Re: 2009 Heisman watch

Clausen will choke

Always does

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Too late.
    I received an email that said President Obama received the Heisman for watching a college football game.
    LMAO!

Actually I read that it was already awarded to an 8th grader that USC offerred a scholarship to.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Went to the game last Saturday and watched Tebow stink it up.
    I really have my doubts that he'll make it in the NFL.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    My biggest problem with Tebow is that it is hard to tell if he has that Winner quality that I believe in so much playing (as he does) with so much other talent around him.
    It was clear that Kyle Orton (or Ben Roethlisberger) had that certain something coming out of college because they were able to elevate inferior teams against superior opponents.
    Tebow has never had to do that at Florida.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    My biggest problem with Tebow is that it is hard to tell if he has that Winner quality that I believe in so much playing (as he does) with so much other talent around him.
    It was clear that Kyle Orton (or Ben Roethlisberger) had that certain something coming out of college because they were able to elevate inferior teams against superior opponents.

=Z=
    He played mississippi state, a suck ass team and was picked off by a freshman twice for TDs.
    They won in spite of him.
    He tries to do the Michael Vick thing and is successful for reasons you mentioned.
    Mississippi State plays the #1 and #2 teams in the nation back to back....what a schedule.

Personally, I love the intensity of college ball and I go to a lot of games just because they are there.
    Most teams have a lot of mismatches at the college level which makes me think that someone as dumb as Mike Tice could be successful as a head coach at the college level if he was coaching at one of the DI schools that get all the recruits.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

=Z=
    He played mississippi state, a suck ass team and was picked off by a freshman twice for TDs.
    They won in spite of him.
    He tries to do the Michael Vick thing and is successful for reasons you mentioned.
    Mississippi State plays the #1 and #2 teams in the nation back to back....what a schedule.

Personally, I love the intensity of college ball and I go to a lot of games just because they are there.
    Most teams have a lot of mismatches at the college level which makes me think that someone as dumb as Mike Tice could be successful as a head coach at the college level if he was coaching at one of the DI schools that get all the recruits.
    So there might be life for Childress after the Vikings after all?

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

I Think Keenum should run away with it, Houston is 7-1, He's 3rd in QB rating, 2nd in completion%, 1st in yds, and has 25 tds' to 5 int's,
    But since they're not high profile he'll get no votes, McCoy is 15/8 in td/int, nothing special, Notre Dame isn't a BCS team, and aren't we all sick of hearing about Tebow?? I doubt he'll even make a NFL team as a QB.
    Just my worthless opinion, don't anyone get offended, or send me mail bombs, I've noticed that some people take some of these comments waaaaaaaaaaaay to seriously <- see that smiley face means I'm not meaning any offense.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

.....TEBOW.....

He leads his team to victory over and over. Florida did not do this before Tebow. He knows the offense, makes game winning plays, and if they get to the National Championship game for the 3rd time in 4 years, he'll undoubtedly have another Heisman. Fortunately for Tebow as well, the competition this year is horrible and no team (undefeated or not) has a player they can put the game on the line for and come out a victor. There's some big stat players out there, but put Tebow in the WAC and I'm sure he could rake in the same 600 yards passing games that Keenum puts up
    Sean Saunders

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Dion Lewis Freshman RB Pittsburgh
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

"CulpepperViking16" wrote:

.....TEBOW.....

He leads his team to victory over and over. Florida did not do this before Tebow. He knows the offense, makes game winning plays, and if they get to the National Championship game for the 3rd time in 4 years, he'll undoubtedly have another Heisman. Fortunately for Tebow as well, the competition this year is horrible and no team (undefeated or not) has a player they can put the game on the line for and come out a victor. There's some big stat players out there, but put Tebow in the WAC and I'm sure he could rake in the same 600 yards passing games that Keenum puts up

Florida's been a national power for way longer than Tebows been there, remember Spurrier? 6 SEC titles before him, and a championship in 96, They averaged 10+ wins all through the 90's, they are a top ten recruiter every year, he's surrounded by blue chip players, I wouldn't give him all the credit, 17 Florida players since 2006 have been drafted by the NFL,
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast