Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

20 Florida State Players May Be Suspended From Game

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3159534
    As many as 20 Florida State football players will be suspended from playing against Kentucky in the Dec. 31 Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl, as well as the first three games of the 2008 season, for their roles in an alleged cheating scandal involving an Internet-based course, a source with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday morning.

Florida State officials are expected to announce the results of the investigation this week. The source said university officials determined Monday night the exact number of football players who will be suspended. Federal privacy laws prohibit the school from releasing names.

"We want to make sure that we have complete information, and that we have dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's," said Lee Hinkle, vice president of university relations. "It is premature to say anything at this point."

Coach Bobby Bowden was expected to issue a statement later Tuesday after it was reviewed by Florida State's general counsel.

The source said student-athletes in several other sports also were implicated in the cheating scandal.

The investigation already has led to the resignations of two academic assistance employees who worked with FSU student-athletes. The school revealed in September that as many as 23 student-athletes were given answers before taking tests over the Internet.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: 20 Florida State Players May Be Suspended From Game

Sorry, a bit off topic probably but this cracked me up......

Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

I fully agree with the punishment, but if you're going to put a team like that out on the field shouldn't the team just withdraw from the bowl and let a more deserving team have a chance at winning?

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    As many as 20 Florida State football players will be suspended from playing against Kentucky in the Dec. 31 Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl, as well as the first three games of the 2008 season, for their roles in an alleged cheating scandal involving an Internet-based course, a source with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday morning.

Florida State officials are expected to announce the results of the investigation this week. The source said university officials determined Monday night the exact number of football players who will be suspended. Federal privacy laws prohibit the school from releasing names.

"We want to make sure that we have complete information, and that we have dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's," said Lee Hinkle, vice president of university relations. "It is premature to say anything at this point."

Coach Bobby Bowden was expected to issue a statement later Tuesday after it was reviewed by Florida State's general counsel.

The source said student-athletes in several other sports also were implicated in the cheating scandal.

The investigation already has led to the resignations of two academic assistance employees who worked with FSU student-athletes. The school revealed in September that as many as 23 student-athletes were given answers before taking tests over the Internet.
    Haha Go Noles.... Cheers to you FSU!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I see nothing wrong with them cheating, how else are they going to pass there tests.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Pssh, all college athletes cheat. They're all stupid, even Steve Spurrier agrees
    ;D

I have bad news, there's been a fire at Auburn's football dorm has destroyed 20 books: But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet." Steve Spurrier 1991

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    Pssh, all college athletes cheat. They're all stupid, even Steve Spurrier agrees
    ;D

I have bad news, there's been a fire at Auburn's football dorm has destroyed 20 books: But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet." Steve Spurrier 1991
    Classic quote and one I hadn't heard...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Note to self:
    update playoff pool picks.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    LOL thats funny.

I am going to send that to all my FSU friends.

Cheers to you FSU!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast