Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Flippen Gophers

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Flippen Gophers

Same old Gophers... Pretty pathetic. Following the same tired formula:

1) Play like crap, get behind.
    2) Make a comeback to make yourselves look good.
    3) Comeback falls short because of lousy, porous, prevent defense.
    4) Defend game as "One heck of a comeback - our boys really showed heart!"

Heart my ass... I'm disgusted already. This was a Bowling Green team who lost to Temple last year by 14 - a Temple team we beat 62-0.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

no pooh huh I frgot we both played Temple last year that game made me sick

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Same old Gophers... Pretty pathetic. Following the same tired formula:

1) Play like crap, get behind.
    2) Make a comeback to make yourselves look good.
    3) Comeback falls short because of lousy, porous, prevent defense.
    4) Defend game as "One heck of a comeback - our boys really showed heart!"

Heart my ass... I'm disgusted already. This was a Bowling Green team who lost to Temple last year by 14 - a Temple team we beat 62-0.
    I am taking the glass half full approach actually on tis one Shock. I liked what I saw from this team last night. This was a game that Under Mason would of lost easily huge
    put uinto that situation. Brewster made half time adjustments which is something that Mason was incapable of doing. They did show hart for the first time in I don't know how many seasons? 21 points down and figured out how to come back. That is unheard of for thsi team. He was able to get his team together and prove they could do something.
    We all know there will be growing pains thsi year they are learning a whole new system whidh will take time. and they have a huge weaknes in their secondary. But I ould take this Brewster who
    is keeping his team competitive than the one who stands there like a dear in the headlights like Mason.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

This was a Bowling Green team who lost to Temple lost year by 14 - a Temple team we beat 62-0.
    Sorry Shock, this WASN'T the Bowling Green Team that last to Temple last year. This is a pretty good team with a QB who is accurate and who moves the ball around to several different receivers. They play Michigan State next week and I'm betting they may "upset" the Spartans, too.
    I'll admit, Minnesota's pass defense looked like crap (kinds like the Vikings last year) while their defensive line looked stout. Minnesota will be OK though. They have one of the best defewnsive coordinators in college football and also one of the best offensive coaches. I'm still out on the head coach, though.

Minnesota should have won the game after a terrible first half. But here's what I think happened...they fought from behind and got the lead and wanted so hard to win their first game for their coach that just as at the beginning of the game they thought too much and tightened up. The last two minutes of the game was a repeat of the first half. Very unlike the first 28 minutes of the second half.
    Minnesota will not be championship caliber this year nor for probably a couple of years.
    But to say it was the "same old Gophers" you are way off base IMHO. This team just needs to get some confidence in themselves and they will be better than expected this year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234