Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Minnesota Gopher Basketball

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=49834.msg924549#msg924549 date=1237517833]
    [quote author=gregair13 link=topic=49834.msg924506#msg924506 date=1237512017]
    well there goes my bracket.
    Not mine!
    The "Pick against the Big10" strategy is working like a charm!
    How did it work for that Badger/FSU game, and Michigan State and Purdue and Michigan? gol 'darnit I am out of breath.

Well, since I have both Purdue, Wisconsin and Michigan State in the Sweet 16 and am leading the pool, I think it's working quite nicely, thank you very much.
    Ummm you said "The "Pick against the Big10" strategy is working like a charm!" How does that even make any sense then?

Who is leading?

Rank Bracket 1 2 3 4 Semis Finals Points Possible Pts
    1 marstc09 23 30 - - - North Carolina 53 181
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=50615.msg925367#msg925367
    You are!
    Well done!

Not to reveal too much (so that none of you mokes steal my strageties for next year) but the "Pick Against the Big-10" move is unlike the "Pick the Big East" where, generally speaking, picking random Big-10 teams to lose (see: Minnesota) and random Big East teams to win (see:
    Villanova) can be the difference between a top finish in these pools than a bottom-feeding finish.

Of course, that implies that I spent more than 5 minutes filling out any of the brackets that I've done.
    Which I didn't.
    Hence the need for all-encompassing strategies.
    [/quote]

Comeon.
    Are you seriously gonna say you didn't put any thought into your bracket?
    For some reason I see you spending countless hours on it once the teams were set.
    [/quote]

Yup.
    That's exactly what I'm saying.
    I zip through those selection interfaces in about 5 minutes each, only really slowing down to contemplate the tie-breaker score once I've picked my final two teams.

You are seemingly misinterpreting the posts I made for last year's competition.
    Forgetting that I feel it is part of the reigning champion's responsibility to drum up excitement for the current year's competition by pounding his chest and proclaiming - "I'm on top of the mountain...come knock me off!"

You'll notice how I haven't been doing any of that this year.
    I know how lousy I normally am in these things and am quite surprised to be hanging out near the top of all 3 pools I'm in this year.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=49834.msg925101#msg925101 date=1237662406]
    Not mine!
    How did it work for that Badger/FSU game, and Michigan State and Purdue and Michigan? gol 'darnit I am out of breath.

Well, since I have both Purdue, Wisconsin and Michigan State in the Sweet 16 and am leading the pool, I think it's working quite nicely, thank you very much.
    Ummm you said "The "Pick against the Big10" strategy is working like a charm!" How does that even make any sense then?

Who is leading?

You are!
    Well done!

Not to reveal too much (so that none of you mokes steal my strageties for next year) but the "Pick Against the Big-10" move is unlike the "Pick the Big East" where, generally speaking, picking random Big-10 teams to lose (see: Minnesota) and random Big East teams to win (see:
    Villanova) can be the difference between a top finish in these pools than a bottom-feeding finish.

Of course, that implies that I spent more than 5 minutes filling out any of the brackets that I've done.
    Which I didn't.
    [/quote]

Comeon.
    For some reason I see you spending countless hours on it once the teams were set.
    [/quote]

Yup.
    I zip through those selection interfaces in about 5 minutes each, only really slowing down to contemplate the tie-breaker score once I've picked my final two teams.

Forgetting that I feel it is part of the reigning champion's responsibility to drum up excitement for the current year's competition by pounding his chest and proclaiming - "I'm on top of the mountain...come knock me off!"
    I know how lousy I normally am in these things and am quite surprised to be hanging out near the top of all 3 pools I'm in this year.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    I see.
    So some yutz who got lucky and won it should try to convince everyone that he is the king and really knows what he is doing.

Nope, the current reigning champion isn't quite that dillusional.

Long story short, no skill necessary.
    Just alot of luck IMHO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=49834.msg925225#msg925225 date=1237725402]
    Not mine!

Who is leading?

You are!
    Well done!

Which I didn't.
    [/quote]

Comeon.
    [/quote]

Yup.

[/quote]

I see.
    So some yutz who got lucky and won it should try to convince everyone that he is the king and really knows what he is doing.

Just alot of luck IMHO.
    [/quote]

Yes.
    Some yutz who got lucky should try to drum up support for the new competition.

It's not about skill - it's about the trash-talking and making it fun.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=49834.msg925387#msg925387 date=1237770428]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=49834.msg925225#msg925225 date=1237725402]
    Not mine!

Who is leading?

You are!
    Well done!

Which I didn't.
    [/quote]

Comeon.
    [/quote]

Yup.

[/quote]

I see.

Just alot of luck IMHO.
    [/quote]

Yes.
    Some yutz who got lucky should try to drum up support for the new competition.

It's not about skill - it's about the trash-talking and making it fun.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    LOL, I am the biggest shit talker in the world.
    Lets go for a round of golf or play a game of horse.
    For the life of me though, talking crap about a bracket just doesn't equate.... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567