Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: 2008 PP.O March Madness Tournament

I wonder how somebody that picked the favorite in every match up did? I bet pretty well, not a lot of upsets so far.
    Memphis over North Carolina in the final!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Prophet" wrote:
    Bummer that Davidson didn't win on that last minute shot.
    Four #1's in the final four for the first time, ever.
    I guess that shows that the 'experts' only get it right infrequently too.
    +1

I wish they had gotten that shot.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

GALLY is offline Starter

I didn't think it was a very smart play at the end.
    They had been running Curry off of screens all game long.
    They should have gotten the ball to Richards and let him penetrate and kick to either Curry or Barr.

I think they were going for the win (shooting a three) regardless but they should have run their normal offense instead of letting Curry try and create.
    They ended up with a bad shot and not the right guy taking it.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I honestly stopped caring for Davidson after they drew up that horrible last play. They deserved to lose after that. You can't just give the ball to your best player and hope he creates a wide open three, especially against frickin Kansas. There were two occasions when another player was wide open at the top of the three point line, one of those occasions his defender even fell down, and Curry opted to take it for himself despite a very well executed double team. This tells me the coach specifically told curry to take the last shot unless there was no other option (which is why he FINALLY passed it at the end). It's not like Curry was even having a good night. 9/25 shooting... Most any college player can score 25 points when given 25 SHOTS. I understand that he's their star player but c'mon....Poor, poor coaching and execution on the part of Davidson and Curry.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

I knew as soon as Lovedale fouled out Davidson was done. He is their garbageman, and without him Davidson was bound to be outrebounded when they missed outside shots.

And I have to agree with everyone on that last play. The Wifey and I were completely dumbfounded at the end of that game.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I honestly stopped caring for Davidson after they drew up that horrible last play. They deserved to lose after that. You can't just give the ball to your best player and hope he creates a wide open three, especially against frickin Kansas. There were two occasions when another player was wide open at the top of the three point line, one of those occasions his defender even fell down, and Curry opted to take it for himself despite a very well executed double team. This tells me the coach specifically told curry to take the last shot unless there was no other option (which is why he FINALLY passed it at the end). It's not like Curry was even having a good night. 9/25 shooting... Most any college player can score 25 points when given 25 SHOTS. I understand that he's their star player but c'mon....Poor, poor coaching and execution on the part of Davidson and Curry.

Hind site is 20/20. They lost a close game to a superior team, no shame in that.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Hind site is 20/20. They lost a close game to a superior team, no shame in that.
    The fact remains that the coach drew up NOTHING for their final play. I sensed Kansas had the elite 8 jitters after not having made it to the final four under bill self anyways. They should play better in the final four IMO.

GALLY is offline Starter

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Of course there is no shame but they didn't have a good showing at the end.
    It was obvious they only wanted a three when a two would have still given them life.
    I guess the coach didn't feel they had a chance if they went to overtime.

Well, I didn't get to see either game Sunday, but neither one went the way I needed.
    I'm out.
    I'm still rooting for UNC over UCLA, so that I could finish a respectable fourth place.

Only eight possible scenarios left, and only a handful of people that have a chance:

-Cajun wins if UNC wins it all.
    -pro-collegeballers win if Memphis wins it all.
    -Marrdro wins if Kansas beats Memphis in the championship.
    -purpleperson wins if UCLA beats Kansas in the championship.
    -PhillyVikes wins if Kansas beats UCLA in the championship.
    -The Dropper and Ol' Cranky Pants go to the tie-breaker if UCLA beats UNC in the championship.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

"GALLY" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Of course there is no shame but they didn't have a good showing at the end.
    It was obvious they only wanted a three when a two would have still given them life.
    I guess the coach didn't feel they had a chance if they went to overtime.
    Yep, if the basket goes in nobody questions the coach, but it didn't so now it was "poor poor coaching". We don't know what the coach was thinking, he might have expected the defense to do one thing and they did another so the players had to adjust the play. I just don't think you can blame a coach that had an amazing run for one bad play.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast