COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Fiesta Bowl star Johnson has hired wedding security because of racist threats

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-boisestate-johnson&prov=ap&type=lgns
    BOISE, Idaho (AP) -- The Boise State running back who scored the winning points in the Fiesta Bowl, then proposed to his cheerleader girlfriend on national television, says he has hired security for their wedding because of racial threats.

Ian Johnson, who is black, and Chrissy Popadics, who is white, are due to be married Saturday in Boise.

Since his Jan. 1 proposal, Johnson said, he has received phone calls, letters and some personal threats from people who object to their marriage plans.
    This is sick!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Fiesta Bowl star Johnson has hired wedding security because of racist threats

unbelievable..its obviously some dumbass sooner fans still bitter that they can no longer beat small conference teams
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Re: Fiesta Bowl star Johnson has hired wedding security because of racist threats

"olson_10" wrote:
    unbelievable..its obviously some dumbass sooner fans still bitter that they can no longer beat small conference teams
    Or.....racist who cant let go of the passed. Racism is much a deeper than a football game. This made national news, its not just sooner fans that are doing this, as a matter of fact there are probably very few.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Fiesta Bowl star Johnson has hired wedding security because of racist threat

this is just horrible, its the mans wedding for god sake, what kind of person would want to ruin that

Thanks josdin00

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I knew that was going to happen when he did it. I hate to think that way but some people are just not open for change.
    I hope he has a good wedding!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Weddings are suppose to be happy....snipers anybody?

Re: Fiesta Bowl star Johnson has hired wedding security because of racist threat

Wow i can't believe i never heard about this. He was married in my own church lol, I can't believe how ignorant some people can be.