COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

A guy to really keep an eye on!

Michael Crabtree is from Teaxs Tech. He's a WR. He is 6' 3" and weighs 208. He had 134 receptions, 1962 yards, and 22 touchdowns last year in only 13 games. His stats are mind boggling. He had 134 receptions, 1962 yards, and 22 touchdowns in his freshman year.
    I like to think I watch a lot of college football but I have never seen a guy like this. He is the most "fluid" player with the best hands I've ever seen. Moss had tremendous hands, but Crabtree looks like he could catch a ball full speed with an egg in his palm and not even begin to crack the egg. He's so good I think the Vikes should draft him as a freshman and then wait until he's a junior to get him. Is that even legal by NFL rules?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: A guy to really keep an eye on!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Michael Crabtree is from Teaxs Tech. He's a WR. He is 6' 3" and weighs 208. He had 134 receptions, 1962 yards, and 22 touchdowns last year in only 13 games. His stats are mind boggling. He had 134 receptions, 1962 yards, and 22 touchdowns in his freshman year.
    I like to think I watch a lot of college football but I have never seen a guy like this. He is the most "fluid" player with the best hands I've ever seen. Moss had tremendous hands, but Crabtree looks like he could catch a ball full speed with an egg in his palm and not even begin to crack the egg. He's so good I think the Vikes should draft him as a freshman and then wait until he's a junior to get him. Is that even legal by NFL rules?
    No, it is not legal in the NFL, unlike the NHL.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

You also need to realize he did that in his first year of playing.

I am still trying to figure out why he would have redshirted last year.... anybody know?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

You also have to take into consideration that Texas Tech is purely a passing team and has been so for awhile.

Their 700+ pass attempts in #1 in college.
    Not to take away anything from this player, but when the ball is aired out that many times somebody is going to have big numbers.
    If you look at some of the college records, you will see that most of these players amounted to nothing in the NFL, if they even made it.

http://www.ncaa.org/library/records/football/football_records_book/2007/2007_d1_football_records_book.pdf

As for college, players whose high school class graduate three or more years before are eligible to play in the NFL.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Add Dominique Rodgers Cromartie to that watch list, with all the good DB's at the senior bowl he out-shined them all.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Another kid really under the radar is Josh Johnson, QB .. San Diego.

http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/johnson_josh00.html

More I see of this kid, the more I am convinced that he is a world of talent that will keep getting better. Arm Strength, accuracy and good decision making.. I truly hope he slides into a late first day or even second day pick and he makes his way to the Green Bay draft board.. needs to bulk up a little and needs a little grooming in the jump..

Yes a division I-AA kid.. but don't let that fool you.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

seems like a pretty huimble kid

[youtube=425,350]rcKfVdJSAx0&feature=related[/youtube]

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Add Dominique Rodgers Cromartie to that watch list, with all the good DB's at the senior bowl he out-shined them all.
    I agree...he had a great senior bowl, definately keep an eye on him.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Yep, sky is the limit for this kid.
    As a 'Husker fan, I was quite pleased we didn't play Texas Tech in '07.
    This kid can flat out play.
    He is a dynamic talent, for sure.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know