Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,567

    Re: NDSU Bison Basketball

    It's was closer than I thought it would be

  2. #42
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: NDSU Bison Basketball

    "gregair13" wrote:
    There is tons of time left. Two stops and its tied.
    I just knew once Kansas got up by 5 or more, NDSU couldn't do it. They had to pick their poison of letting Collins beat you or get beat on the inside. Their only chance was to keep it REALLY close until the end.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  3. #43
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NDSU Bison Basketball

    Good Game.
    NDSU stayed in it - never more than an 11 point lead, and the average lead was only 5 points.
    Pretty much how I expected it to play out.
    NDSU wasn't going to be a pushover by any means.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #44
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: NDSU Bison Basketball

    Didn't get to see the game other than a few minutes late in the game, kind of weird seeing all those blonde headed kids on the court.
    Looks like they kept it close throughout the game.

    Congrats on a great showing.

  5. #45
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NDSU Bison Basketball

    "Tad7" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    There is tons of time left. Two stops and its tied.
    I just knew once Kansas got up by 5 or more, NDSU couldn't do it. They had to pick their poison of letting Collins beat you or get beat on the inside. Their only chance was to keep it REALLY close until the end.
    What?
    So as soon Kansas went up by 5 you decided the game was over.
    BS.
    This game was close until the end, and NDSU put up a helluva game.
    Kansas's offense didn't beat NDSU's defense at all, and if you think so then you really don't know much about Kansas.
    Kansas won this game with great defense in the second half, taking away NDSU's threes and forcing Woodside to take it himself.

    It was a great game on both sides, don't start with the stupid trash talk.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #46
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: NDSU Bison Basketball

    They were in it until that huge dunk by kansas.
    We're bringing purple back.

  7. #47
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: NDSU Bison Basketball

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    There is tons of time left. Two stops and its tied.
    I just knew once Kansas got up by 5 or more, NDSU couldn't do it. They had to pick their poison of letting Collins beat you or get beat on the inside. Their only chance was to keep it REALLY close until the end.
    What?
    So as soon Kansas went up by 5 you decided the game was over.
    BS.
    This game was close until the end, and NDSU put up a helluva game.
    Kansas's offense didn't beat NDSU's defense at all, and if you think so then you really don't know much about Kansas.
    Kansas won this game with great defense in the second half, taking away NDSU's threes and forcing Woodside to take it himself.

    It was a great game on both sides, don't start with the stupid trash talk.
    Stupid trash talk? All I said was once Kansas got up by 5, I knew NDSU wouldn't get the lead back. And did they? Nope. They weren't gonna go on a mini run scoring AND stopping Kansas so that's why they had to keep it really really close.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  8. #48
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NDSU Bison Basketball

    "Tad7" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    There is tons of time left. Two stops and its tied.
    I just knew once Kansas got up by 5 or more, NDSU couldn't do it. They had to pick their poison of letting Collins beat you or get beat on the inside. Their only chance was to keep it REALLY close until the end.
    What?
    So as soon Kansas went up by 5 you decided the game was over.
    BS.
    This game was close until the end, and NDSU put up a helluva game.
    Kansas's offense didn't beat NDSU's defense at all, and if you think so then you really don't know much about Kansas.
    Kansas won this game with great defense in the second half, taking away NDSU's threes and forcing Woodside to take it himself.

    It was a great game on both sides, don't start with the stupid trash talk.
    Stupid trash talk? All I said was once Kansas got up by 5, I knew NDSU wouldn't get the lead back. And did they? Nope. They weren't gonna go on a mini run scoring AND stopping Kansas so that's why they had to keep it really really close.
    They went on a 7-0 run and a 6-0 run in the second half.
    They had the game within 3 with 2 minutes left.
    Sounds to me like they could go on scoring runs while stopping Kansas, and they were in legitimate range all game.
    Saying that Kansas had it in the bag once they got a five point lead because you "knew" NDSU couldn't put together a run is ridiculous.


    Again, great game by both teams.
    NDSU gave them a great run for their money and had a legitimate shot, but after all was said and done Kansas was a better team and survived the upset.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. Official NDSU Thundering Herd Thread
    By ultravikingfan in forum College Ball
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 09:26 PM
  2. NDSU Thundering Hurd
    By ultravikingfan in forum College Ball
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 09:31 PM
  3. USA Basketball
    By PurplePride80 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 03:59 PM
  4. Wisconsin Vs. NDSU
    By purpleFavreEaters in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 10:48 PM
  5. USA Basketball
    By Bdubya in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 11:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •