Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Re: NDSU Bison Basketball

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    Hello PPO. Long time no see.

Sorry to break up the love fest for NDSU.
    Friday will not be pretty for the Bison.
    I hope that is exactly the kind of attitude the Kansas team has.
    While they are busy overlooking NDSU, NDSU is preparing for them...
    While it will take Kansas playing a poor game to have a chance, it won't be because they are overlooking the Bison.
    Bill Self is one of the best coaches in the country and his teams always come ready to play coming off of a loss.
    I'm not one of those people who thinks that a loss is ever a good thing, but good can come out of them.
    The Texas Tech debacle three games ago was a wake up call that showed these young kids that they can't overlook anybody.
    Coming off of a loss to an underachieving, albeit talented Baylor team, Self will have their attention solely on tomorrow's game.
    I just don't see how the Bison will contain Aldrich.
    If he gets in foul trouble, I'm confident the Morris twins will take control of the paint.

Having never watched a second of NDSU but looking at their stats, they will need to be hot from 3 to stay in the game.
    They seem capable of it but if not, it will get ugly real quick.
    Self's teams are always among the best defensive teams in terms of opponent shooting % in the country so it will be interesting to see if they can hit the deep ball.

I don't make many predictions but I see Kansas outrebounding them 2-1 and scoring in the paint at about a 3-1 advantage.
    Listen for the Rock Chalk Chant by about the 2 min mark.
    It will echo gloriously throughout the Dome.

[color=red]

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"MensaTice" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:

While it will take Kansas playing a poor game to have a chance, it won't be because they are overlooking the Bison.
    Bill Self is one of the best coaches in the country and his teams always come ready to play coming off of a loss.
    I'm not one of those people who thinks that a loss is ever a good thing, but good can come out of them.

The Texas Tech debacle three games ago was a wake up call that showed these young kids that they can't overlook anybody.
    Coming off of a loss to an underachieving, albeit talented Baylor team, Self will have their attention solely on tomorrow's game.
    If he gets in foul trouble, I'm confident the Morris twins will take control of the paint.

Having never watched a second of NDSU but looking at their stats, they will need to be hot from 3 to stay in the game.
    Self's teams are always among the best defensive teams in terms of opponent shooting % in the country so it will be interesting to see if they can hit the deep ball.

I don't make many predictions but I see Kansas outrebounding them 2-1 and scoring in the paint at about a 3-1 advantage.
    I hope Thundar kills Big Jay

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"MensaTice" wrote:

Hey!
    Look what the dead cat dragged in!

No repeat for KU, but they should whup up on NDSU.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"MensaTice" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:

After watching Kansas get upset twice in their past three games, you have to know that doubt has crept in to their players.
    I love Self, and I think he is a GREAT coach, which is why I bet he is telling his players that having a cocky attitude and expecting to roll NDSU is the last thing they want.
    Outrebounding 2-1 and outscoring 3-1 in the paint?
    Give me a break.
    Kansas obviously has a better chance to win, but it won't be nearly as easy as you seem to think it will be.

As for the chants, keep in mind that about 20,000 of the 31,000 seats in the metrodome are going to be filled bith Bison fans.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:

After watching Kansas get upset twice in their past three games, you have to know that doubt has crept in to their players.
    I love Self, and I think he is a GREAT coach, which is why I bet he is telling his players that having a cocky attitude and expecting to roll NDSU is the last thing they want.
    Give me a break.
    Kansas obviously has a better chance to win, but it won't be nearly as easy as you seem to think it will be.

As for the chants, keep in mind that about 20,000 of the 31,000 seats in the metrodome are going to be filled bith Bison fans.
    Had me confused there......

I love Self
    Then I said to myself, self, do a google......
    Bet that dude gets confused when he talks to himSelf..... ;D

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...=rivals-282602
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:

Give me a break.

I doubt any player in Kansas has any doubt about beating NDSU.
    Now if NDSU comes out and gets an early lead than maybe the doubts will enter their minds for a few seconds until they realize who the hell are these Bison anyways and what the hell are they doing in this game.

Kansas is about 3 steps up from any team NDSU has seen this year or ever.
    Celebrate making the appearance and enjoy the home court, but don't be surprised if this game is over by halftime.
    Its a great opportunity to gauge the strength of your team against a very accomplished program.

Not trying to rain to heavy on your parade, but the only decent program the Bison played that I can remember is Minnesota.
    The Bison lost that game and MN just got thrashed by Texas.
    Kansas is a better team than Texas.

But hey, anything can happen, especially in college basketball.
    Good luck to your Bison.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:

Give me a break.

Now if NDSU comes out and gets an early lead than maybe the doubts will enter their minds for a few seconds until they realize who the hell are these Bison anyways and what the hell are they doing in this game.

Celebrate making the appearance and enjoy the home court, but don't be surprised if this game is over by halftime.
    Its a great opportunity to gauge the strength of your team against a very accomplished program.

Not trying to rain to heavy on your parade, but the only decent program the Bison played that I can remember is Minnesota.

Good luck to your Bison.
    MN was the only decent program they faced this year.
    But the same squad - same starting 5 - also beat Marquette in their house the year before, and Wisconsin in Wisconsin the year before that.

Over by halftime?
    Not a chance.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=MensaTice link=topic=50943.msg924077#msg924077 date=1237435645]

Give me a break.

Good luck to your Bison.
    MN was the only decent program they faced this year.
    But the same squad - same starting 5 - also beat Marquette in their house the year before, and Wisconsin in Wisconsin the year before that.

Over by halftime?
    Not a chance.
    [/quote]

I would love to see the upset, they are the closest team to my home town and I have a lot of friends and family in the area.
    Did my undergrad at SDSU, so used to get beat up on all the time by the Bison.
    Good luck and hopefully its a stepping stone for this conference.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

This one's over. Good run though
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

There is tons of time left. Two stops and its tied.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast