Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duke Gay

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Duke Gay

Duke is a good team pretty much year in and year out but there's no denying that they recruit extremely weird players.. they always seem to get the weirdest white guys in the country who happen to be 5 stars to come to Duke... Over the years no other school has been able to match them... Look at this year's roster.
    Scheyer
    Paulus
    Singler
    Pocius
    Zoubeck

All very odd... Then you throw in annoying cocky players like Henderson and you have a team that everyone loves to hate. Not to mention the weird players usually think they're gods gift to mankind *cough* Paulus.

I mean, look at their players over the year..

Dunleavy
    Battier
    Boozer
    Dahntay Jones
    JJ Redick
    Shelden Williams
    Lee Melchionni, the ultimate most annoying cocky SOB duke player of all time.

the list goes on. I mean, I hate players like hansbrough but it always feels like duke has a team full of them.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Duke g*y

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Duke is a good team pretty much year in and year out but there's no denying that they recruit extremely weird players.. they always seem to get the weirdest white guys in the country who happen to be 5 stars to come to Duke... Over the years no other school has been able to match them... Look at this year's roster.
    Scheyer
    Paulus
    Singler
    Pocius
    Zoubeck

All very odd... Then you throw in annoying cocky players like Henderson and you have a team that everyone loves to hate. Not to mention the weird players usually think they're gods gift to mankind *cough* Paulus.

I mean, look at their players over the year..

Dunleavy
    Battier
    Boozer
    Dahntay Jones
    JJ Redick
    Shelden Williams
    Lee Melchionni, the ultimate most annoying cocky SOB duke player of all time.

the list goes on. I mean, I hate players like hansbrough but it always feels like duke has a team full of them.
    I think that you might be prejudice against white basketball players.

I can understand why you don't like the Melchionni.
    That is a good one though.
    I don't think many Duke Fans like him anymore either.
    He prematurely left and wasn't even good enough to go on to the next level.

Lee Melchionni (born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania on September 30, 1983) is a former collegiate men's basketball player in the NCAA. He played with the Duke Blue Devils and was number 13. Melchionni played primarily at the forward position. [1].

Melchionni comes from a family rich with talented athletes. His father, Gary Melchionni played basketball with Duke and was team captain. Gary was also an All-ACC performer and was drafted by the Phoenix Suns in the 2nd Round of the 1973 NBA Draft. His uncle, Bill Melchionni played college basketball with Villanova while in college and played with the Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Nets while playing in the NBA. Bill's number was retired by Villanova and the Nets.
    Duke has been victim to that the last few years, Deng, McRoberts, Melchionni all needed some more experience before becoming NBA players.

I actually like Hansbrough, I respect the guy.
    The guy has an uncanny ability to get a shot off and he can shoot the midrange shot as well as anyone.
    He actually pulled up and took a shot from 10 feet away instead of forcing it to the hole.
    I haven't seen that since the 70's.
    LOL!
    He is a throwback player.

Duke has been victim to that the last few years, Deng, McRoberts, Melchionni all needed some more experience before becoming NBA players.
    Deng adjusted better than the other two.....

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

See, you don't get the manlove that people have for players like Hansbrough and Paulus in the local media here. Hansbrough can do no wrong in the News and Observer and local radio. It's almost as bad as Brett Favre, maybe worse. Hansbrough's "will" is the most tiresome topic of all time. It's absolutely horrible. If a player from NC State does the same thing as Hansbrough on the court, it's called a good play. If Hansbrough does it, he willed it into the basket and is the hardest worker in basketball history. Not to mention he travels almost every play and it NEVER gets called.

It's not a coincidence that a lot of the players I hate from Duke and UNC are white because they're the ones that get the most media attention. Players like Pocius and Zoubeck are just annoying duke players that act like idiots when they finally score a basket.. But players like Scheyer, Paulus, and Singler are fawned on 24-7... It gets really tiring.

There was a 4 page centerfold in yesterday's paper about the Henderson flagrant foul on Hansbrough. Meanwhile NC State's win over Virginia tech got one column in the very corner of the sports section. That's called media bias and is extremely prevalent in the triangle area. I understand the nature of the rivalry but one foul did not warrant four pages of coverage.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    See, you don't get the manlove that people have for players like Hansbrough and Paulus in the local media here. Hansbrough can do no wrong in the News and Observer and local radio. It's almost as bad as Brett Favre, maybe worse. Hansbrough's "will" is the most tiresome topic of all time. It's absolutely horrible. If a player from NC State does the same thing as Hansbrough on the court, it's called a good play. If Hansbrough does it, he willed it into the basket and is the hardest worker in basketball history. Not to mention he travels almost every play and it NEVER gets called.

It's not a coincidence that a lot of the players I hate from Duke and UNC are white because they're the ones that get the most media attention. Players like Pocius and Zoubeck are just annoying duke players that act like idiots when they finally score a basket.. But players like Scheyer, Paulus, and Singler are fawned on 24-7... It gets really tiring.

There was a 4 page centerfold in yesterday's paper about the Henderson flagrant foul on Hansbrough. Meanwhile NC State's win over Virginia tech got one column in the very corner of the sports section. That's called media bias and is extremely prevalent in the triangle area. I understand the nature of the rivalry but one foul did not warrant four pages of coverage.

LOL!
    I can see where that would be bad.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I thought the pickle only wrote joke articles?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I've kindof followed them for years.
    Gay or not, they can ball.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12