tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

ACC Tourney, Baby!!!

PPE got me fired up more than usual this year so I figured I would evaluate who I think is going to win the tourney this year.
    So here goes how I think the ACC will play out this year.

8 vs. 9 - Clemson started out fast 17-0, they stumbled on a turd and fell into this tourney.
    They got great play out of K. C Rivers and James Mays.
    They go against FSU and Anthony Thorton.
    He sadly is playing great on a team that can't get it together until now.
    I think that FSU will be in this game and may even be leading at the end but even if they aren't they will.
    That is because even if it is a close game Clemson can't hit a free throw.
    they couldn't hit water falling out of a boat.
    So unless Clemson has a huge lead they will lose.
    FSU in an upset!

5 vs. 12 - Maryland and D. J. Strawberry are playing the best ball in the ACC.
    This should be a blow out.
    Miami has played terrible and lost three straight to end the season; they are no match for the terps if they play to their potential.
    I would think Maryland will try to run the Hurricanes out of the building.
    Watch Strawberry leak out for dunks often in this game.
    Maryland in a blowout!

7 vs. 10 - Dook can play some nasty defense but they haven't had any clutch shooting as in the past.
    That will keep the game close, NCST has been up and down beating my beloved UNC just about three weeks ago.
    But then they lose several at the end of the season.
    I don't know which team will show up?!?!!?
    My hatred for Dook and my respect for Lowe tells me a close game.
    Based on my belief that NCST will be up for this game and a chance to beat Dook in the ACC tourney. That is something that doesn't come along often and they have a real shot to do it.
    Clutch shots at the end of the game by Brandon Costner and Astur controlling the offense gives NCST
    the edge.
    NCST upset of the week!!

6 vs. 11 - Georgia Teach is playing right there with Maryland and UNC actually beating UNC in Atlanta a week ago.
    Wake Forest is just fresh meat for the Yellow Jackets!!
    Wake Forest has Kyle Visser but he will be overwhelmed by a more complete team.
    I think it will be close in the first half but it shouldn't be a contest with Thadeus Young and Javaris Crittenton running amuck.
    The ACC have great Freshmen this year and two of them are on GT, they should dominate WF in the second half.

Georgia Tech

2nd Round

1 vs. 9 - I think FSU has some talent and if the Tarheels play like they just have to show up to win look for a game.
    I think in the end the deep bench of UNC will pull this one out but look for a scare, Thorton is awesome!!
    UNC makes free throw at the end to seal it!

UNC in a close one
    85-77

4 vs. 5 - This should be the best game of the second round!!
    Two teams with great guard play - B. C. has senior experience.
    Look for Strawberry to try to get out and run again.
    If B. C. is smart and contain him from leaking out they stand a chance.
    I like Jared Dudley for B. C. he has shown he can hit the clutch shot. I just think Maryland is playing better ball.
    They are tougher on the glass and should be able to get out and run.
    Maryland in close one 88-86

2 vs. 10 - Cindarella has just had the slipper put on by the prince. VA does not impress me and I think of all the four top seeds they are the weakest.
    I think Lowe gets the NCST team fired up one more time and make a herculean effort to steal this game away!!
    No analysis just gut feeling about VA and NCST

NCST 76-75

3 vs. 6 - The dynamic duo of Dowdell and Gordon will get it done.
    Seniors with talent playing freshmen with talent is a no brainer.
    Not that Georgie Tech can't win but I like these two guards.
    I have watched them dimantle my Tarheels twice this year and think they will be enough to get by Young & Crittenton.
    VaTech - in a barn burner
    94- 88

3rd Round
    Semi-finals

1 vs. 5 - UNC hopefully learned from the FSU game that you play hard or you go home.
    That shouldn't be an issue anyway as the Tarheels have some payback to give for a regular season loss to the Terps.
    The Terps will try to run but Carolina can run with them.
    The Terps can win this ball game if they clean the glass like they did in the regular season.
    Should be a fun one to watch, this game is a toss up so I always fall on the side of my beloved Tarheels.
    Tarheels in another close one the bench comes through for them Frasor and Ginyard have good games.
    UNC Gets revenge
    94 - 93

3 vs. 10 NCST's Astur will try to control the game but Gordon, Dowdell and Co. are just too much for the overmatched Wolfpack.
    They put up a fight and rebound hard but midway through the second half the game gets out of control!!

Va Tech 87 -69

Championship Round

1 vs. 3 - Va Tech swept the regular season against UNC.
    The games were close UNC losing at home in overtime and close one on the road.
    They were in trouble from the beginning in Blacksburg but did make a game of it. The thing is we are not in Blacksburg and UNC has some unfinished business with the Hokies as well.
    Just like Maryland it is going to be a test of wills both teams are evenly matched.
    While I like the senior leadership for the Hokies I like the UNC bench too.
    Whichever proves sucessful will be the story line.
    I think again a close one and I go with my heart So UNC 84 - 81

There you have it the 2007 ACC tourney in a nutshell!!
    This is the first year in a long time that I can see seven teams with a legitimate shot at winning it all.
    The favorites had better come to play or you will hear teams like NCST, GT, Dook & Maryland going far and maybe winning this thing.
    The only problem I have with those teams is it is very draining playing four games in four days.
    That makes those teams likely to upset someone but unlikely to win it all!!!

Well Carve it up guys but I think if UNC plays the way they can they will be cutting down the nets, BABY!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

TATEone is offline Starter

Re: ACC Tourney, Baby!!!

Sounds good to me
    ;D ;D ;D ;D
    I voluntarily agree to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardize the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in '76.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Wouldn't that make the rest of the ACC happy, seeing Duke get bumped on a Thursday.

If that happens, enjoy it while it lasts, it won't stay that way for long.

I am going to say that Maryland wins this thing.

With my team sitting at the 7th seed, it is difficult to be a homer.

This should be interesting, because this is the first time in a long time that every team in the ACC Tourney, really thinks they have a shot.
    With the Powerhouses have doubts about themselves and the Underdogs having hope, this will definitely be interesting.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Of course you would pick Duke to lose to NC State.
    :

I disagree, because I don't see Duke losing three in a row again and Duke historically plays very well in the ACC tourney. Not saying it can't or won't happen, but I doubt that it will.

I am picking UNC to win the ACC tourney. I think Maryland will give them a run for their money...they really seem to be peaking at the right time and they have been world beaters lately. I still think UNC is too deep and too talented though, and over the course of 40 minutes they will outplay everyone in the ACC.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah...never count out the FLOORSLAPPERS!!!

But I could just as easily see the Wolfpack beating the DOOKIES again.

I do think that the Wolfpack might also be able to beat VA Tech as well...but UNC will still take it all and secure a #1 seed for the Big Dance!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Ltrey - Your position is understandable, Dook has a great chance to win this game.
    They have more talent but NCST has hope.
    They (NCST) have some athletes and they are streaky shooters.
    If they get hot they can beat Dook.
    And Dook does not have Henderson for this game.
    A short bench could spell doom especially with NCST wanting so badly to knock off the Blue Dinkies!!
    And finally my last thought was this game should be close and Dook has choked in every close game this year.
    So there are always upsets in the ACC tourney why not start with Dook!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    Of course you would pick Duke to lose to NC State.
    :

I disagree, because I don't see Duke losing three in a row again and Duke historically plays very well in the ACC tourney. Not saying it can't or won't happen, but I doubt that it will.

I am picking UNC to win the ACC tourney. I think Maryland will give them a run for their money...they really seem to be peaking at the right time and they have been world beaters lately. I still think UNC is too deep and too talented though, and over the course of 40 minutes they will outplay everyone in the ACC.
    DOOK gets spanked!!!!
    AGAIN!!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6549724
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE