Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    vikingbill50's Avatar
    vikingbill50 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    271

    ohio state at iowa

    so what are your thoughts of this game...i can really see an upset here as iowa cna win..look at the last two games that ohio state has played, cinncinati and penn state both gave them a run for theire money..if they play like that at iowa..iowa will take big advantage and can win..iowa24..ohio state21..upset here
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

  2. #2
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: ohio state at iowa

    "vikingbill50" wrote:
    so what are your thoughts of this game...i can really see an upset here as iowa cna win..look at the last two games that ohio state has played, cinncinati and penn state both gave them a run for theire money..if they play like that at iowa..iowa will take big advantage and can win..iowa24..ohio state21..upset here
    Are you nuts?
    Gave them a run for thir money?
    Dude...we beat Cincy 37-7!
    We beat Penn Suck 28-6!

    How many ranked opponents has Iowa played?
    Buckeyes have played 3.
    Iowa had to go to OT to beat Syracuse...a lousy team.

    We stomped the pooh outta both those team and you say if we play like that we will lose?
    Are you aware of the scores of those 2 games or what?

  3. #3
    Prophet Guest

    Re: ohio state at iowa

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "vikingbill50" wrote:
    so what are your thoughts of this game...i can really see an upset here as iowa cna win..look at the last two games that ohio state has played, cinncinati and penn state both gave them a run for theire money..if they play like that at iowa..iowa will take big advantage and can win..iowa24..ohio state21..upset here
    Are you nuts?
    Gave them a run for thir money?
    Dude...we beat Cincy 37-7!
    We beat Penn Suck 28-6!

    How many ranked opponents has Iowa played?
    Buckeyes have played 3.
    Iowa had to go to OT to beat Syracuse...a lousy team.

    We stomped the pooh outta both those team and you say if we play like that we will lose?
    Are you aware of the scores of those 2 games or what?

    I have a feeling that the audio of Ultra's comments would be very similar to the audio in this thread.

  4. #4
    HerdDaVikes is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    114

    Re: ohio state at iowa

    Ultra, I couldn't agree more that there is no question that the Bucks will win, but the Penn State game was a close game until the two late picks.

    Secondly, vikingbill50 are you forgetting the butt whopping Iowa got last year? OSU big against an overrated Iowa team, 35-10

  5. #5
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: ohio state at iowa

    See, its not that he said Iowa was going to win.
    I could give to craps less about that statement.
    Its the entire "run for their money" nonsense.
    I would love it if he came back and explained.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    65

    Re: ohio state at iowa

    Being from Iowa myself, I would love to see a win for Iowa. I feel that the Buckeyes win more with luck then talent. The Hawkeyes haven't played up to expectations but with a little help from luck or the refs they could win it.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=102 252940

  7. #7
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879

    Re: ohio state at iowa

    "VikinginaCamaro" wrote:
    Being from Iowa myself, I would love to see a win for Iowa. I feel that the Buckeyes win more with luck then talent. The Hawkeyes haven't played up to expectations but with a little help from luck or the refs they could win it.
    Sorry Camaro, but Ohio State has talent. loads of it.
    Smith/Ginn/Gonzales/Pittman on offense are as good a group as any in the country.
    Their defense is completely revamped and they are playing very well.
    I like Iowa, and I love Drew Tate, but their going to need more than a few lucky calls go there way to stay in this game.
    OSU always has a few testers early in the season, but I think they'll come ready to play against Iowa.
    They whooped up on the Longhorns very convincingly here in Austin, both sides of the ball, so good luck, but don't wager too much on it.
    I say OSU won't be tested until Michigan.

  8. #8
    vegasvike's Avatar
    vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: ohio state at iowa

    I am a BIG TIME
    HAWKEYE fan, I would love to see the hawks win at home BUT OSU is a tough team. Hopefully if the outcome doesnt shine on the hawks I hope it does nothing to their rank. Like an overrated irish team
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z


    I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

  9. #9
    vikingbill50's Avatar
    vikingbill50 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    271

    Re: ohio state at iowa

    yea sure i agree that ohio state whooped our butts last year and the year before that we wooped their butts something like
    33-7. so now now its like best 2 ot of three and yes, penn state did play them good and if it wasnt for those late picks, you never know but that is part of the game, cinnci did play them good and ohio state jsut wore them down, that wont happen with iowa, i think we are gonna see a high passing game from both teams and yes, i still say a upset can happen here and we also have one advantage and that is the 12th man, which is the fans out there as we have home field advantage and look at iowa's home record...what is it, something like
    25 out of 26 we have won at home, you cant take that away..iowa is a very big underdog but we like it that way, gives us more to prove then ohio state and that might be the deciding factor too..
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

  10. #10
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: ohio state at iowa

    I really like Drew Tate, for all those who don' beleive in T-Jack I htink Tate would be a great replacement for Johnson, he's smart and efficient, and has a rocket arm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do you go to Ohio State?
    By baumy300 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 07:51 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 08:42 AM
  3. MOVED: ohio state at iowa this saturday
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 02:58 PM
  4. ohio state at iowa this saturday
    By vikingbill50 in forum College Ball
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 12:15 PM
  5. iowa-ball state...
    By rkuriger04 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 01:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •