Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Gopher Hockey starts tonight!

Is this thread just for college football or can we talk college hockey here also?

The Gophers drop the puck on the season tonight against Maine, the team they beat for the National Championship in 2002.

After having one of the best if not the best regular seasons in Gopher hockey history last year the team had a very disappointing post season and finished the year without a WHCA championship or a NCAA championship, and after losing Potulny, Kessell, Irmen and Chucko to the NHL leaves a big ? mark about this years team!
    The Gopher's are ranked 2nd to Wisconsin but have some unanswered question about who the leaders of the team will be and what kind of goal production the Gopher fans can expect!

The Gophers will be without their best goalie Briggs in nets tonight because of a 3 game suspension for violating team rules, but I am hopeful that sophomore goalie Frazee can live up to expectations after a troubled freshman year!
    He has had a change of attitude and has come into this season in much better shape dropping 20lbs and rededicating himself to excellence, he is the heir apparent to Brigss next season so lets hope he can have that turn around year and live up to expectations!

How the season goes is very up in the air, but I never doubt a Lucia lead Gopher's team!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Gopher Hockey starts tonight!

Hold on, the gophers won the WCHA last year! They didn't win the final five tournament, but they did win the conference season title.

I am pumped for another gopher season myself, but they did lose a lot and they are extremely young. Hopefully Briggs can stay out of trouble and lead us to a national title!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Is this thread just for college football or can we talk college hockey here also?

The Gophers drop the puck on the season tonight against Maine, the team they beat for the National Championship in 2002.

After having one of the best if not the best regular seasons in Gopher hockey history last year the team had a very disappointing post season and finished the year without a WHCA championship or a NCAA championship, and after losing Potulny, Kessell, Irmen and Chucko to the NHL leaves a big ? mark about this years team!
    The Gopher's are ranked 2nd to Wisconsin but have some unanswered question about who the leaders of the team will be and what kind of goal production the Gopher fans can expect!

The Gophers will be without their best goalie Briggs in nets tonight because of a 3 game suspension for violating team rules, but I am hopeful that sophomore goalie Frazee can live up to expectations after a troubled freshman year!
    He has had a change of attitude and has come into this season in much better shape dropping 20lbs and rededicating himself to excellence, he is the heir apparent to Brigss next season so lets hope he can have that turn around year and live up to expectations!

How the season goes is very up in the air, but I never doubt a Lucia lead Gopher's team!
    GO Sioux!!

It a young team again, hopefully johnson will stick around more than a year.
    They will be in the mix at the end of the year.
    They lost some players to the NHL last year but added 3 first round picks this year.
    WV are you sure you can say sioux in america anymore?
    ;D

Go Gophers!
    You republican whore!

"WVV" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

GO Sioux!!

YUCK! They blew it last year against the cheesedicks!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Hold on, the gophers won the WCHA last year! They didn't win the final five tournament, but they did win the conference season title.

I am pumped for another gopher season myself, but they did lose a lot and they are extremely young. Hopefully Briggs can stay out of trouble and lead us to a national title!

They won the regular season, but I guess you missed the part I wrote about them having one of the best regular seasons if not the best regular season in Gopher hockey history, but had a disappointing post season!

They won the regular season WCHA title, but did not win the WCHA championship because that goes to the team that wins the post season tournament.

The Gopher's lost to St. Cloud state.

Since losing their 1st game of the season against Maine 3 months ago the Gopher's have been unstoppable and are on a 22 game unbeaten streak!

Congrats to the guys in Maroon and gold and hope they can keep it up this week when they have to go to Wisconsin.

The unbeaten streak is over the Gopher's hockey team lost to the Wisconsin Badgers last night 2 to 1.

Hopefully we can start a new streak tonight and keep the season rolling along.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Was just about to start a Gopher hockey thread until I saw this, surprised I hadn't seen it before.
    Well at least Wisconsin didn't sweep us I hate Wisconsin!
    Too bad we couldn't keep the streak going but last night was a good game.
    Wish they could have scored at least one more goal but we still won.
    Gophers have to be my favorite team to watch right now with the Vikings season over and the Wild are doing ok, but the Gophs are always fun to watch!
    I'm going to try to get tickets for one more game this year but they are hard to come by.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Great start to the season so far for our boys! By far the class of college hockey! It is too bad that we had to finally lose and it was to the cheesedicks, but it couldn't have gone on forever. Personally I think our boys were tired having only 14 skaters in Mankato a couple of weeks ago and then all the guys that were playing in the junior tournament or whatever the heck it was, they were a little tired too. Oh well, hopefully we get back on track this weekend against Dever!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast