a joke...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    As soon as the new stadium opens they will be great.
    How the hell do these losers get a new stadium but the Vikes gewt pooped on?
    Wealthy alumni/donors? Money from the Big Ten?

I think it is probably better for the state if they keep a good relationship with the state's best and most famous university instead of a pro football team that has not done so well lately and is not making much money.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Don't complain about the new Gopher stadium. The Vikes may be playing in it someday.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Can Minnesota just fire Brewster now?

He has no clue whats going on.

After trailing by three scores against Purdue, He tells the reporter at half, that the team has no worries because they have been in that situation the last 3 out of 4 games.

Hello McFly.... You don't want to be in that situation.
    You don't want to be in that situation even once.

Yeah you should worry.
    Flip some chairs and a desk.
    Get your team fired up.

Brewster is an idiot and I felt that before Minnesota hired him.

I could care less if he can bring talent to Minnesota.
    It doesn't matter if you can't coach.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Watched my first gophers game of the year tonight.. It was pretty ugly. The Gophers could have been in the game if not for that fumble on the kick block return.

The thing that pisses me off about Brewster is the plainly obvious decisions that he manages to screw up. That's just a lack of head coaching experience. Down by two scores, you've got the ball, there are 5 mins on the clock. It's no huddle time, right? Keep their prevent defense on its heels and get a quick score, right? Wrong. They waste 10-15 seconds getting to the line every play and end up turning it over on downs. Ugly.

As an outside unbiased opinion, at this point Brewster has his work cut out for him. He's only ever coached tight ends so obviously there's some adjustment that he's going to have to make to being a HC.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Watched my first gophers game of the year tonight.. It was pretty ugly. The Gophers could have been in the game if not for that fumble on the kick block return.

The thing that pisses me off about Brewster is the plainly obvious decisions that he manages to screw up. That's just a lack of head coaching experience. Down by two scores, you've got the ball, there are 5 mins on the clock. It's no huddle time, right? Keep their prevent defense on its heels and get a quick score, right? Wrong. They waste 10-15 seconds getting to the line every play and end up turning it over on downs. Ugly.

As an outside unbiased opinion, at this point Brewster has his work cut out for him. He's only ever coached tight ends so obviously there's some adjustment that he's going to have to make to being a HC.
    He is clearly not ready.
    I know he was not handed the best team but he was handed a team with some really good talent.
    Losing to Ball State and Florida Atlantic, he clearly has no clue.
    What makes me upset the most is he denies there is a problem.
    Atleast say we have to work on a lot of things because the team isn't ready yet.

Nope..... He says we have been here before so theres no problems.

Brewster is probably on Hennepen Ave right now buying some crack because we all know he's smoken it.

PacMan21 is offline Starter

Yikes. That was a hard game to watch.

Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

He is clearly not ready.
    I know he was not handed the best team but he was handed a team with some really good talent.
    Losing to Ball State and Florida Atlantic, he clearly has no clue.
    What makes me upset the most is he denies there is a problem.
    Atleast say we have to work on a lot of things because the team isn't ready yet.

Nope..... He says we have been here before so theres no problems.

Brewster is probably on Hennepen Ave right now buying some crack because we all know he's smoken it.

Exactly. My team (NC State) is in a similar coach transition period with Tom O'Brien coming in after coaching for 10 years at BC as HC. The difference in the situation is that O'Brien comes right out and says that the guys on our team don't have any heart and if they want to compete, they're going to have to play a hell of a lot better. That shows his honesty as a HC and his knowledge of how pissed fans get when you try to make a bad situation look good.

I'm not sure what to make of Brewster yet though. He makes some bad decisions but the fact that the players were put into positions to win the purdue game and didn't cash in on them kind of sticks with me. Keep in mind I haven't seen any other games though.. I would imagine the losses to FIU and Ball St. were ugly as well.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

No shit.
    I finally get to see them play this year and they pull off a game like that.
    Damn.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast