Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Finally, everything I'm thinking in writing: Michigan got jobbed.

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    You bust on everyone's schedule but OSUs.

    CINCINNATI, NORTHERN ILLINOIS AND BOWLING GREEN - 3 of the 4 non-conference opponents this year for OSU

    INDIANA, ILLINOIS, NORTHWESTERN - the 3 bottom-feeders of the Big 10, all of whom OSU played.

    WISCONSIN, PURDUE - 2 of the top 5 teams in the Big 10 which OSU did NOT play.

    You need a better all-purpose comeback than to point out the schedule.
    Yes, OSU played Texas and yes, OSU played Michigan.
    So what?
    They patty-caked their way through 75% of the non-conference schedule and then didn't face all of the top teams in the Big 10, but, instead, feasted on the losers.

    =Z=
    Are you telling me you can honestly look at Wisconsins schedule and say with a straight face that Ohio States was not harder?
    I haven't looked at Wisconsin's schedule, so, no, I can't say that.
    But any time that a team other than OSU is brought up (ND & Wisconsin being the main ones), Ultra brings up "their crappy schedule".
    I was merely trying to point out that OSU didn't play a monster schedule this year, either.


    =Z=
    Well, next time look...then comment.
    Wisc had a crappy schedule.
    Did OSU have a tough one?
    No, I never said they did.
    All I said was ND's played as a military academy and Wisc DID have a crappy schedule.

    Hell, we played two #2's!

    Quit trying to dig with the freshman QB stuff.
    They were a good team regardless and we played at their stadium.
    I did look.
    I did comment.
    You didn't respond to that one.


    My point is still valid.
    Wisconsin and OSU had almost exactly the same schedule except for the Texas game.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #32
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Finally, everything I'm thinking in writing: Michigan got jobbed.

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Are you telling me you can honestly look at Wisconsins schedule and say with a straight face that Ohio States was not harder?
    Let's take a look, shall we?
    (And actually read this - I know Ultra won't, but I hope you will, Del).

    OSU -
    Home:
    NIU, Cincinnati, Penn State, Bowling Green, Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan
    Away:
    Texas, Iowa, Michigan State, Illinois, Northwestern

    Wisconsin -
    Home:
    Western Illinois, San Diego State, Northwestern, Minnesota, Illinois, Penn State, Buffalo
    Away:
    Bowling Green, Michigan, Indiana, Purdue, Iowa

    Common Opponents:
    Bowling Green, Penn State, Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, Northwestern
    Analysis:
    8 common opponents in a 12-game schedule.
    Both played Penn State and Minnesota at home (a wash) and Iowa on the road (wash).
    OSU got Illinois and NU on the road, while Wisconsin got them at home (+2 points to OSU).
    Wisconsin played Bowling Green in Cincinnati, while OSU got them at home (+.5 point to Wisconsin).
    Wisconsin played Michigan and Indiana on the road, while OSU (as we know) played at home (+2 points to Wisconsin).
    So - I give that a .5 advantage to Wisconsin.

    Uncommon Opponents:
    OSU: NIU(H), Texas(A), Cincinnati(H), Michigan State(A)
    Wisconsin:
    Western Illinois(H), SDSU(H), Purdue(A), Buffalo(H)
    Analysis:
    First, let's call NIU/Cincinnati vs. Western Illinois/SDSU a wash.
    Texas is, of course, a *VASTLY* superior team to Buffalo, so that's a +2 to OSU.
    On the other hand, Purdue is a better team than Michigan State and Wisconsin beat them by 21 points on the road.
    I call that +1 to Wisconsin.
    So - the final tally for uncommon opponents is +1 to OSU.

    Final Analysis:
    .5 to OSU.


    So, yes, OSU's was harder, barely.
    The visit to Texas (even though they were playing a freshman QB in his 2nd game) was a much sterner test than any of Wisconsin's non-conference opponents, that's for sure.
    However, the rest of OSU's schedule is one laugher after another, except for that 7-point victory over Illinois, the laughingstock of the Big-10.


    =Z=
    I like the point system, but I still don't buy it. Looking down the list of Wisconsins opponents there is hardly anyone noteworthy and the noteworthy teams they played they lost to.

    Texas alone on the road is more then enough IMO to declare they went about it a rougher way. Especially when you look at Wisconsins and your trying to say Purdue is good just to get them -.5 overall.

    I will say this about Purdue though, they have no issues going against good teams, I would hold their scheduel up against either Wisconsin or Ohio St.


  3. #33
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Finally, everything I'm thinking in writing: Michigan got jobbed.

    "Del" wrote:
    I like the point system, but I still don't buy it. Looking down the list of Wisconsins opponents there is hardly anyone noteworthy and the noteworthy teams they played they lost to.

    Texas alone on the road is more then enough IMO to declare they went about it a rougher way. Especially when you look at Wisconsins and your trying to say Purdue is good just to get them -.5 overall.

    I will say this about Purdue though, they have no issues going against good teams, I would hold their scheduel up against either Wisconsin or Ohio St.
    Purdue was a top-5 team in the Big-10 this year.
    To go into their place and win by 21 is impressive.
    Texas didn't even make the Big-12 championship game.

    Yes, OSU's schedule has some tough games.
    But there's *plenty* of easy W's on it, as well.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #34
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Finally, everything I'm thinking in writing: Michigan got jobbed.

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I like the point system, but I still don't buy it. Looking down the list of Wisconsins opponents there is hardly anyone noteworthy and the noteworthy teams they played they lost to.

    Texas alone on the road is more then enough IMO to declare they went about it a rougher way. Especially when you look at Wisconsins and your trying to say Purdue is good just to get them -.5 overall.

    I will say this about Purdue though, they have no issues going against good teams, I would hold their scheduel up against either Wisconsin or Ohio St.
    Purdue was a top-5 team in the Big-10 this year.
    To go into their place and win by 21 is impressive.
    Texas didn't even make the Big-12 championship game.

    Yes, OSU's schedule has some tough games.
    But there's *plenty* of easy W's on it, as well.

    =Z=
    I really have no fan investment in this discussion. I don't like either team and none of the teams I do like will ever get any respect because we are in the MWC. All I did was look down the scheduel and IMO Ohio St. was harder. That's all. I enjoyed the read though and it made perfect sense to me.

    I guess the thing is if you have an easy scheduel like you say Ohio St. and Wisconsin did, then those icon games on your map need to be won. Something Ohio St. managed to do by Wisconsin sucked.

    So I can agree with you when you say an Ohio St. fan instantly claiming a Wisconsin team had an easy scheduel is somewhat offbase. Both teams more or less took the same path. Only in the end you better win the tough ones.

    That being said Florida is going to beat Ohio St.

  5. #35
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Finally, everything I'm thinking in writing: Michigan got jobbed.

    "Del" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I like the point system, but I still don't buy it. Looking down the list of Wisconsins opponents there is hardly anyone noteworthy and the noteworthy teams they played they lost to.

    Texas alone on the road is more then enough IMO to declare they went about it a rougher way. Especially when you look at Wisconsins and your trying to say Purdue is good just to get them -.5 overall.

    I will say this about Purdue though, they have no issues going against good teams, I would hold their scheduel up against either Wisconsin or Ohio St.
    Purdue was a top-5 team in the Big-10 this year.
    To go into their place and win by 21 is impressive.
    Texas didn't even make the Big-12 championship game.

    Yes, OSU's schedule has some tough games.
    But there's *plenty* of easy W's on it, as well.

    =Z=
    I really have no fan investment in this discussion. I don't like either team and none of the teams I do like will ever get any respect because we are in the MWC. All I did was look down the scheduel and IMO Ohio St. was harder. That's all. I enjoyed the read though and it made perfect sense to me.

    I guess the thing is if you have an easy scheduel like you say Ohio St. and Wisconsin did, then those icon games on your map need to be won. Something Ohio St. managed to do by Wisconsin sucked.

    So I can agree with you when you say an Ohio St. fan instantly claiming a Wisconsin team had an easy scheduel is somewhat offbase. Both teams more or less took the same path. Only in the end you better win the tough ones.

    That being said Florida is going to beat Ohio St.
    I also have no fan interest in this.
    My Division-I loyalties lie with Iowa State, and they sucked this year.


    You're 100% by saying that teams gotta win the big ones to be there in the end.
    And I'm not asking either OSU or Wisconsin to apologize for taking a few weekends off during the season by playing a Cincinnati or Buffalo.
    In the big conferences, there's a chance to lose every weekend if you hit someone at the right moment and the breaks go their way.
    Fer Chrissakes, WAKE FOREST won the ACC!!

    OSU's season boiled down to winning the games they should and winning the two big games.
    Wisconsin failed to win their biggest game, and that's what killed 'em.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #36
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,217

    Re: Finally, everything I'm thinking in writing: Michigan got jobbed.

    I think that the second best team in the country is Michigan.
    Having said that the Florida Gaotrs are deserving of playing in the championship game.
    Here is why:

    1.
    Until the Pac 10 & big Ten form a CCG then other teams will pass them if it is a close vote AS IT SHOULD BE!!!

    Here is why if the scenario was reversed and Florida was #2 and lost the CCG they would have been penalized for the loss and Michigan would rise to #2 without having played a game.
    Just like some are complaining that they were leapfrooged without playing a game.
    In my opinion is if you are going to penalize a team for playing the CCG then you have to reward them also.

    The '96 championship game between Florida and FSU would have never taken place if weren't for the inaugeral Big 12 CG.
    Nebraska was ranked third, the second ranked team lost.
    They would have moved up and into the championship game if they didn't play Texas and lose.
    So if you are going to take the risk you need to give them the reward for that risk.

    The other part of this is that those playing a CCG is that you are going to play a tought opponent, no cupcake which raises your chances of your loss.
    I don't care about records because usually the underdog is playing well and the favorite may play tight with everything on the line.
    These are things Florida had top face that Mighigan did not.

    So if you want Michigan in CG then form a CCG if they win they have the same chance as the SEC, ACC, and Big 12.
    Same goes for the Pac 10!



    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. E.J. Jobbed Out Of Comeback Player Of The Year
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 01:56 AM
  2. Detroit got jobbed by the refs.
    By Purple Floyd in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 04:53 PM
  3. Sports Writing
    By DaVizzles in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 09:10 PM
  4. MOVED: Sports Writing
    By ultravikingfan in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 08:57 PM
  5. Writing in runes.
    By so-cal vike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 02:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •