Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Need a Team to Support

Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Pick the closest team to where you were born, always worked for me.
    Gotta go with my good friend JMC's idea.
    You guys do realize that Mark's from the UK, right?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    You guys do realize that Mark's from the UK, right?

=Z=
    So he should probaby pick a east coast team then. :huh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

I don't follow college ball much, mostly cause its just to damn hard to follow the Gophers. I have been, however, watching a bit of Hookie ball as they are close and I can get to see thier games.

Add to that the fact that alot of our local boys make the team and it adds a bit more familiarity/ownership/pride in them for me.

Heck, Wildwoman and I are even talking about driving up for a game this year.
    Wouldn't you "drive over" to get to Blacksburg? A "drive up" would more like a trip to Charlottesville.

=Z=
    460 is actually a Northwesterly direction. If I opted to take 64 west to 81 south, then yes, I would eventually go down, but I would have to go up first as 64 is also a Northwesterly direction from my Casa.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Ah, but Marty lives closer to the coast, so technically he'd be driving "up" as VT is at a higher elevation
    You should see what it would be like if I tried to get there with my boat. A couple of dams and at least 3 portages.... :laugh:

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    I am looking forward to watching the college season this year but need to find a team to support.

So far I have thought about:

The Sooners - APs alma mater
    The Hokies - My pastor went to VTech
    The Wolverines - Good friend who is from Michigan

Would also like to understand more about the conferences and how that all works PAC10 etc.

Would appreciiate any comments or ideas
    I was in a similar dilemma, in the end i went with the first place i visited in the States.

Go Hurricanes, who i think could have a decent year this year, i like Harris at QB.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Do Indiana have a team
    Purple till i die

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

They sure do.. Indiana Hoosiers

GimmebackmyRice is offline Waterboy

Sounds like you've narrowed it down pretty well. East coast team, SEC, not a homer team like SoCal or Florida or Texas, great fan base with a lot to look forward to this year...sounds like your mind has already been made up. It's the South Carolina Gamecocks. We have one of the toughest SEC schedules in the nation so you will see some of the best teams in the country. We play Bama, Florida, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, etc. And the best part about it is that we have a great shot at winning the Eastern Division this year. Steve Spurrier is fun as hell to watch on the sidelines, and you will get to watch some of the best DB's in the country along with one of the most talented WR units in the SEC. (Draft Alshon Jeffery in a couple of years, trust me. He's no Rice but he's the closest thing we've had to him.)
    Which brings up another point. We've brought you some great players, like Sidney Rice, Jasper Brinkley, Marcus Robinson, Troy Williamson, Willie Offord, Deandre Eiland, who else..

We are the underdogs of the SEC primed to take down the big boys this year.
    None

Sounds like you've narrowed it down pretty well. East coast team, SEC, not a homer team like SoCal or Florida or Texas, great fan base with a lot to look forward to this year...sounds like your mind has already been made up. It's the South Carolina Gamecocks. We have one of the toughest SEC schedules in the nation so you will see some of the best teams in the country. We play Bama, Florida, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, etc. And the best part about it is that we have a great shot at winning the Eastern Division this year. Steve Spurrier is fun as hell to watch on the sidelines, and you will get to watch some of the best DB's in the country along with one of the most talented WR units in the SEC. (Draft Alshon Jeffery in a couple of years, trust me. He's no Rice but he's the closest thing we've had to him.)
    Which brings up another point. We've brought you some great players, like Sidney Rice, Jasper Brinkley, Marcus Robinson, Troy Williamson, Willie Offord, Deandre Eiland, who else..

None

None

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast