Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Ohio State Now Willing to Play Boise State for the National Title

Ohio State Now Willing to Play Boise State for the National Title

Just days after deflecting any notion that undefeated Boise State deserved a shot to play then-undefeated Ohio State for the national title, Ohio State players and coaches say they are more than happy now to play the Broncos for the championship straight-up, no questions asked.

“Hey, if the offer is still on the table – Ohio State vs. Boise State for the national championship – we’ll take hit,” said Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel. “Boise State deserves their shot and you know, uh, we wouldn’t mind playing the title game over again.”

The heavily-favored Buckeyes were blown out by Florida on Monday night in the BCS Championship Game, 41-14, but Ohio State says that game was not the true national championship.

“Florida shouldn’t have been there with their one loss. Boise State is undefeated and they should have been playing us,” said Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith. “I think that’s why we didn’t play well on Monday night – we knew the game was a sham.”

Boise State head coach Chris Petersen says he welcomes Ohio State’s offer, but doubts his team will accept.

“Look, I understand where Ohio State is coming from. I do. If we had been embarrassed and humiliated in every possible way on national television in the championship game, we’d want a chance to redeem ourselves, too,” said Petersen. “But we’ve already beaten the champion from a supposed power conference in Oklahoma. We want Florida now.”

NCAA president Myles Brand says he likes certain aspects of Ohio State’s proposal, but doubts he would ever approve of the game under its current format.

“I would love to have Boise State play for the national championship,” said Brand. “And if we can get a plus-one game set up that gives them that chance, I won’t stand in the way. But the part of the proposal I hate is Ohio State being in the game. No one wants to watch them get killed again, least of all Ohio State’s fans, I would think. So I’ll okay Boise State playing for the title, but only against Florida.”

But while Florida has so far showed no interest in playing the Broncos, the Buckeyes say the only game they want is Ohio State-Boise State.

“Just three days ago there was near universal agreement that Boise State deserved a shot at the national title, while there was a lot of disagreement over whether Florida deserved to play us for the national championship,” said Tressel. “Why can’t we go back to then? Huh? Please, let’s just go back to three days ago and pretend the BCS Championship Game never happened. Please, God. Please.”
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Ohio State Now Willing to Play Boise State for the National Title

This has got to be a sports pickle article.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I started reading it and almost flipped out...

I proceeded to finish and realize it was a fake lol.

I should have known.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Sounds like a fake article to me... If this is indeed true, OSU is nothing but a bunch of f'n whiners... From their "star" QB, all the way to their coach... I would say Florida definitely deserved to be in that, if anyone didn't deserve it, it was OSU.. Sure they were undefeated, but they got smoked against a team that supposedly had no business being there.. Oh well, Florida Gators, 2007 National Champions.. Best team in the Nation, that is all that matters..

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I think Ultra is behind this somehow!
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I would still love to see Boise play Ohio, but yeah I too would hate to see all of those Ohio fans get emberassed again. From the way Ohio played in that game I dont think it would be a good game anyways, the Broncos would eat them alive.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Is The Onion responsible for this?

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Funny article.

It would be pretty cool to see Florida play the Broncos.
    I'm sure Florida would win, but it would be better than the OSU beat down.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I actually wouldn't mind seeing that game after how badly OSU got beat by Florida.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast