Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Kevin Rogers Named Offensive Coordinator at Boston

Kevin Rogers Named Offensive Coordinator at Boston College
    Good for him. I, for one, would have loved to see what he could have done as the signal caller for the Vikes.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kevin Rogers Named Offensive Coordinator at Boston

Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1090044
    Not me.
    Why not?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090082
    Not me.
    Why not?
    I think that is pretty obvious. He was FIRED from his position as a QB coach. Rodgers should be held accountable for the inability of Tarvaris Jackson to develop into a consistent quarterback. This guys should never have been hired. He was responsible for Marcus Vick. LOL! He has no experience in the big league as an OC. He was passed up in Chicago and now has to return to college where he belongs. Hell I am not even sure he belongs there.

Musgrave has extensive NFL experience and is more qualified for the job. The staff made the right choice. Musgrave has been responsible for Matt Ryan. Enough said.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1090306
    Not me.
    Why not?
    I think that is pretty obvious. He was FIRED from his position as a QB coach. Rodgers should be held accountable for the inability of Tarvaris Jackson to develop into a consistent quarterback. This guys should never have been hired. He was responsible for Marcus Vick. LOL! He has no experience in the big league as an OC. He was passed up in Chicago and now has to return to college where he belongs. Hell I am not even sure he belongs there.

Musgrave has extensive NFL experience and is more qualified for the job. The staff made the right choice. Musgrave has been responsible for Matt Ryan. Enough said.
    Musgrave scares me though. If I remember correctly, he has not done the job anywhere he has had a chance as an OC has he?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1090545
    Not me.
    Why not?

Musgrave scares me though. If I remember correctly, he has not done the job anywhere he has had a chance as an OC has he?
    Hey Marsh, what do they always say, "Don't bring reality into this discussion".....LOL

Besides, unless some cat has 5 bazillion years in the NFL, our good friend Mars doesn't consider him proven.

One could almost contend that Boston College coaching could be just as responsible for Matt Ryan as Musgrove is if you follow Mars train of thought that Rogers only claim to fame is Vick.

In the end, most people around these here parts think he did wonders with the QB's that he had to work with at VT, especially since most of them weren't really very good at the position before they got there but were just great athletes that played QB cause they were great athletes.

Not me.
    Why not?

Have you seen how many times Musgrove has been fired? WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090604
    Not me.
    Why not?

and Atlanta recently promoted him..................I will stick with recent history instead of past. WOW.

He was only released once. Anything else Marrdro. Probably should have researched that before the comment. WOW.

Immediately after being released as a player, Musgrave joined the Oakland Raiders as a quarterbacks coach for 1997. 1998 placed him with the Philadelphia Eagles, where he was quarterbacks coach under Ray Rhodes, another former 49er assistant. Toward the end of the year, Musgrave was calling plays instead of offensive coordinator Dana Bible. In 1999, Musgrave left to be the quarterbacks coach under George Seifert with the Carolina Panthers, in an arrangement that saw he and Seifert having a heavy hand in calling the plays over offensive coordinator Gil Haskell. Upon Haskell's departure to Seattle, Musgrave was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2000.
    Having enjoyed a favorable relationship with Seifert, doing gameplanning, and helping call plays was a major plus for Musgrave, and a reason the team chose him to replace Haskell, who had been a holdover from a previous staff. However, as an inexperienced coordinator, Musgrave had faltered at times, been criticized in the media for choices in playcalling, and was at one point rumored to have been yelled at by Seifert in front of the team. Musgrave resigned from the position after four games.
    Musgrave accepted the position of offensive coordinator under Al Groh at the University of Virginia in 2001-2002, tutoring Matt Schaub to school records. Musgrave left to be the offensive coordinator for the Jacksonville Jaguars (2003-04), and was released from that position. Since, Musgrave has held the quarterbacks coach position for the Washington Redskins (2005) and Atlanta Falcons (2006-2009).
    In 2010, Bill Musgrave was promoted to Assistant Head Coach/Quarterbacks coach of the Atlanta Falcons.
    In January 2011, Musgrave was hired by the Minnesota Vikings to the position of offensive coordinator.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Musgrave

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1090655
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090604
    Not me.
    Why not?

and Atlanta recently promoted him..................I will stick with recent history instead of past. WOW.
    OK then.