Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duke Gay

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Duke Gay

[size=12pt]Duke Gay[/size]
    [size=1pt]Disclaimer: You are into autofellatio and have no brain if you are so lame that you can't even check the link or if you are so serious-minded that you can't chuckle a bit at the article.
    Don't whine to me about it, because, quite frankly, I don't care what you think.[/size]

Duke’s men’s basketball team, off to an 11-1 start and ranked No. 9 in the AP poll, remains hopelessly and pathetically gay, say many college basketball observers across the country.

“Oh, man. Friggin’ Duke,” said North Carolina alum Jack Tankersley. “I can’t even stand to look at them. They’re so unbelievably ... what’s the word ... they’re so unbelievably gay. Just totally gay.”

Maryland student Joshua Benjamin says everything about Duke is gay.

“Just look at their roster,” he says. “Paulus? Gay. Jon Scheyer? Gay. Gerald Henderson? Gay. DeMarcus Nelson? Gay. Their coaches? Krzyzewski? Gay to the max. Chris Collins? Gay. Wojciechowski? King of the gays. Their mascot? Gay. Cameron Crazies? Gay. Krzyzewskiville? More gay than San Francisco. Gay, gay, gay, gay, gay. All of it gay.”

Benjamin said that he does not mean everyone associated with Duke is homosexual.

“Oh, no. I don’t mean it in that way,” he said. “I just mean ... you know – gay. But I’m sure most of them actually are gay, if that changes anything. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. It would just make them both gay AND gay. Either way, I think we can definitely agree that they’re definitely gay. Uber gay.”

Paulus says he and his teammates are routinely told how gay they are.

“Yeah, you hear it all the time from opposing crowds,” says Paulus. “’Hey, Paulus! You’re gay! You’re a total gayboy.’ I mean, it’s not very creative. But we get it a lot. Apparently people see us as gay. I also get a lot of people telling me I look like I have an extra chromosome or that I look like I’m retarded. But I’ve always gotten that, even before I came to Duke. The gay stuff didn’t pick up until I arrived here.”

Despite that, most Duke watchers say Paulus is the current Duke player who most exudes that trademark Duke gayness.

“Oh, yeah. Totally,” says Tankersley. “Just like Christian Laettner. Just like Wojciechowski when he played. Just like JJ Redick. It has been passed down from team to team. One guy slaps the floor and the next guy picks it up by slapping the floor after him. It’s just the way they walk. The way they complain to the refs. They way they celebrate. They way they cry. The way they wear their jerseys. It’s just so ... incredibly ... annoying. And also gay.”
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Duke Gay

Finally an article conveys what every non-duke fan feels on tobacco road. And no, Scheyer is their most gay player, Paulus is a close second. If that Pocius guy wasn't injured I'm sure he would be up there too..

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

LMAO!

Cajun will like this!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

That one paragraph made me think of when Belushi is going off in Animal House...

Niedermeyer... DEAD!
    Except it was Duke player... Gay

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Duke g*y

Booo Hiss!

Obviously this was written by someone from UNC.
    I demand to talk to this guys editor.

As far as this years team, I like these guys better than any other team that has played.
    These guys will beat better teams with hustle and shooting ability, not because they are physically more talented.
    It will be fun to watch the young team.

Not g*y!
    Hate them if you must.

Screw the onion and the pickle, it wasn't funny (IMHO).
    LOL!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I wonder how many pickles Coach K can shove up his nose.

Not as *** as the Tar Heels apparently!

LOL!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Duke still has the gayest team of all time regardless of whether they win games or not. Duke fans can't see it but every other fan in the world can. Duke fans usually are a little off kilter anyways so they go pretty well with their odd players.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Duke still has the gayest team of all time regardless of whether they win games or not. Duke fans can't see it but every other fan in the world can. Duke fans usually are a little off kilter anyways so they go pretty well with their odd players.
    Are you sure, I don't see it.
    8)

Duke will always be disliked by those that don't root for Duke.
    I think what really gets people is that the Duke players actually play better than they really are.
    The all believe in the system and that the tradition is greater than the individual player.
    It is because of this over achieving on the court by what seem like lack luster players that really gets non-Duke fans' goat.

I understand what you are saying, about the off kilter thing, but I don't understand why that is a bad thing.
    If that (or the term g*y) is enough to hate or dislike someone, I have a carton of eggs for you, you can go out to the curb and start hurling them at the shortbus if it will make you feel better.

Also, I thought this season was going to be bad.
    I tried to tell my wife to prepare for the worst (more than 8 losses LOL) and hope for the best.
    No seriously, I was convinced that this season was going to be difficult.
    I thought the other teams in the ACC were going to give them a fit.
    It wasn't until shortly after that loss to Pitt that I thought they really started to play good ball.
    Even Vitale and Enberg(?) said something similar tonight.
    They didn't quite say it, but it was along the overachieving lines but they said it more like "this team has gelled."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast