Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Is Anybody Surprised by Hawaii?

They need an 8 team playoff system.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    This site has us drafting Colt Brennan in the 1st round....http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock_Drafts/2008_nfl_mock_draft.htm

Brennan is supremely talented, he has an NFL arm with a quick release and pin point accuracy. He reminds me of Tony Romo, kind of reckless and he will need a year or two to develop, but the rewards could be great. Tarvaris Jackson has been a bust.
    No way would we ever draft Brennan guy even before this game.

The updated today and have us drafting DE, Calais Campbell, Miami:
    The junior Campbell (6' 6" 278 pounds) is expected to declare early. He recorded 12.5 tackles for loss and 7 sacks in 2007. He might go higher due to his potential.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"marstc09" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    This site has us drafting Colt Brennan in the 1st round....http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock_Drafts/2008_nfl_mock_draft.htm

Brennan is supremely talented, he has an NFL arm with a quick release and pin point accuracy. He reminds me of Tony Romo, kind of reckless and he will need a year or two to develop, but the rewards could be great. Tarvaris Jackson has been a bust.
    No way would we ever draft Brennan guy even before this game.

The updated today and have us drafting DE, Calais Campbell, Miami:
    The junior Campbell (6' 6" 278 pounds) is expected to declare early. He recorded 12.5 tackles for loss and 7 sacks in 2007. He might go higher due to his potential.
    Everything I've read about him said he had a really disappointing junior season and his draft stock is falling... sounds like someone the Vikings would definitely draft.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

last nights game wasnt good but to blame brennan or compare him to chang is absurd. he is absolutely 100x times better than chang. he did bad because our offensive tackles suck and remind me of ryan cook and mckinnie getting beat by speed rushers except on every play.

brennan had absolutely no time. im not fond of drafting him but i do see him
    playing in the nfl for a few years at least. no excuses geogia beat hawaii in all phases of the game being bigger and faster. and this is a good geogia team that could have been in the national championchip game.

im all for drafting jason rivers or davone bess thought because they can catch and get yards after the catch unlike troy stone hands williamson. that is all.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I am here to eat some crow. Hawaii sucks and should have never been considered in the National Championship!
    Not only does Hawaii suck but so did Brennan. Who was it here that wanted the Vikings to draft him?
    ;D
    uh hawaii doesnt suck we just got outplayed and played a hot georgia team. like i said o-line is to blame with all those shots he was taking back there and no blocking whatsoever. we are a lot better team than what showed last night even if we did play a weak schedule. but cant blame that no one wants to play hawaii anymore.

michigan state backed out this year, michigan turned us down to play at michigan, texas backed out a few years ago, even purdue didnt want a part with us even though they actually manned up and played us last year. the list goes on and will go on as long as june is the coach here and we have a potent offense.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    They need an 8 team playoff system.
    They need something.
    50 some days between games is a crock of poo

And Georgia in my opninion deserves a shot at that title.

And dont tell me about players needing time for finals and such.
    Other classes do it, and other fall sports at D1 do it.

Championship game in my opinion will tell us nothing

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I am here to eat some crow. Hawaii sucks and should have never been considered in the National Championship!
    Not only does Hawaii suck but so did Brennan. Who was it here that wanted the Vikings to draft him?

;D
    uh hawaii doesnt suck we just got outplayed and played a hot georgia team. like i said o-line is to blame with all those shots he was taking back there and no blocking whatsoever. we are a lot better team than what showed last night even if we did play a weak schedule. but cant blame that no one wants to play hawaii anymore.

michigan state backed out this year, michigan turned us down to play at michigan, texas backed out a few years ago, even purdue didnt want a part with us even though they actually manned up and played us last year. the list goes on and will go on as long as june is the coach here and we have a potent offense.
    LOL!
    That's because those teams did not want a weaker schedule.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    ;D

LOL!
    hahahahaha that was funny

Thanks josdin00

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    ;D

LOL!
    why dont you tell your ad to schedule us and will see if ohio state is man enough to play us cuz im more than confident that we can beat osu. the little ten aint got nothing on the sec esp since we beat a number of little ten teams already.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    Oh the purple glasses are tinted mighty dark aren't they?

Why does everyone want to throw Brennan under the bus so quickly?

Haven't we stuck up for TJ and our other quarterbacks for the past two years when they've been pressured into bad decisions and mistakes? Brennan was sacked EIGHT TIMES in that game and was pressured constantly. It was obvious his offensive line was overmatched by Georgia's defense. So how can we chuck him under the spinning wheels when he had defenders in his face all night and stick up for Tarvaris (or Kelly, or Brooks or Brad last year) when the same situation arises?

IMO, a guy that has the yards, TDs and production that this guy has MUST garner some sort of look. How can we slam a guy for one bad game, when he has DOMINATED teams in his Division I-A conference and still be in support of a quarterback (see Jackson, Tarvaris) that was merely good at a Division I-AA school? How does that work? We say Tarvaris has talent that can develop, yet we have never seen great numbers from him. Then we turn around and say that Brennan will never mature or be any good in the NFL when he has been great in college football for several years.

I am not saying Brennan is the next Joe Montana, but don't look at one game as the barometer for success.
    Hold on little partner.
    I have never....ever been a Brennan guy and have always said they are where they are at because of the teams they play.
    I wasn't referring to you specifically, but it is definitely a sentiment that has been expressed by more than a few of us.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast