Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

ESPN Reports Billy Donovan to Magic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2888555

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
    Hey PurpleGator, hope you're ready to get back in the basement.
    I wasn't AS excited about him leaving as I am after reading some of the crap you and a couple others, like Cojo, ran your mouths about in this thread: http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=330 65.0

You were SOOOO confident that Florida would dominate for years to come under Billy D. and he didn't take the UK job because it wasn't as great as the job in Florida.
    Well, apparently he was just waiting to get in the NBA later in the offseason, LMFAO!
    I really can't wait to hear your response to this.
    I'm sure it will be filled with how Anthony Grant will become your next coach and be the next Billy D.
    Sorry, it won't happen.
    What will really be funny is if Jai Lucas leaves Florida and comes to UK to join that other guy, you know, Patrick Patterson.
    Remember him?
    That guy the Billy D. was recruiting but got out recruited by Billy Gillispie.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: ESPN Reports Billy Donovan to Magic

This is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad news for us Gator fans.Billy is the main and almost the only reason why we won 2 titles.Say goodbye to any more titles for atleast the next 4 or 5 years.

Now I live in FL so you wouldnt think i'd mind the move.....but the Magic? Thier orginization flat out sucks.They tend to trade away all stars, and miss the playoffs all the time.

God i'm realllllly mad right now.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"Mr." wrote:
    This is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad news for us Gator fans.Billy is the main and almost the only reason why we won 2 titles.Say goodbye to any more titles for atleast the next 4 or 5 years.

Now I live in FL so you wouldnt think i'd mind the move.....but the Magic? Thier orginization flat out sucks.They tend to trade away all stars, and miss the playoffs all the time.

Yea, although he is going to a NBA team near his home, I still find it hard to believe he would want to go to such a medicore organization.
    However, he is getting a guaranteed $28 million.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2888555

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
    Hey PurpleGator, hope you're ready to get back in the basement.
    I wasn't AS excited about him leaving as I am after reading some of the crap you and a couple others, like Cojo, ran your mouths about in this thread: http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=330 65.0

You were SOOOO confident that Florida would dominate for years to come under Billy D. and he didn't take the UK job because it wasn't as great as the job in Florida.
    Well, apparently he was just waiting to get in the NBA later in the offseason, LMFAO!
    I really can't wait to hear your response to this.
    I'm sure it will be filled with how Anthony Grant will become your next coach and be the next Billy D.
    Sorry, it won't happen.
    What will really be funny is if Jai Lucas leaves Florida and comes to UK to join that other guy, you know, Patrick Patterson.
    Remember him?
    That guy the Billy D. was recruiting but got out recruited by Billy Gillispie.
    Ouchies...
    this is gonna floor that program.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:

Yea, although he is going to a NBA team near his home, I still find it hard to believe he would want to go to such a medicore organization.
    However, he is getting a guaranteed $28 million.
    Read that last sentence again and that will answer your question.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Well atleast we got 2 titles out of him.Hes deff a good coach, and should improve the magic.However the Magic will find a way to trade him for some draft picks.

I start to wonder tho...where the Gators stacked with Talent? Or did the two titles come from Billy's genuis? We'll find out with the Magic I guess.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"Mr." wrote:
    Well atleast we got 2 titles out of him.Hes deff a good coach, and should improve the magic.However the Magic will find a way to trade him for some draft picks.

I start to wonder tho...where the Gators stacked with Talent? Or did the two titles come from Billy's genuis? We'll find out with the Magic I guess.
    I guess you have to give it up to a little bit of both.
    Just by watching Florida games you could see the Billy D. was a very talented coach and as much as I despised every player at Florida, they were talented (Noah is a douche though, I would love to beat him over the head with a baseball bat).

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

it will be interesting to see if he can do better than previous college coaches that made the jump unsuccessfully to the pro's. My guess is no. But time will tell.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

He was smart leaving when he did. He was losing his top 7 scorers and he is now going to make more money. For some reason though I think he'll find his way back to the college ranks a la Rick Pitino.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Sources: Donovan wants out of Magic deal

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6883162?MSNHPHMA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast