Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    USC is the one that needs getting stuck to....their fans are just becoming WAY TOO OBNOXIOUS!!!!
    No I'm NOT....

    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold



    Thanks to PPE for sig

  2. #12
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    USC is the one that needs getting stuck to....their fans are just becoming WAY TOO OBNOXIOUS!!!!
    No I'm NOT....

    Did you go to USC?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    USC is the one that needs getting stuck to....their fans are just becoming WAY TOO OBNOXIOUS!!!!
    No I'm NOT....

    Did you go to USC?
    No, just live in L.A.,
    and have been following them since the 1970's. And PLEASE don't start that arguement. It makes me laugh when people talk crap because you like a college team and didn't go to that school. College football is a big time sport and a # of teams like USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Miami FL, ... have a huge following. I agree it's a little different when you go to a smaller school that dosen't get Natoinal coverage. But big time programs are gonna have fans. Just like all the Yankees fans, do all of them live in N.Y. ?
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold



    Thanks to PPE for sig

  4. #14
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    USC is the one that needs getting stuck to....their fans are just becoming WAY TOO OBNOXIOUS!!!!
    No I'm NOT....

    Did you go to USC?
    No, just live in L.A.,
    and have been following them since the 1970's. And PLEASE don't start that arguement. It makes me laugh when people talk crap because you like a college team and didn't go to that school. College football is a big time sport and a # of teams like USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Miami FL, ... have a huge following. I agree it's a little different when you go to a smaller school that dosen't get Natoinal coverage. But big time programs are gonna have fans. Just like all the Yankees fans, do all of them live in N.Y. ?
    I wasn't, just was going to prepare you for that.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    Teason # 1,364 why they just need to go to a playoff format like everyone else does. BCS is just a a bunch of BS
    I agree they should go to a playoff, but I don't think Michigan being ranked #2 is ridiculous. If you go by who teams lost to and where they did it, Michigan has clearly played the best season.

    Michigan lost to Ohio State @ #1 Ohio State by a field goal.

    USC lost to Oregon State (unranked) @ Oregon State by 2.

    Florida lost to #11 Auburn by 10 @ Auburn

    Notre Dame got trounced @ home by 26 vs. Michigan

    Taking a look at that, the only 1 loss team that should be in it other than Michigan is USC, and they are. USC beat several more ranked teams than USC, but Michigan is in a tougher conference and lost to a much better team. I'd say that puts them on equal footing as far as their records go. If USC does beat Notre Dame and UCLA though, there's not much doubt they deserve to go to the national championship having beaten 4 ranked teams. So I think the BCS is actually being pretty fair right now.
    Goes to show that teams only HURT themselves by playing a weak non-conf. schedule.
    Michigan and USC both play Notre Dame, but USC also played Nebraska and Arkansas while Michigan played Vanderbilt, Central Michigan, and Ball State. That's gonna kill them if USC wins out.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold



    Thanks to PPE for sig

  6. #16
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    Of course it can never happen, but wouldn't it be cool if OSU and Michigan both made the championship and, instead of starting over, just picked up where they left off? At the beginning of the game, there's a coin toss, and then the teams take the field for the fifth quarter with the score reading 42-39. Same game with a month-and-a-half halftime show.
    ;D

    (Except that in fairness, I think the second half should be played in Michigan).

  7. #17
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    If
    USC makes it into the national championship, i'll puke.

    heres the "scary schedual" USC has completed




    @Arkansas
    Won 50-14



    Nebraska


    Won 28-10

    @Arizona


    Won 20-3

    @Washington St.
    Won 28-22



    Washington
    Won 26-20





    Arizona St.



    Won 28-21

    @Oregon St.


    Lost 31-33





    @Stanford


    Won 42-0



    Oregon

    Won5-10



    California


    Won 23-9


    9-1 with a loss to unranked Oregon ST.



    Now look at the Gators schedual








    Southern Miss




    Won 34-7
    Central Florida





    Won 42-0


    @ Tennessee


    Won 21-20




    Kentucky





    Won 26-7


    Alabama




    Won 28-13


    LSU









    Won 23-10


    @Auburn





    Lost 17-27


    Georgia






    Won 21-14


    @Vanderbilt



    Won 25-19


    South Carolina

    Won 17-16
    Western Carolina




    Won 62-0

    10-1 with a loss to number 12 Aurburn.

    **I've highlighted teams I feel this year where worthy oppents for both teams**


    Take a look at who the Gators have beat to go 10-1 and take a look at who USC has beat to be 9-1.So why arnt the Gators number 2 or 3? Well the friggin computers are a start too it.A computer can only messure points,stats, and records...it cant tell you how good a team on the field truly is.If anyone should be number 3 it should be the Gators.


    They've both beat 3 teams that are currently ranked in the top 25.

    So what do you have to look at? The loss to UNRANKED Oregon ST.The Gators only loss of the season came at the hands of the number 12 RANKED school in the nation.

    Excuse me while I go take a crap on USC.





    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  8. #18
    WisconsinSucks's Avatar
    WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    567

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    It is not fair for Mich to dominate all year, barely lose to the #1 team, and then drop.
    They deserve where they are at.
    It is not fair for Boise State to be unbeaten and only at #11 in the BCS.


    The only fair thing is a playoff.
    Period.

    =Z=
    Do you seriously think Boise State would have a chance aginst Ohio State?
    I haven't seen them play so this isn't an "Are you crazy?"
    type question.

    They really haven't beaten anyone.

  9. #19
    verovike's Avatar
    verovike is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    43

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    If anyone should be number 3 it should be the Gators.
    I couldn't agree more.
    A number 3 ranking now, and a number 2 after they leave Atlanta in a few weeks! I'll take nothing away from Michigan, or USC... 2 very good football teams, but if Florida wins out against FSU and then Arkansas in the conference championship, they have earned the right to play for the championship, no matter what Michigan or USC do.
    To play the gruelling SEC schedule that they have should count for something.
    I don't like the computers...too many variables aren't considered...illness...injuries...weather... I'd love to see a playoff, but atleast it gives us
    something to argue about!




    They have football in Idaho? ;D

  10. #20
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    It is not fair for Mich to dominate all year, barely lose to the #1 team, and then drop.
    They deserve where they are at.
    It is not fair for Boise State to be unbeaten and only at #11 in the BCS.


    The only fair thing is a playoff.
    Period.

    =Z=
    Do you seriously think Boise State would have a chance aginst Ohio State?
    I haven't seen them play so this isn't an "Are you crazy?"
    type question.

    They really haven't beaten anyone.
    I think on a neutral field that anything is possible.
    Boise plays a highly efficient and complex offense which would give them a fighting chance in a shootout.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NEW BCS Standings Nov. 25th
    By COJOMAY in forum College Ball
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 09:16 AM
  2. NFC Standings - Week 8
    By snowinapril in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 03:27 PM
  3. Nfc North standings
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 08:11 PM
  4. projected standings
    By greg in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 10:14 AM
  5. Vikings Team Standings
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2002, 02:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •