Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

BCS Championship-Longhorns vs Crimson Tide

For those of you who plan on watching this game keep an eye on Terrence Cody, the nose guard for Alabama. I've seen him play a number of times this past year and he is the guy I have man-love for in the draft. Toss him in there to fill the Phat Pat void once he decides to go to the sidelines and kick Siragusa's ass.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Re:BCS Championship-Longhorns vs Crimson Tide

None of you asshats are watching this game tonight? That only gives you one day left without football before the wildcard games start.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I stopped watching after the injury. Hard to claim them the champs when there is another undefeated team and they played a team without their star QB.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

marstc09 wrote:
    I stopped watching after the injury. Hard to claim them the champs when there is another undefeated team and they played a team without their star QB.
    It's part of the game.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    It's part of the game.
    Yes having two undefeated teams when you could have a playoff is part of the game. Maybe a reason for the lack of interest in this thread.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

marstc09 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    It's part of the game.
    Yes having two undefeated teams when you could have a playoff is part of the game. Maybe a reason for the lack of interest in this thread.
    I'm all for a playoff system, but this could have just as easily have happened with a playoff system in place.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    It's part of the game.
    I'm all for a playoff system, but this could have just as easily have happened with a playoff system in place.
    The injury or the 2 undefeated teams?

Colt McCoy's Unusually Tragic Boyhood Dream Comes True
    osports.com

PASADENA, CA—Following a 37-21 loss to Alabama in which he suffered a game-ending injury just five plays in and was forced to watch the Crimson Tide defense take advantage of his absence, Texas quarterback Colt McCoy told reporters that the heart-breaking defeat fulfilled a depressing dream he has had since he was a boy growing up in New Mexico. "I think every kid, whether he is playing high school football or a pickup game with friends, imagines what it would be like to one day lead your team to the Rose Bowl, stand on the sidelines, and then helplessly watch your team get dismantled on the grandest stage imaginable," said a teary-eyed McCoy, adding that the irony of never missing a game due to injury until the most important game of his life was just icing on the cake. "This was a dreadful storybook ending. I really couldn't ask for more." McCoy added that he plans on fulfilling another of his wretched boyhood dreams by being a bust in the upcoming NFL draft and having a largely disappointing NFL career.