Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Minnesota Gopher Basketball

"thatjusthappened28" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Its a win-win game for me. Texas is the only other college team I really root for, since I have a ton of relatives that are from Texas and of course die hard Horns fan. Already had a few calls with a few friendly bets.

What I can say is that this is a very good match-up for the Gophers. Despite TX being big for BB. The Longhorns are a team that is not as good as their record indicates. Solid team yes but if we show up for the whole game. Texas is a very beatable team.
    GO GOPHS! but sorry they're run won't be long. If/when they beat Texas... Duke dominates. OKLAHOMA'S TAKIN IT HOME BABY!!!!
    Them fighting words to the people I know ;D

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

"Garland" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Its a win-win game for me. Texas is the only other college team I really root for, since I have a ton of relatives that are from Texas and of course die hard Horns fan. Already had a few calls with a few friendly bets.

What I can say is that this is a very good match-up for the Gophers. Despite TX being big for BB. The Longhorns are a team that is not as good as their record indicates. Solid team yes but if we show up for the whole game. Texas is a very beatable team.
    GO GOPHS! but sorry they're run won't be long. If/when they beat Texas... Duke dominates. OKLAHOMA'S TAKIN IT HOME BABY!!!!
    haha sorry... I'm originally from Oklahoma, now live in MN and love both... but OK is actually real good this year and i always cheer for them. I want MN to win but Duke is just real good this year. I have them in the final four... losing to Oklahoma.

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I don't see them getting past the second round this year, unfortunately. They're good enough to beat Texas, but not a team like Duke. Although they DID beat #1 seed Louisville on a neutral court earlier this year, so I guess you never know. Their defense and their depth are their strong points. I wish them well, of course, and I'll be rooting for them, of course!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

"Garland" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

haha sorry... I'm originally from Oklahoma, now live in MN and love both... but OK is actually real good this year and i always cheer for them. I want MN to win but Duke is just real good this year. I have them in the final four... losing to Oklahoma.
    Yeah i hear ya, Having to face Duke is going to be hard. Kind of like the winner of the play in Game. Like Lambs for teh slaughter.

"shockzilla" wrote:
    I don't see them getting past the second round this year, unfortunately. They're good enough to beat Texas, but not a team like Duke. Although they DID beat #1 seed Louisville on a neutral court earlier this year, so I guess you never know. Their defense and their depth are their strong points. I wish them well, of course, and I'll be rooting for them, of course!
    Depends what team shows up shock. We have seen this team play well. Louisville is a great example, and they were able to hang with alot of teams but have killed themselves. But they are also a young team,
    especially with playing together. I think they did better than most people thought they would. But I really expected next year after a year of playing more together, and having a true leader step up for the team that next year they would make soem noise, and make a legit run in the tourney.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

That's the thing - which team is going to show up? I have to admit I'm surprised they made it. I guess they showed enough early in the season. I think the Big Ten was underrated this season - what was it, 6 teams with at least 20 wins this year? That's pretty good for ANY conference.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

"shockzilla" wrote:
    That's the thing - which team is going to show up? I have to admit I'm surprised they made it. I guess they showed enough early in the season. I think the Big Ten was underrated this season - what was it, 6 teams with at least 20 wins this year? That's pretty good for ANY conference.
    I knew they were in the minute I saw that Wisconsin was in. Plus beating the #1 seed early in the season on a neutral court only helped them.

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

"Garland" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:
    I knew they were in the minute I saw that Wisconsin was in. Plus beating the #1 seed early in the season on a neutral court only helped them.
    and my boy Tubby Smith!

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

They are going all the way
    We're bringing purple back.

aceclown is offline Coach

I'm going to be a bit of a pessimist here and say they get knocked out in the first round.
    I've tried to watch as many games as possible this season, and IMO the downfall of this team is their hesitant rut they often fall into offensively.
    Their lack of players who can penetrate and attack the basket has been killing them, which often makes their offense look like it's trying not to mess up rather than create their own opportunities.

I wouldn't say I'd be surprised if they beat Texas, just that I'm not expecting them to.
    However, next year is looking very promising.
    They signed two top-100 recruits as well as highly rated point guard.
    Add that to the fact that Tubby will have had "his" guys for another season, I could see this team easily staying in the top-25 for the majority of the season, possibly even cracking the top-10.
    But as of right now they just aren't clicking consistently so IDK, hopefully they can pull it off against Texas but I kind of doubt it.

Chuch.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast