Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    Michigan remains at #2.


    However, if USC wins out they will take the #2 spot.

    Michigan's BCS average was .926. The Trojans, who have two games left, were at .919.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=ArD.9Hqoq0Md_83dbq4BKKUcvrYF?slug=ap-bcsstandings&prov=ap&type=lgns

    I would not mind sticking it to that team up north again.
    It's fun beating them!

  2. #2
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    USC is the one that needs getting stuck to....their fans are just becoming WAY TOO OBNOXIOUS!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #3
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,993

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    That is the way it should be! Well, even though Notre Dame will not get to the title game baring some weird BCS miracle hopefully Notre Dame wins out so that USC will not get to be in the title game and we will have not only a rematch, but an all big ten National Championship game!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  4. #4
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    Teason # 1,364 why they just need to go to a playoff format like everyone else does. BCS is just a a bunch of BS

  5. #5
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    Teason # 1,364 why they just need to go to a playoff format like everyone else does. BCS is just a a bunch of BS
    I agree they should go to a playoff, but I don't think Michigan being ranked #2 is ridiculous. If you go by who teams lost to and where they did it, Michigan has clearly played the best season.

    Michigan lost to Ohio State @ #1 Ohio State by a field goal.

    USC lost to Oregon State (unranked) @ Oregon State by 2.

    Florida lost to #11 Auburn by 10 @ Auburn

    Notre Dame got trounced @ home by 26 vs. Michigan

    Taking a look at that, the only 1 loss team that should be in it other than Michigan is USC, and they are. USC beat several more ranked teams than USC, but Michigan is in a tougher conference and lost to a much better team. I'd say that puts them on equal footing as far as their records go. If USC does beat Notre Dame and UCLA though, there's not much doubt they deserve to go to the national championship having beaten 4 ranked teams. So I think the BCS is actually being pretty fair right now.

  6. #6
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    Teason # 1,364 why they just need to go to a playoff format like everyone else does. BCS is just a a bunch of BS
    I agree they should go to a playoff, but I don't think Michigan being ranked #2 is ridiculous. If you go by who teams lost to and where they did it, Michigan has clearly played the best season.

    Michigan lost to Ohio State @ #1 Ohio State by a field goal.

    USC lost to Oregon State (unranked) @ Oregon State by 2.

    Florida lost to #11 Auburn by 10 @ Auburn

    Notre Dame got trounced @ home by 26 vs. Michigan

    Taking a look at that, the only 1 loss team that should be in it other than Michigan is USC, and they are. USC beat several more ranked teams than USC, but Michigan is in a tougher conference and lost to a much better team. I'd say that puts them on equal footing as far as their records go. If USC does beat Notre Dame and UCLA though, there's not much doubt they deserve to go to the national championship having beaten 4 ranked teams. So I think the BCS is actually being pretty fair right now.
    True.

    It is not fair for Mich to dominate all year, barely lose to the #1 team, and then drop.
    They deserve where they are at.

  7. #7
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    It is not fair for Mich to dominate all year, barely lose to the #1 team, and then drop.
    They deserve where they are at.
    It is not fair for Boise State to be unbeaten and only at #11 in the BCS.


    The only fair thing is a playoff.
    Period.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #8
    mr.woo's Avatar
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    yes it seems that ohio stae and michigan are the best two teams and should play in the hampionship. that being said i am not in favor of a rematch. michigan had their shot and it diodnt work out. if there was a gloried playoff the result would be the same. time to bring on all the other teams that want to prove their worth.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

  9. #9
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    I love college football. I would love it even more if they went to a playoff.

    Sorry but just because some team beats another team on any given weekend does not mean they are better then an undefeated team somewhere else.

    Some teams do not match up well with other teams. The way it is now is like they try to rationalize something that can't be. If they had a playoff it would take all the goatshit out of the equation and make for a far more interesting finale.

  10. #10
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: BCS standings out, Michigan still #2...for now!

    I would be much more interested in college ball if it went to a playoff format.
    I don't see it happening though.
    The bowl games are cash cows bringing millions into the universities.
    The nationally televised games bring millions of dollars into town too and subsidize other sports on campus and even some of the academic programs.
    Until they can figure out a way to bring just as much money or more into just as many locations using the playoff scenarios it won't happen.
    Way too much coin involved.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NEW BCS Standings Nov. 25th
    By COJOMAY in forum College Ball
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 09:16 AM
  2. NFC Standings - Week 8
    By snowinapril in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 03:27 PM
  3. Nfc North standings
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 08:11 PM
  4. projected standings
    By greg in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 10:14 AM
  5. Vikings Team Standings
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2002, 02:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •