Yes he was our RB when we won the national championship in 1990. He was also a coach at CU for some time the went to UCLA I believe.
Having no coordinator experience is a negative in my mind, especially after watching what Brewster has done, but the positives are these:
1. Known as a great recruiter when he coached in college
2. He was offered the USC O-coordinator job
3. He would be able to fire up the players for every play, something that has been severely lacking with Hawkins.
4. The alums and donors would be ecstatic for the most part.
5. Hopefully coach Mac would help out in some capacity
6. Seems like he will be a college head coach sometime in the near future so why not jump on it early so he can coach for his old school.
I'm slightly torn on who should get the job, but it's not up to me and I would be ok if he does get it.
Thanks for all the input everyone