Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 79
  1. #41
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Gophers ranked in top 25

    "V4L" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Let's be honest... if Minnesota plays anyone substantial, they'll get destroyed.

    OSU, the Gophers 1 loss, has gotten beaten down twice by better teams. If we play someone the likes of Penn State or USC, we're done.

    I'm rooting for them, but they haven't really proved anything yet.
    That is why I was saying before that they are ranked to high.

    Why?

    Because they would get blown out by the two best teams in the nation?

    Didn't every team that these two teams play get blown out?


    :
    NO! Whose jiggly butt did you pull that out of?
    :

    You did agree with C Mac D didn't you?
    :

    He did say that if we played a good team we would get smashed

    Who cares if they haven't played anyone great? Our record is good.. Not ranking them high would be like telling a team in the NFL they can't play in the playoffs becasue thier strength of schedule was weak
    I was pointing out that you were wrong saying the top 2 teams blew everyone out. It is not my problem that your lousy team will get smashed in a bowl game against a team like USC or Georgia. I don't feel like getting suck seeing a shitty bowl game. Hopefully it is not the only one on.

  2. #42
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Gophers ranked in top 25

    Gopher's schedule for the rest of the year:

    Northwestern at home - Homecoming.
    Michigan at home - Though they are a pain in our ass, this is not the Michigan that has thwarted us for years.
    Wisconsin on the road - scary, but again, Sconnie isn't great this year
    Iowa - at home.

    What if......


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  3. #43
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Gophers ranked in top 25

    What if...
    If Penn State keep winning out and plays in the BCS title game, and then the Gophers win out and OS loses, the Gophers could be Rose Bowl bound. It's almost to scary to even think about.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Gophers ranked in top 25

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    What if...
    If Penn State keep winning out and plays in the BCS title game, and then the Gophers sin out and OS loses, the Gophers could be Rose Bowl bound. It's almost to scary to even think about.
    that will be the day

  5. #45
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Gophers ranked in top 25

    They need to survive Northwestern first. What a great game this is right now.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ST. CLOUD MN
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Gophers ranked in top 25

    I only like the gophers because they are the only d-1 football school in the state. That being said,i watched the goper v. wildcats game today and alot of what i saw reminds me of the vikings. Especially the late int., although the vikes don't USUALLY give up a 48 yd. run back on the same play.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

    -I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

  7. #47
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Gophers ranked in top 25

    That loss on a fluke interception will knock the Gophers out of the top 25 IMHO. But it's not the end of the world for the U of M. The Gophers will still get a bowl game (abit not the Rose Bowl) and they may face an opponent that won't overwhelm them like USC would have. After such a disaster last year and a 7-2 record this year I can only see the Gophers getting better. They have the second youngest team in D1 and with another good recruiting class coming in next year, I see this team being in the thick of things for a few years.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  8. #48
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: Gophers ranked in top 25

    Even though they played like crap today, Minnesota still lost with 13 seconds to go.
    They are COMPLETELY different from the Vikings in that they have the leadership and poise to bounce back.
    Their lost to Ohio State was worse, yet they bounce back big with poise with a win against Indiana, and then go on the road to Illinois and Purdue to win.

    Weber had an off game..
    He was missing his targets by TONS today.
    Things will only go up from here, IMHO.

    Kudos to Northwestern.
    They are not the same Wildcats of recent history.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  9. #49
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gophers ranked in top 25

    "Formo" wrote:
    Even though they played like crap today, Minnesota still lost with 13 seconds to go.
    They are COMPLETELY different from the Vikings in that they have the leadership and poise to bounce back.
    Their lost to Ohio State was worse, yet they bounce back big with poise with a win against Indiana, and then go on the road to Illinois and Purdue to win.

    Weber had an off game..
    He was missing his targets by TONS today.
    Things will only go up from here, IMHO.

    Kudos to Northwestern.
    They are not the same Wildcats of recent history.
    I agree. I think the Gophers are certainly on the rise. Considering where the program has basically been for 40 years this is a refreshing team to watch even in defeat. I think Brewster has done alot to this team in the short time he has been here and his recruiting has been bringing in much better talent. Getting the new stadium will bring in more elite talent to the team.

  10. #50
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: Gophers ranked in top 25

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    Even though they played like crap today, Minnesota still lost with 13 seconds to go.
    They are COMPLETELY different from the Vikings in that they have the leadership and poise to bounce back.
    Their lost to Ohio State was worse, yet they bounce back big with poise with a win against Indiana, and then go on the road to Illinois and Purdue to win.

    Weber had an off game..
    He was missing his targets by TONS today.
    Things will only go up from here, IMHO.

    Kudos to Northwestern.
    They are not the same Wildcats of recent history.
    I agree. I think the Gophers are certainly on the rise. Considering where the program has basically been for 40 years this is a refreshing team to watch even in defeat. I think Brewster has done alot to this team in the short time he has been here and his recruiting has been bringing in much better talent. Getting the new stadium will bring in more elite talent to the team.
    +1million
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Culpepper Top Ranked for HOF
    By Webby in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 03:36 PM
  2. Highly ranked Kentucky Player Chooses Gophers
    By COJOMAY in forum College Ball
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 08:29 PM
  3. Brad Is Ranked 3rd
    By vikingbill50 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 03:31 PM
  4. Vikes WR/TE ranked 17
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-15-2006, 05:36 PM
  5. Vikings ranked #4
    By vikings_fan66 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 01:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •