Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Donovan Will Stay At Florida

    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    I don't get this at all Kentucky Fans.


    You fire a guy with a crazy winning percentage and somebody who has won a national title.
    He has been there several years and they seem to always win.


    Every coach wants to coach in Kentucky according to UK fans. Kentucky fans said how Donovan would coach in Kentucky because it's his calling. :

    Now since Billy said NO WAY! You hire a guy who has never made it to a national title game.
    Heck he hasn't done that much.
    2 sweet sixteen appearances and a recored of 100 wins and 58 losses. Wow all that talk from UK fans was impressive. You really showed those Florida fans didn't you?

    Good luck to you next year.

    Go back and read my post earlier in the thread to see why UK fans are happy with Gillispie.
    You talk about how great Tubby was but HE WAS THE COACH WHEN FLORIDA TOOK OVER THE SEC EAST.
    He hadn't beat Florida in his last six tries which is pathetic.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  2. #22
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Donovan Will Stay At Florida

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Just remember Kentucky fans that if Gillispie comes and and wins his 1st couple of seasons those are Tubby's recruits, that is what you said about the National Championship that Tubby won that it wasn't his recruits.
    First, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by wins his 1st couple seasons.
    I guess you mean a championship?
    If so, there is no way in this world that the group Flubby left at UK will win a title next year.
    We will have potential to be pretty good next year if Billy G. can land a couple solid recruits this off season.
    None the less, best case scenario next year is winning 75% of our games and make it to the 2nd round of the NCAA.
    Flubby left nothing for the next coach and old Flubby took over a team that was completely in position to win a title.
    Remember, Kentucky won in '96 and was runner up in '97.
    Any idiot can see that the team was in a little bit better condition during those years.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  3. #23
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Donovan Will Stay At Florida

    "Mr." wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    Well seing as i'm the only Wildcat/Gator fan around here i'll chip in.Tubby wasnt cutting it.Kentucky hasnt looked anywhere near solid for atleast 2 years.I'm sure its hurting thier chance of getting big name prospects.Donovan was never, ever, ever going to UK.He didnt even consider it.Does this mean Donovan will be a Gator forever? No, I see him taking a NBA head coaching if he continues on the path hes on. I dont like the signing of Gillispie that much, but its not terrible.Its slim pickings right now, and i'm sure UK took who they thought was the premier canidate.


    Anyways alot of UK fans got thier hopes up based on rumors alone.I never for one second thought Donovan was gonna go there.

    Most Kentucky fans wanted Rick Pitino to come back, and he shot down that idea real quick, so Billy was your 2nd choice and you couldn't get him either.



    Tubby had two 10 game losing seasons in a row?

    My God, how dare he!

    Tubby's record the last 5 years
    2002-03 - 32-4 (NCAA Elite 8-)
    2003-04 - 27-5 (NCAA tournament)
    2004-05 - 28-6 (NCAA Elite 8-)
    2005-06 - 22-13 (NCAA tournament)
    2006-07 - 22-12 (NCAA tournament)



    Lets look at Rick Pitino's record the last 2 years at Louisville.


    2005 - 20006
    21 - 13
    (18 - 11) regular season
    NIT invitational
    (he didn't make the NCAA)

    Tubby had a better record and made the NCAA tourney!



    2006 - 2007
    24 - 10
    NCAA bid but gets knocked out in the 2nd round

    Tubby
    22 - 12

    Oh my God he lost 2 more games than Rick, both got knocked out of the tourney early.


    Yeah on paper Tubby's resume over the past 5 or 6 years is better lookin then Rick's.However UK is a [size=10pt]MUCH MUCH MUCH[/size] bigger school/team then louisville.(Where I was born) Tubby without a doubt faced tougher and higher levels of competiton on the regular.Louisville is a shawdow of a school compared to UK.They dont haul in as many highly touted prospects as UK.
    The fact that Patino has brought success to Louisville's basketball team, excited alot of wildcat fans.Also...taken Rick back is like the Gators taken Spurrier back.Spurrier might not be the best college football coach in the land, but they have positive history together.(Him and the School)
    UK's fan base is composed of die hard fans.And seeing thier WildCats look nothin better then average the past 2 seasons dosnt sit right.We're talking about one of the most competitive college basketball teams, ever.(Besides Duke and NC)

    Yeah also about those 10 loses, thats pretty bad.
    Since you wanna bring out stats , i'll use your example.


    2002-03 - 32-4 (NCAA Elite 8-)
    2003-04 - 27-5 (NCAA tournament)
    2004-05 - 28-6 (NCAA Elite 8-)

    2005-06 - 22-13 (NCAA tournament)
    2006-07 - 22-12 (NCAA tournament)

    Notice how much better UK did when not losing over 6 games.You cant lose 10 games in college basketball and be successfull.You just cant, its a very competitive sport.


    UK is in a tough spot, there isnt alot of quality coaches out there.They took who they felt was the best on the list, and thier gonna see how it pans out.

    He was in the Elite 8 twice in the last
    5 years, and because his team was down for 2 years he is a terrible coach.

    Thank you Kentucky fans for driving away one of the top 5 coaches in the country right to the open arms of Gopher fans!


    Sorry but you UK fans are way to full of yourselves, and you think way to highly of your school!
    The rest of the basketball world is seeing that.

    Kentucky is not heaven!

    When Tubby left talk show hosts and basketball analysts were discussing if any of the top coaches in college basketball wanted the job at Kentucky the way they treat their coaches and the scrutiny from the fans?
    Most analysts said no.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  4. #24
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: Donovan Will Stay At Florida

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    Well seing as i'm the only Wildcat/Gator fan around here i'll chip in.Tubby wasnt cutting it.Kentucky hasnt looked anywhere near solid for atleast 2 years.I'm sure its hurting thier chance of getting big name prospects.Donovan was never, ever, ever going to UK.He didnt even consider it.Does this mean Donovan will be a Gator forever? No, I see him taking a NBA head coaching if he continues on the path hes on. I dont like the signing of Gillispie that much, but its not terrible.Its slim pickings right now, and i'm sure UK took who they thought was the premier canidate.


    Anyways alot of UK fans got thier hopes up based on rumors alone.I never for one second thought Donovan was gonna go there.

    Most Kentucky fans wanted Rick Pitino to come back, and he shot down that idea real quick, so Billy was your 2nd choice and you couldn't get him either.



    Tubby had two 10 game losing seasons in a row?

    My God, how dare he!

    Tubby's record the last 5 years
    2002-03 - 32-4 (NCAA Elite 8-)
    2003-04 - 27-5 (NCAA tournament)
    2004-05 - 28-6 (NCAA Elite 8-)
    2005-06 - 22-13 (NCAA tournament)
    2006-07 - 22-12 (NCAA tournament)



    Lets look at Rick Pitino's record the last 2 years at Louisville.


    2005 - 20006
    21 - 13
    (18 - 11) regular season
    NIT invitational
    (he didn't make the NCAA)

    Tubby had a better record and made the NCAA tourney!



    2006 - 2007
    24 - 10
    NCAA bid but gets knocked out in the 2nd round

    Tubby
    22 - 12

    Oh my God he lost 2 more games than Rick, both got knocked out of the tourney early.


    Yeah on paper Tubby's resume over the past 5 or 6 years is better lookin then Rick's.However UK is a [size=10pt]MUCH MUCH MUCH[/size] bigger school/team then louisville.(Where I was born) Tubby without a doubt faced tougher and higher levels of competiton on the regular.Louisville is a shawdow of a school compared to UK.They dont haul in as many highly touted prospects as UK.
    The fact that Patino has brought success to Louisville's basketball team, excited alot of wildcat fans.Also...taken Rick back is like the Gators taken Spurrier back.Spurrier might not be the best college football coach in the land, but they have positive history together.(Him and the School)
    UK's fan base is composed of die hard fans.And seeing thier WildCats look nothin better then average the past 2 seasons dosnt sit right.We're talking about one of the most competitive college basketball teams, ever.(Besides Duke and NC)

    Yeah also about those 10 loses, thats pretty bad.
    Since you wanna bring out stats , i'll use your example.


    2002-03 - 32-4 (NCAA Elite 8-)
    2003-04 - 27-5 (NCAA tournament)
    2004-05 - 28-6 (NCAA Elite 8-)

    2005-06 - 22-13 (NCAA tournament)
    2006-07 - 22-12 (NCAA tournament)

    Notice how much better UK did when not losing over 6 games.You cant lose 10 games in college basketball and be successfull.You just cant, its a very competitive sport.


    UK is in a tough spot, there isnt alot of quality coaches out there.They took who they felt was the best on the list, and thier gonna see how it pans out.

    He was in the Elite 8 twice in the last
    5 years, and because his team was down for 2 years he is a terrible coach.

    Thank you Kentucky fans for driving away one of the top 5 coaches in the country right to the open arms of Gopher fans!


    Sorry but you UK fans are way to full of yourselves, and you think way to highly of your school!
    The rest of the basketball world is seeing that.

    Kentucky is not heaven!

    When Tubby left top show hosts and basketball analysts were discussing if any of the top coaches in college basketball wanted the job at Kentucky the way they treat their coaches and the scrutiny from the fans?
    Most analysts said no.



    Thats not it at all.The fact of the matter is,elite 8 teams dont lose over 6 or 7 games.Tubby has done nothing positive these past two years, hes gotten worse.Maybe a smaller basketball school like Minnesota is going crazy over him.But Kentucky is an elite basketball program along with Duke and NC.You can say what you want, but the history tells the story.Its a what have you done for me latley kind of league, and average dosnt cut.

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  5. #25
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Donovan Will Stay At Florida

    So was Indiana and look how far they have fallen maybe it's Kentucky's turn.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  6. #26
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Donovan Will Stay At Florida

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    So was Indiana and look how far they have fallen maybe it's Kentucky's turn.
    Maybe the world will end today.
    Maybe the Vikings will win a Super Bowl before I die.
    Maybe you know absolutely nothing about Kentucky basketball.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  7. #27
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Donovan Will Stay At Florida

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    Well seing as i'm the only Wildcat/Gator fan around here i'll chip in.Tubby wasnt cutting it.Kentucky hasnt looked anywhere near solid for atleast 2 years.I'm sure its hurting thier chance of getting big name prospects.Donovan was never, ever, ever going to UK.He didnt even consider it.Does this mean Donovan will be a Gator forever? No, I see him taking a NBA head coaching if he continues on the path hes on. I dont like the signing of Gillispie that much, but its not terrible.Its slim pickings right now, and i'm sure UK took who they thought was the premier canidate.


    Anyways alot of UK fans got thier hopes up based on rumors alone.I never for one second thought Donovan was gonna go there.

    Most Kentucky fans wanted Rick Pitino to come back, and he shot down that idea real quick, so Billy was your 2nd choice and you couldn't get him either.



    Tubby had two 10 game losing seasons in a row?

    My God, how dare he!

    Tubby's record the last 5 years
    2002-03 - 32-4 (NCAA Elite 8-)
    2003-04 - 27-5 (NCAA tournament)
    2004-05 - 28-6 (NCAA Elite 8-)
    2005-06 - 22-13 (NCAA tournament)
    2006-07 - 22-12 (NCAA tournament)



    Lets look at Rick Pitino's record the last 2 years at Louisville.


    2005 - 20006
    21 - 13
    (18 - 11) regular season
    NIT invitational
    (he didn't make the NCAA)

    Tubby had a better record and made the NCAA tourney!



    2006 - 2007
    24 - 10
    NCAA bid but gets knocked out in the 2nd round

    Tubby
    22 - 12

    Oh my God he lost 2 more games than Rick, both got knocked out of the tourney early.


    Yeah on paper Tubby's resume over the past 5 or 6 years is better lookin then Rick's.However UK is a [size=10pt]MUCH MUCH MUCH[/size] bigger school/team then louisville.(Where I was born) Tubby without a doubt faced tougher and higher levels of competiton on the regular.Louisville is a shawdow of a school compared to UK.They dont haul in as many highly touted prospects as UK.
    The fact that Patino has brought success to Louisville's basketball team, excited alot of wildcat fans.Also...taken Rick back is like the Gators taken Spurrier back.Spurrier might not be the best college football coach in the land, but they have positive history together.(Him and the School)
    UK's fan base is composed of die hard fans.And seeing thier WildCats look nothin better then average the past 2 seasons dosnt sit right.We're talking about one of the most competitive college basketball teams, ever.(Besides Duke and NC)

    Yeah also about those 10 loses, thats pretty bad.
    Since you wanna bring out stats , i'll use your example.


    2002-03 - 32-4 (NCAA Elite 8-)
    2003-04 - 27-5 (NCAA tournament)
    2004-05 - 28-6 (NCAA Elite 8-)

    2005-06 - 22-13 (NCAA tournament)
    2006-07 - 22-12 (NCAA tournament)

    Notice how much better UK did when not losing over 6 games.You cant lose 10 games in college basketball and be successfull.You just cant, its a very competitive sport.


    UK is in a tough spot, there isnt alot of quality coaches out there.They took who they felt was the best on the list, and thier gonna see how it pans out.

    He was in the Elite 8 twice in the last
    5 years, and because his team was down for 2 years he is a terrible coach.

    Thank you Kentucky fans for driving away one of the top 5 coaches in the country right to the open arms of Gopher fans!


    Sorry but you UK fans are way to full of yourselves, and you think way to highly of your school!
    The rest of the basketball world is seeing that.

    Kentucky is not heaven!

    When Tubby left talk show hosts and basketball analysts were discussing if any of the top coaches in college basketball wanted the job at Kentucky the way they treat their coaches and the scrutiny from the fans?
    Most analysts said no.

    Yea, I'm sure it's making you think your pathetic basketball program will come alive because a coach came to you from a top 5 program in the nation.
    You're wrong and just because the coach came from here doesn't mean he's good enough for here.
    I find it funny how much you're bashing UK, and HERE is the funny thing.
    You keep saying Kentucky isn't the basketball program it once was and people no longer fear us.
    Can you please tell me who was our coach when this transition occurred?
    Thank you.
    It was you amazing top 5 coach that led Kentucky from grace.
    I hope you're enjoying kicking UK while it's down, the only reason you're doing it is out of fear, fear the UK will one day be back to its true form.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  8. #28
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Donovan Will Stay At Florida

    Nothing makes my day more cheerful than an angry leprechaun.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #29
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Donovan Will Stay At Florida

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Nothing makes my day more cheerful than an angry leprechaun.
    I feel like I'm watching one of those ESPN commercials where it shows a bunch of people talking out of their asses.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  10. #30
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Donovan Will Stay At Florida

    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Nothing makes my day more cheerful than an angry leprechaun.
    I feel like I'm watching one of those ESPN commercials where it shows a bunch of people talking out of their asses.
    You know that is common place here.

    [img width=197 height=135]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/RPM40/ppo/bsmeter.gif[/img]
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Stay Tice Stay
    By vikings_fan66 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 01:26 PM
  2. Why we should trade for Donovan McNabb
    By lukeshkin in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 06:09 PM
  3. So much for the Donovan Mcnabb thing
    By buliwyf in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 11:45 PM
  4. Daunte and Donovan
    By PurplePackerEater in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 03:14 AM
  5. donovan darius
    By slowlow in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 07:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •