Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
  1. #21
    GreenBaySlackers's Avatar
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: LSU Still 1 - Kansas 2 in BCS

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    Kansas beats mizzou.
    Kansas Loses to Oklahoma.
    Ohio State vs West Virginia for the National Championship
    West Virgina plays a tough game with UConn. They could lose. The Kansas/Missouri game will be for the BCS title and I think you are right, the winner will play Ohio State.
    Oh wow... what if WV loses and KU loses to Mizzou, then Mizzou loses to Oklahoma...
    since Arizona State lost to USC does that leave OSU vs UGA?
    Wow...

  2. #22
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: LSU Still 1 - Kansas 2 in BCS

    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    Kansas beats mizzou.
    Kansas Loses to Oklahoma.
    Ohio State vs West Virginia for the National Championship
    West Virgina plays a tough game with UConn. They could lose. The Kansas/Missouri game will be for the BCS title and I think you are right, the winner will play Ohio State.
    Oh wow... what if WV loses and KU loses to Mizzou, then Mizzou loses to Oklahoma...
    since Arizona State lost to USC does that leave OSU vs UGA?
    Wow...
    Personally, I think Georgia is the best team in college football right now.
    And don't forget Hawaii -- They are also unbeaten and play Boise State tonight. It should be another great game. What a weekend of college football.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  3. #23
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: LSU Still 1 - Kansas 2 in BCS

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    LSU loses to Razorbacks -- No longer #1
    50-48 in three overtimes
    Cajun is P.O'ed
    Cajun and I are crying together after that one...


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  4. #24
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: LSU Still 1 - Kansas 2 in BCS

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=39825.msg677874#msg677874 date=1195718509]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=39825.msg677820#msg677820 date=1195700625]
    [quote author=V link=topic=39825.msg677718#msg677718 date=1195689009]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=39825.msg677171#msg677171 date=1195607097]
    [quote author=V link=topic=39825.msg677158#msg677158 date=1195605674]
    Kansas deserves #2. They are an undefeated team in a marquee conference. Enough said.
    They have not even played Texas or Oklahoma!

    Marquee Conference?

    So your telling me Baylor, Colorado, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State are marquee teams? PLEASE!!!!!!
    :

    Enough said.

    The Big 12 is a marquee conference. If not, then what is?

    Are Iowa, Indiana, Michigan State, Purdue, Northwestern, Iowa, and Minnesota marquee teams?
    You could make a better argument for Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Missippi State, and Arkansas, but all of those teams have at least 4 losses.

    You, like most college football fans out there, are basing this all on what has happened over the past years. Fact is, THIS YEAR, Kansas is better than Ohio State, USC, Florida, Oklahoma etc... they fully deserve the ranking they have.

    Sure, they might lose to Missouri, but the fact you are using Missouri as a measuring stick is ridiculous by itself.
    SEC: 5 ranked teams. Need I say more.

    Don't get me wrong the Big 12 is a good conference but not much better than the Big 10. They have five teams at 8-4 or better and so does the Big 10. The whole Big 10 is at .500 or above except Minnesota. The Big 12 only has 7 out of 12. They have four ranked teams and the Big 10 has 3. Not really seeing your point of view but that is ok. It is your opinion.

    My point of view is simple. If an undefeated Ohio State was ranked #1, then an undefeated Kansas should be ranked #2. That simple. How you don't agree with that puzzles me.
    The BCS rankings have a lot more involve than just wins and losses!
    : Why is Hawaii not in the top 5?
    : Your point of view makes no sense and IMO is wrong.
    [/quote]

    The BCS rankings involve more than wins and losses, like the fact the Kansas has crushed almost every team they've played. We're talking complete blowouts, and total domination.

    Hawaii does not play in a major conference, which has been my whole point all along.

    An undefeated team in a major conference, no matter which team it is, is always going to be ranked high. You honestly don't agree with that? I'll aceept that I'm wrong if you can name an 11-0 team from the Big 12, SEC, Big Ten, or PaC-10, that wasn't in the top 5, going back to the inception of the BCS of
    course.

    On October 20th, Ohio State was 8-0. Their only win against a ranked opponent was Purdue. What were they ranked? #1!
    How is Kansas any different?
    [/quote]

    Did I say Ohio State was different? People please stop with the assumptions.

    If they are a true #2 team then they should be blowing them out. They played Central Michigan, Southeastern Louisiana, Toledo, Florida International, Kansas State, Baylor, Colorado, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State. WOW!
    That is impressive. Overall opponents records 47-75. Yes that is definitly a #2 team in the country.
    : Lets just look at LSU who is #1. They have played 6 ranked teams compared to the big fat 0. They have a compined opponent record of 66-56. That is a large difference between #1 and #2. Man that is a BCS Championship I want to see.
    :

    You will see my point after saturday night.
    [/quote]

    Sheesh. I never said that I want to see an LSU vs. Kansas in the BCS Championship. Nor did I say Kansas was actually good. There is a strong possibility they lose to Missouri.

    All I said was that an undefeated team in a major conference is going to be ranked high, whether you agree with it or not. If Missouri beats Kansas, they are going to move to #2, and you are probably going to have the exact same gripes. You need to accept the fact that these teams deserve to be ranked high, and will aways be ranked high.

    I have always seen, and agreed with your point, which is that Kansas is overrated. However, right now, they deserve the #2 ranking. If they lose tommorow, things will obviously change.

    Hopefully, someone will beat LSU, because them playing in the Sugar Bowl for the championship is really unfair.
    [/quote]

    I agree they should be ranked high but not #2. Your also right that I do not believe Missouri should be #2 if they beat Kansas. IMO USC should be ranked higher. I have a feeling the Championship is going to be a blowout.

    How is LSU playing in the championship unfair?
    [/quote]

    The Sugar Bowl is in New Orleans, home-field advantage. It might not matter now though!
    I agree USC should be ranked higher, and will see a big jump after beating ASU. More importantly, the winner of Kanas vs. Missouri is going to be ranked #1! I love it, but you must hate it.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  5. #25
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: LSU Still 1 - Kansas 2 in BCS

    "V" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=39825.msg677985#msg677985 date=1195751026]
    [quote author=V link=topic=39825.msg677874#msg677874 date=1195718509]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=39825.msg677820#msg677820 date=1195700625]
    [quote author=V link=topic=39825.msg677718#msg677718 date=1195689009]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=39825.msg677171#msg677171 date=1195607097]
    [quote author=V link=topic=39825.msg677158#msg677158 date=1195605674]
    Kansas deserves #2. They are an undefeated team in a marquee conference. Enough said.
    They have not even played Texas or Oklahoma!

    Marquee Conference?

    So your telling me Baylor, Colorado, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State are marquee teams? PLEASE!!!!!!
    :

    Enough said.

    The Big 12 is a marquee conference. If not, then what is?

    Are Iowa, Indiana, Michigan State, Purdue, Northwestern, Iowa, and Minnesota marquee teams?
    You could make a better argument for Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Missippi State, and Arkansas, but all of those teams have at least 4 losses.

    You, like most college football fans out there, are basing this all on what has happened over the past years. Fact is, THIS YEAR, Kansas is better than Ohio State, USC, Florida, Oklahoma etc... they fully deserve the ranking they have.

    Sure, they might lose to Missouri, but the fact you are using Missouri as a measuring stick is ridiculous by itself.
    SEC: 5 ranked teams. Need I say more.

    Don't get me wrong the Big 12 is a good conference but not much better than the Big 10. They have five teams at 8-4 or better and so does the Big 10. The whole Big 10 is at .500 or above except Minnesota. The Big 12 only has 7 out of 12. They have four ranked teams and the Big 10 has 3. Not really seeing your point of view but that is ok. It is your opinion.

    My point of view is simple. If an undefeated Ohio State was ranked #1, then an undefeated Kansas should be ranked #2. That simple. How you don't agree with that puzzles me.
    The BCS rankings have a lot more involve than just wins and losses!
    : Why is Hawaii not in the top 5?
    : Your point of view makes no sense and IMO is wrong.
    [/quote]

    The BCS rankings involve more than wins and losses, like the fact the Kansas has crushed almost every team they've played. We're talking complete blowouts, and total domination.

    Hawaii does not play in a major conference, which has been my whole point all along.

    An undefeated team in a major conference, no matter which team it is, is always going to be ranked high. You honestly don't agree with that? I'll aceept that I'm wrong if you can name an 11-0 team from the Big 12, SEC, Big Ten, or PaC-10, that wasn't in the top 5, going back to the inception of the BCS of
    course.

    On October 20th, Ohio State was 8-0. Their only win against a ranked opponent was Purdue. What were they ranked? #1!
    How is Kansas any different?
    [/quote]

    Did I say Ohio State was different? People please stop with the assumptions.

    If they are a true #2 team then they should be blowing them out. They played Central Michigan, Southeastern Louisiana, Toledo, Florida International, Kansas State, Baylor, Colorado, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State. WOW!
    That is impressive. Overall opponents records 47-75. Yes that is definitly a #2 team in the country.
    : Lets just look at LSU who is #1. They have played 6 ranked teams compared to the big fat 0. They have a compined opponent record of 66-56. That is a large difference between #1 and #2. Man that is a BCS Championship I want to see.
    :

    You will see my point after saturday night.
    [/quote]

    Sheesh. I never said that I want to see an LSU vs. Kansas in the BCS Championship. Nor did I say Kansas was actually good. There is a strong possibility they lose to Missouri.

    All I said was that an undefeated team in a major conference is going to be ranked high, whether you agree with it or not. If Missouri beats Kansas, they are going to move to #2, and you are probably going to have the exact same gripes. You need to accept the fact that these teams deserve to be ranked high, and will aways be ranked high.

    I have always seen, and agreed with your point, which is that Kansas is overrated. However, right now, they deserve the #2 ranking. If they lose tommorow, things will obviously change.

    Hopefully, someone will beat LSU, because them playing in the Sugar Bowl for the championship is really unfair.
    [/quote]

    I agree they should be ranked high but not #2. Your also right that I do not believe Missouri should be #2 if they beat Kansas. IMO USC should be ranked higher. I have a feeling the Championship is going to be a blowout.

    How is LSU playing in the championship unfair?
    [/quote]

    The Sugar Bowl is in New Orleans, home-field advantage. It might not matter now though!
    I agree USC should be ranked higher, and will see a big jump after beating ASU. More importantly, the winner of Kanas vs. Missouri is going to be ranked #1! I love it, but you must hate it.
    [/quote]

    So Hawaii is undefeated. I know the play a cake schedule but they just beat Boise State shouldn't they play Kansas in the National Championship if Kansas beats Missouri? I am not trying to be an ass, I just wanted to hear what you think about this.

  6. #26
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: LSU Still 1 - Kansas 2 in BCS

    Now you are just making me repeat myself.

    "V" wrote:
    The BCS rankings involve more than wins and losses, like the fact the Kansas has crushed almost every team they've played. We're talking complete blowouts, and total domination.

    Hawaii does not play in a major conference, which has been my whole point all along.

    An undefeated team in a major conference, no matter which team it is, is always going to be ranked high. You honestly don't agree with that? I'll aceept that I'm wrong if you can name an 11-0 team from the Big 12, SEC, Big Ten, or PaC-10, that wasn't in the top 5, going back to the inception of the BCS of
    course.

    On October 20th, Ohio State was 8-0. Their only win against a ranked opponent was Purdue. What were they ranked? #1!
    How is Kansas any different?
    That being said, Hawaii should jump into the top ten with their most recent win, just as Missouri should leap frog West Virginia if they beat Kansas.

    I went to Vanderbilt. We get our asses handed to us year in and year out, but we also take pride in knowing that if we actually have a great year, it will be meaningful. It would mean a high ranking, and national championship implications, because we play in the SEC. The potential to do that is so much better than winning a WAC title every year.

    Kansas is having that great season. They deserve to be treated like Texas or Oklahoma would be treated if they were undefeated.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #27
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: LSU Still 1 - Kansas 2 in BCS

    "V" wrote:
    Now you are just making me repeat myself.

    "V" wrote:
    The BCS rankings involve more than wins and losses, like the fact the Kansas has crushed almost every team they've played. We're talking complete blowouts, and total domination.

    Hawaii does not play in a major conference, which has been my whole point all along.

    An undefeated team in a major conference, no matter which team it is, is always going to be ranked high. You honestly don't agree with that? I'll aceept that I'm wrong if you can name an 11-0 team from the Big 12, SEC, Big Ten, or PaC-10, that wasn't in the top 5, going back to the inception of the BCS of
    course.

    On October 20th, Ohio State was 8-0. Their only win against a ranked opponent was Purdue. What were they ranked? #1!
    How is Kansas any different?
    That being said, Hawaii should jump into the top ten with their most recent win, just as Missouri should leap frog West Virginia if they beat Kansas.

    I went to Vanderbilt. We get our asses handed to us year in and year out, but we also take pride in knowing that if we actually have a great year, it will be meaningful. It would mean a high ranking, and national championship implications, because we play in the SEC. The potential to do that is so much better than winning a WAC title every year.

    Kansas is having that great season. They deserve to be treated like Texas or Oklahoma would be treated if they were undefeated.
    Wait a minute now. Hawaii has beat a ranked team! Kansas has not! Who cares what conference they play in. You are discriminating against a team in a up and coming conference because they are not labeled as major conference. That reasoning you have as well as the poll people is the reason why college needs to have a playoff system. It is not right. Hawaii deserves a right to have a shot at the title.

  8. #28
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: LSU Still 1 - Kansas 2 in BCS

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Now you are just making me repeat myself.

    "V" wrote:
    The BCS rankings involve more than wins and losses, like the fact the Kansas has crushed almost every team they've played. We're talking complete blowouts, and total domination.

    Hawaii does not play in a major conference, which has been my whole point all along.

    An undefeated team in a major conference, no matter which team it is, is always going to be ranked high. You honestly don't agree with that? I'll aceept that I'm wrong if you can name an 11-0 team from the Big 12, SEC, Big Ten, or PaC-10, that wasn't in the top 5, going back to the inception of the BCS of
    course.

    On October 20th, Ohio State was 8-0. Their only win against a ranked opponent was Purdue. What were they ranked? #1!
    How is Kansas any different?
    That being said, Hawaii should jump into the top ten with their most recent win, just as Missouri should leap frog West Virginia if they beat Kansas.

    I went to Vanderbilt. We get our asses handed to us year in and year out, but we also take pride in knowing that if we actually have a great year, it will be meaningful. It would mean a high ranking, and national championship implications, because we play in the SEC. The potential to do that is so much better than winning a WAC title every year.

    Kansas is having that great season. They deserve to be treated like Texas or Oklahoma would be treated if they were undefeated.
    Wait a minute now. Hawaii has beat a ranked team! Kansas has not! Who cares what conference they play in. You are discriminating against a team in a up and coming conference because they are not labeled as major conference. That reasoning you have as well as the poll people is the reason why college needs to have a playoff system. It is not right. Hawaii deserves a right to have a shot at the title.
    For the record, Kansas has beaten a ranked team, KState was ranked #24 when Kansas beat them.

    Otherwise, I totally agree with you man. There is definetly discrimination towards major conferences. The BCS does care what conference they play in, and college football definetly needs a playoff system. I never said I agree with how the BCS works. I only said, given how the BCS works, Kansas is properly ranked.

    Hawaii deserves a shot at the title, in a playoff system, but not in the current BCS. If Kansas goes on to beat Missouri and Oklahoma (which we both agree probably won't happen) they definetly should be ranked #1 and deserve their title shot.

    If there was a playoff system, how would you do it? How many teams? 8? 16? Would you just pick the top ranked teams, or would you pick conference champions, with some at-large bids as well/ If all conference champs went to the playoffs, that is 11 teams, then you would have 5 at large bids.

    What I'm saying is an 8 team playoff is in many ways just as unfair as the BCS is. There would still be conference favoritism, and if you are the second best team in your conference, too bad.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  9. #29
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: LSU Still 1 - Kansas 2 in BCS

    "V" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Now you are just making me repeat myself.

    "V" wrote:
    The BCS rankings involve more than wins and losses, like the fact the Kansas has crushed almost every team they've played. We're talking complete blowouts, and total domination.

    Hawaii does not play in a major conference, which has been my whole point all along.

    An undefeated team in a major conference, no matter which team it is, is always going to be ranked high. You honestly don't agree with that? I'll aceept that I'm wrong if you can name an 11-0 team from the Big 12, SEC, Big Ten, or PaC-10, that wasn't in the top 5, going back to the inception of the BCS of
    course.

    On October 20th, Ohio State was 8-0. Their only win against a ranked opponent was Purdue. What were they ranked? #1!
    How is Kansas any different?
    That being said, Hawaii should jump into the top ten with their most recent win, just as Missouri should leap frog West Virginia if they beat Kansas.

    I went to Vanderbilt. We get our asses handed to us year in and year out, but we also take pride in knowing that if we actually have a great year, it will be meaningful. It would mean a high ranking, and national championship implications, because we play in the SEC. The potential to do that is so much better than winning a WAC title every year.

    Kansas is having that great season. They deserve to be treated like Texas or Oklahoma would be treated if they were undefeated.
    Wait a minute now. Hawaii has beat a ranked team! Kansas has not! Who cares what conference they play in. You are discriminating against a team in a up and coming conference because they are not labeled as major conference. That reasoning you have as well as the poll people is the reason why college needs to have a playoff system. It is not right. Hawaii deserves a right to have a shot at the title.
    For the record, Kansas has beaten a ranked team, KState was ranked #24 when Kansas beat them.

    Otherwise, I totally agree with you man. There is definetly discrimination towards major conferences. The BCS does care what conference they play in, and college football definetly needs a playoff system. I never said I agree with how the BCS works. I only said, given how the BCS works, Kansas is properly ranked.

    Hawaii deserves a shot at the title, in a playoff system, but not in the current BCS. If Kansas goes on to beat Missouri and Oklahoma (which we both agree probably won't happen) they definetly should be ranked #1 and deserve their title shot.

    If there was a playoff system, how would you do it? How many teams? 8? 16? Would you just pick the top ranked teams, or would you pick conference champions, with some at-large bids as well/ If all conference champs went to the playoffs, that is 11 teams, then you would have 5 at large bids.

    What I'm saying is an 8 team playoff is in many ways just as unfair as the BCS is. There would still be conference favoritism, and if you are the second best team in your conference, too bad.
    Kansas State is 5-6 now and well not a very good football team.
    What does it matter that they WERE ranked. They are not ranked now and not even close to being a ranked team.

    As far as a playoff system I would go with a 32 team playoff. 22 Champs and runner ups. 10 at large bids. This would make the season as long as the NFL and more exciting IMO. This would get me more interested in college football and a true National Champion. But even more important conferences being treated the same.

  10. #30
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: LSU Still 1 - Kansas 2 in BCS


    Well, UConn just got thumped by WV.
    I had a feeling they would be.
    But I won't let this game take away from the fine season they had, and only makes me believe that not to far in the future, Uconn Football will be looked at as Uconn Basketball does...



    We should go to a fairly decent Bowl Game also this year.....



    Congrats to Randy Edsell and the Huskie Gang for a nice year......


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. anyone know where to eat in kansas city?
    By marshallvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 05:46 PM
  2. Vikings fan in Kansas
    By vikestwinswild in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
  3. Kansas tornado pictures
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 10:47 PM
  4. any vikes fans in kansas?
    By jough in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 01:10 PM
  5. The Wizard of Az not in Kansas any more!
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-18-2005, 07:49 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •