Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Big Ten B****slapped By Division II Once Again

http://www.stormingthefloor.com/2007/11/big-ten-bitchslapped-by-division-ii.html

Wednesday, November 7, 2007
    Big Ten Bitchslapped By Division II Once Again

Finally, I understand the logic of The Big Ten Network. Create a channel that no one gets so that when Big Ten teams continue their trend of losing to Division II schools, it goes as close to unnoticed as possible. Just four days after Michigan State dropped a home exhibition game to Grand Valley State, another team from the Bracket Sub-Basket Division, formerly known as Division II*, has knocked off a Big Ten power in their own building. The University of Findlay, a small school in rural Ohio, knocked off big, bad Ohio State in Columbus 70-68 in another exhibition match last night. Add the two football defeats by Michigan and Minnesota to DI-A or D II schools, and you can see why people think that the Big Ten might by a tad overrated in both football and basketball.

I’m fully aware that both the Michigan State and Ohio State losses were in exhibition games, but that does not take away from the fact that A) the starters played a majority of the game for both MSU and OSU and B) as long as there is a score being kept on the scoreboard, there is no excuse not handle to your business at home to a DII school. Ever.
    How 'bout that, Ultra?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Big Ten B****slapped By Division II Once Again

"Zeus" wrote:
    http://www.stormingthefloor.com/2007/11/big-ten-bitchslapped-by-division-ii.html

Finally, I understand the logic of The Big Ten Network. Create a channel that no one gets so that when Big Ten teams continue their trend of losing to Division II schools, it goes as close to unnoticed as possible. Just four days after Michigan State dropped a home exhibition game to Grand Valley State, another team from the Bracket Sub-Basket Division, formerly known as Division II*, has knocked off a Big Ten power in their own building. The University of Findlay, a small school in rural Ohio, knocked off big, bad Ohio State in Columbus 70-68 in another exhibition match last night. Add the two football defeats by Michigan and Minnesota to DI-A or D II schools, and you can see why people think that the Big Ten might by a tad overrated in both football and basketball.

I’m fully aware that both the Michigan State and Ohio State losses were in exhibition games, but that does not take away from the fact that A) the starters played a majority of the game for both MSU and OSU and B) as long as there is a score being kept on the scoreboard, there is no excuse not handle to your business at home to a DII school. Ever.
    How 'bout that, Ultra?

=Z=
    That is a good win for Findlay, no doubt.
    But, even better was Kentucky getting spanked by Gardner Webb.

Looks like Illinois actually does have a chance to win the Big 10 this year.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am not a basketball fan.
    Nice try,
    ;D

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

How 'bout that, Ultra?

=Z=
    That is a good win for Findlay, no doubt.
    But, even better was Kentucky getting spanked by Gardner Webb.
    Agreed 100%
    ;D

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

i watched the NDSU and Minn game on the Big Ten Network.. My sister goes to the U up there, and I was hoping to see her in the marching band.

it was an aweful game to watch

although, you think the big 10 is as bad as the sun belt conference, which my school, North Texas is in?
    i m better than you, so just give up...