Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

2007 Heisman winner is Tebow

Tim Tebow, Florida Gators QB. First sophomore to ever win the award. His dad's a pastor.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Re: 2007 Heisman winner is Tebow

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Tim Tebow, Florida Gators QB. First sophomore to ever win the award. His dad's a pastor.
    THANK YOU Tim Tebow for being a Florida Gator!

Gator Chomp!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

He earned it; no doubt.

I just wish he'd hurry up and get to the show and get him the hell out of the SEC

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I just wish he'd hurry up and get to the show and get him the hell out of the SEC
    Do you think his skills will translate to being a good NFL QB, I haven't watched him much and I'm by no means qualified to judge NFL quarterback prospects?

Congrats to him on the Heisman win though, I was pullling for Brennan but Tebow did put up some good numbers and seems like a nice kid with a good head on his shoulders.

"lakehubertviking" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Do you think he'll play in the NFL?
    I didn't watch him much this season, but it seemed like he throws kind of awkwardly and I don't think running a QB draw every other play will work in the NFL.

Congrats to him on the Heisman win though, I was pullling for Brennan but Tebow did put up some good numbers and seems like a decent guy.
    He will make it in the NFL.
    He is the next gen of QBs.
    He is big, strong, fast, and he can throw.

He has a great arm.
    His passes aren't rainbows, they are bullets.

I am wondering how some people felt when he said thank you to god.

This kid is truly amazing and last year before the season even started, I knew this kid would be special.

Thats all people have been talking about since he was in high school.

Thank you Tebow for being a Florida Gator!

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Congratulations to Tim Tebow on the well-earned Heisman. He's a classy guy.

I do think he has a good shot at playing in the NFL. He has good size and he works hard. He also has the leadership intangibles. The only questions in my mind are throwing accuracy, throwing velocity, and ambition to win at the pro level. Maybe Tebow would rather be a preacher than a quarterback. Either way he'll be a great one. He's got the character issue down.

As a running back, it's a given Darren McFadden will play in the NFL. He could even be a big star.

I like both Colt Brennan and Chase Daniel as NFL prospects for the following reasons: they are both intense competitors and they have no quit. Brennan led his team back from a 21-0 deficit against Washington to win in the final game of the season. A comeback win for Brennan is not unusual. Brennan's college numbers are absolutely huge. Daniel is like that, too. The Missouri Tigers just couldn't take Oklahoma and really got out-physical'ed in the Big 12 Championship game. Daniels and Brennan are both driven guys. I'd like to see Daniel play another year at Missouri. Maybe he can lead them to a BCS game.

Go Vikings!

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    Congratulations to Tim Tebow on the well-earned Heisman.

I do think he has a good shot at playing in the NFL. He has good size and he works hard. He also has the leadership intangibles. The only questions in my mind are throwing accuracy, throwing velocity, and ambition to win at the pro level. Maybe Tebow would rather be a preacher than a quarterback. Either way he'll be a great one.

As a running back, it's a given Darren McFadden will play in the NFL. He could even be a big star.

I like both Colt Brennan and Chase Daniel as NFL prospects for the following reasons: they are both intense competitors and they have no quit. Brennan led his team back from a 21-0 deficit against Washington to win in the final game of the season. A comeback win is not unusual. Brennan's college numbers are absolutely huge. Daniels is like that, too. The Missouri Tigers just couldn't take Oklahoma and really got out-physical'ed in the Big 12 Championship game. Daniels and Brennan are both driven guys. I'd like to see Daniel play another year at Missouri. Maybe he can lead them to a BCS game.
    This is true, he might want to be a preacher instead of joining the NFL.
    Whatever he chooses I am behind him 100%.

I really think Tebow is the kind of person you want as a role model. I am so glad he is a Florida Gator!

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    "lakehubertviking" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Do you think he'll play in the NFL?
    I didn't watch him much this season, but it seemed like he throws kind of awkwardly and I don't think running a QB draw every other play will work in the NFL.

Congrats to him on the Heisman win though, I was pullling for Brennan but Tebow did put up some good numbers and seems like a decent guy.
    He will make it in the NFL.
    He is the next gen of QBs.
    He is big, strong, fast, and he can throw.

He has a great arm.
    His passes aren't rainbows, they are bullets.

I am wondering how some people felt when he said thank you to god.

This kid is truly amazing and last year before the season even started, I knew this kid would be special.

Thats all people have been talking about since he was in high school.

Thank you Tebow for being a Florida Gator!

I thought it was awesome personally! It is so powerful to see someone of his ability, and his popularity stand up for what he believes, and stand for what is truly important in his life. GO TEBOW....and i'm a Michigan fan!! He's a person who is playing for the right reason and will make a big difference in this world regardless of what he decided to do.
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Personally I think he was a bit over the top with it all.... dad being a preacher may have that effect on you.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Thats my boy! I've been following his career since high school. He went to Nease high school down here in Florida. I remember word of mouth about this kid. Every school in FL knew about him.Hes a monster. Congrats!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast