Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65
  1. #11
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: OMG the Gophers are REALLY bad...

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    As soon as the new stadium opens they will be great.
    How the hell do these losers get a new stadium but the Vikes gewt pooped on?

  2. #12
    shockzilla's Avatar
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    6,204
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: OMG the Gophers are REALLY bad...

    Their pass defense is TERRIBLE. A D1-AA QB throws for 467 yards and 5 TDs against them! What a joke...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

  3. #13
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: OMG the Gophers are REALLY bad...

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    As soon as the new stadium opens they will be great.
    How the hell do these losers get a new stadium but the Vikes gewt pooped on?
    Wealthy alumni/donors? Money from the Big Ten?

    I think it is probably better for the state if they keep a good relationship with the state's best and most famous university instead of a pro football team that has not done so well lately and is not making much money.

  4. #14
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: OMG the Gophers are REALLY bad...

    Don't complain about the new Gopher stadium. The Vikes may be playing in it someday.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  5. #15
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: OMG the Gophers are REALLY bad...

    Can Minnesota just fire Brewster now?

    He has no clue whats going on.


    After trailing by three scores against Purdue, He tells the reporter at half, that the team has no worries because they have been in that situation the last 3 out of 4 games.


    Hello McFly.... You don't want to be in that situation.
    You don't want to be in that situation even once.


    Yeah you should worry.
    Flip some chairs and a desk.
    Get your team fired up.


    Brewster is an idiot and I felt that before Minnesota hired him.

    I could care less if he can bring talent to Minnesota.
    It doesn't matter if you can't coach.




  6. #16
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: OMG the Gophers are REALLY bad...

    Watched my first gophers game of the year tonight.. It was pretty ugly. The Gophers could have been in the game if not for that fumble on the kick block return.

    The thing that pisses me off about Brewster is the plainly obvious decisions that he manages to screw up. That's just a lack of head coaching experience. Down by two scores, you've got the ball, there are 5 mins on the clock. It's no huddle time, right? Keep their prevent defense on its heels and get a quick score, right? Wrong. They waste 10-15 seconds getting to the line every play and end up turning it over on downs. Ugly.

    As an outside unbiased opinion, at this point Brewster has his work cut out for him. He's only ever coached tight ends so obviously there's some adjustment that he's going to have to make to being a HC.

  7. #17
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: OMG the Gophers are REALLY bad...

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Watched my first gophers game of the year tonight.. It was pretty ugly. The Gophers could have been in the game if not for that fumble on the kick block return.

    The thing that pisses me off about Brewster is the plainly obvious decisions that he manages to screw up. That's just a lack of head coaching experience. Down by two scores, you've got the ball, there are 5 mins on the clock. It's no huddle time, right? Keep their prevent defense on its heels and get a quick score, right? Wrong. They waste 10-15 seconds getting to the line every play and end up turning it over on downs. Ugly.

    As an outside unbiased opinion, at this point Brewster has his work cut out for him. He's only ever coached tight ends so obviously there's some adjustment that he's going to have to make to being a HC.
    He is clearly not ready.
    I know he was not handed the best team but he was handed a team with some really good talent.
    Losing to Ball State and Florida Atlantic, he clearly has no clue.
    What makes me upset the most is he denies there is a problem.
    Atleast say we have to work on a lot of things because the team isn't ready yet.


    Nope..... He says we have been here before so theres no problems.


    Brewster is probably on Hennepen Ave right now buying some crack because we all know he's smoken it.



  8. #18
    PacMan21's Avatar
    PacMan21 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    164

    Re: OMG the Gophers are REALLY bad...

    Yikes. That was a hard game to watch.


    Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

  9. #19
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: OMG the Gophers are REALLY bad...

    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Watched my first gophers game of the year tonight.. It was pretty ugly. The Gophers could have been in the game if not for that fumble on the kick block return.

    The thing that pisses me off about Brewster is the plainly obvious decisions that he manages to screw up. That's just a lack of head coaching experience. Down by two scores, you've got the ball, there are 5 mins on the clock. It's no huddle time, right? Keep their prevent defense on its heels and get a quick score, right? Wrong. They waste 10-15 seconds getting to the line every play and end up turning it over on downs. Ugly.

    As an outside unbiased opinion, at this point Brewster has his work cut out for him. He's only ever coached tight ends so obviously there's some adjustment that he's going to have to make to being a HC.
    He is clearly not ready.
    I know he was not handed the best team but he was handed a team with some really good talent.
    Losing to Ball State and Florida Atlantic, he clearly has no clue.
    What makes me upset the most is he denies there is a problem.
    Atleast say we have to work on a lot of things because the team isn't ready yet.


    Nope..... He says we have been here before so theres no problems.


    Brewster is probably on Hennepen Ave right now buying some crack because we all know he's smoken it.


    Exactly. My team (NC State) is in a similar coach transition period with Tom O'Brien coming in after coaching for 10 years at BC as HC. The difference in the situation is that O'Brien comes right out and says that the guys on our team don't have any heart and if they want to compete, they're going to have to play a hell of a lot better. That shows his honesty as a HC and his knowledge of how pissed fans get when you try to make a bad situation look good.

    I'm not sure what to make of Brewster yet though. He makes some bad decisions but the fact that the players were put into positions to win the purdue game and didn't cash in on them kind of sticks with me. Keep in mind I haven't seen any other games though.. I would imagine the losses to FIU and Ball St. were ugly as well.

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: OMG the Gophers are REALLY bad...

    No shit.
    I finally get to see them play this year and they pull off a game like that.
    Damn.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gophers ranked in top 25
    By COJOMAY in forum College Ball
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 11:53 AM
  2. Gophers get New Uni's
    By Garland Greene in forum College Ball
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 01:14 PM
  3. Gophers Win!
    By PurplePackerEater in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 10:55 PM
  4. Go Gophers
    By purplehorn in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 07:28 PM
  5. GOPHERS!
    By billvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 07:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •