Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    swardsooner is offline Rookie

Re: Bradford hurt as BYU stuns No. 3 Sooners

Sorry for this "way late" update on Sam's surgery, but it only took 35 minutes and the surgeon termed it "successful".
    I'd love to see Sam become a Viking, but if he actually applies for the draft AFTER the season, it will indicate he's been counseled he'll be a top five or at least 10 pick.

NORMAN -- Sam Bradford underwent successful surgery on his right shoulder Wednesday morning in Birmingham, Ala. Dr. James Andrews, widely recognized for his work on a number of athletes, performed the procedure.

The operation began at 10:10 a.m., and was completed by 10:45 a.m. The 2008 Heisman Trophy winner was back in his hospital room by 12:15 p.m.

"Dr. Andrews said it was just as we expected," said Sam's father, Kent, who was able to witness part of the operation. "It all looked great in the end and everyone seems to feel very good about it."

The elder Bradford said his son was experiencing some soreness, but was otherwise resting comfortably and had already regained his appetite.

"He was hungry and he's been eating so that's a good sign," Kent said.

The Oklahoma quarterback will go through a limited exercise session on Wednesday and expects to return to his home state sometime in the next 24-48 hours.

"The report we got was that everything went about as well as it could and obviously we're very happy for Sam and his family," said OU Head Coach Bob Stoops. "We look forward to getting him back in Norman so that we can assist with his recovery and rehabilitation."

Bradford, a junior, said earlier this week that if his recovery proceeds as expected he will make himself available for the NFL Draft in April.

He holds 15 records at OU and also captured last year's Davey O'Brien Award as the nation's top quarterback.

OU Sports Info Report

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Good news my friend.
    Adjusting the rankings as we speak.
    ;D

Thanks for the update.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

swardsooner is offline Rookie

Whoa! This blast from the past bites!

Marrdro wrote:
    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford Hurt Again[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/200...rd-hurt-again/

If the first injury didn't cost him millions, this one surely did.

Now you got a college QB that is talented, but could now be considered frail or at the least, damaged goods.
    Mix that in with his lack of time under center because of the scheme and my guess is he has dropped out of the top 10 in the draft this year.

So sad.
    Should have came out and been the number one pick instead of Stafford.
    :

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Somehow I think things are going to be OK for the 50 million dollar kid.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345