Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 162
  1. #41
    shockzilla's Avatar
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    6,204
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Senior Members.. Thoughts!

    Let's just all hold hands and sing "Cumbaya"...

    ;D
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

  2. #42
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Senior Members.. Thoughts!

    "shockzilla" wrote:
    Let's just all hold hands and sing "Cumbaya"...

    ;D
    Can't do that Shock, there are some religious words in that song which would offend many on this site.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  3. #43
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: Senior Members.. Thoughts!

    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    This question just dawned on me.

    Taking my ball and going home.......?

    Why would "I'm leaving" be someones first thought after reading my original post?


    This site has its ebbs and flows, one needs to roll with the site.
    Because what I took out of your post is that if I was called a "jerk" or to "get a life" from a newb, I should just take it in the jiggly butt & move on.

    I won't provoke it, but if it happens to me, I won't just let it slide.

    If your saying I must & it happens to often because newbs will be allowed to do so, I don't have to stay here & take it.

    Keep in mind, PP.O. is also a privilage for the newbs as well.


    Somethings they should be allowed slack in, other things not.
    From what Cojo mentioned, it sounds like it is worse at other places than it is here.
    I wouldn't know, I will take Cojo's word on that.
    I haven't gone looking.

    Now as far as slack, there has been a ton of that given around here, to everyone that is a member.

    I know exactly what post you keep referring to and I know exactly how it was handled. I also know that it has been resolved.
    It was a learning experience for everyone involved including me.
    They have already let it go!
    The one important point I want to pull from that thread, is that when the silent majority starts to speak out in defense of the downtrodden, then that is an opinion that needs to be heard.

    What does one want me to say?
    Really...... Do you think that I am going to say that it is open hunting season toward those posted least?
    Or that we need to start hazing all that post? Or that because one is a HOFer that he automatically demands respect from others?


    **It has and always will be based on respect, the gaining and giving of it.**
    Nope, I would have felt the same way if the tables were turned. To me post count doesn't mean shit, other than defining whether or not a person is a newb. Even that doesn't accurately tell as there are posters here with very few posts that have been around awhile.





    Post count has never impressed me or meen that much to me.
    I still see today, some who have post counts under 1000, but have been here before me even.
    And they are solid and respected members here.
    I"ve also seen members who come here and their post count shots thru the roof, but alot of their post aren't worth squat......







    And let us all not forget, we where all Rookies of the site at one time or other....In my case, I've been a rookie twice....
    ;D






    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  4. #44
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: Senior Members.. Thoughts!

    "V" wrote:

    In my honest opinion, the newb did nothing wrong in that thread. People made a series of sarcastic comments towards him, and then when he showed his frustration, people again lashed out at him. For a random analogy, that is like stabbing a Tiger until he bites your leg off, and then shooting the tiger because he bit your leg off. Don't stab the tiger in the first place.
    First of all, with 335 posts, he is not a newb IMO.

    Secondly, What you are saying is personal attacks are OK if you feel justified, are provoked & are frustrated.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #45
    shockzilla's Avatar
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    6,204
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Senior Members.. Thoughts!

    As a "Senior Member" of this site, I feel everyone has a valid opinion, newb or not. But it is NOT right that anyone, ANYONE, make a personal attack on another. It IS not, and SHOULD NOT be, tolerated under any circumstances. I believe it is anyone's duty who joins this site to learn the rules, know them and follow them. Period.

    Just because someone has more posts than someone else does NOT give them the right to call them a newb, or assume that they know more about football or ANY of that crap.

    That's my two cents. It's football - it's a game. Let's treat it as such and stop bickering.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

  6. #46
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: Senior Members.. Thoughts!

    "shockzilla" wrote:
    As a "Senior Member" of this site, I feel everyone has a valid opinion, newb or not. But it is NOT right that anyone, ANYONE, make a personal attack on another. It IS not, and SHOULD NOT be, tolerated under any circumstances. I believe it is anyone's duty who joins this site to learn the rules, know them and follow them. Period.

    Just because someone has more posts than someone else does NOT give them the right to call them a newb, or assume that they know more about football or ANY of that crap.

    That's my two cents. It's football - it's a game. Let's treat it as such and stop bickering.
    They can about me. I don't know shit when it comes to formations, routes & a lot of terminology that gets used here.

    Hell, I still don't know the difference between a dime back & a nickle back or a safety & a free safety.
    :-\

    I am a football knowledged idiot.


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #47
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Senior Members.. Thoughts!

    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

    That is correct, but not what I see happening here.

    While Marrdro's comment may have been uncalled for & provoked Marstc09, who has been around here long enough, his personal attack on Marrdro was also uncalled for. Plus he refused to appologize for it.

    What I saw transpire, was that Marrdro was instructed to appologize for his post, yet Marstc09 was given a pat on the back for a job well done. By doing so, he was given a license to insult.

    That kind of pooh irks the hell out of me.
    Same here!
    You can say without a doubt that it happened exactly like you say it did?
    Do you know how it really transpired?


    I can say without a doubt that is exactly how I perceive it based on what I know & what I read in that thread. That is what I have to go on & others as well.
    I am saying that isn't how it transpired.
    It is like a game of telephone some pooh got lost in the middle.


    The important part is that marrdro and marstc09 worked it out.

    Now that we have almost entirely made this thread into a review of the thread in question, and we have totally singled out the two involved instead of focusing on the overall point of the original post............

    That thread, not one post in particular is probably one of the most embarassing threads I can recall in a long time.
    Not because two people got upset with each other, but how one was defended simply because he hadn't been around here long enough to understand the madden rating joke.
    One person came to his defense.


    Singer go back and look at your post.
    Nothing was mentioned about the language that dog that was backed into the corner used, only a reference as to how he wasn't suppose to jump down the vets throat.

    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Should we pick up any of these guys? I wouldn't mind Keenan.
    Dude, do you just sit there waiting for someone to get realeased so you can start a thread?

    The "Madden Rating" joke has more than been worn out.
    My use of it isn't so much a slam on Madden the game but rather to posters who can't/don't know that thier is a difference between how the game is played in Madden and how the game is really played in real life.

    Usually they can be identified as starters of threads such as this.
    :
    Hey jerk, what is your roll to just make fun of posts and not make an intelligent one. You obviously have some issues you need to deal with. I feel so sorry for you. Who cares if someone wants to sign him.
    That is their opinion.
    Who do you think you are? Some sort of genius who knows all. Get a life and wake the hell up.
    It is not your world. In my opinion Keenan is worth looking at as well as Tyrone Poole. You do not like it go cry to someone who cares. Our CBs look thin and I think Tyrone would be an ok pickup. As for the Madden comments I am pretty sure they know the difference between the game and real life so get off their backs. Your comment was pointless and me writing this was a waste of my time but necessary.
    Before you jump down someone's throat, you better be gol 'darnit sure you know what the hell you are talking about.

    You haven't been here as long as some of us have. There have been threads in the past started by members who state we should sign certain players because there Madden rating was such & such.

    They based their opinion solely on that rating or they happened to have that player on their Madden team & he was a stud for him so likewise he should be a stud if we signed him.

    That is why there is a standing joke in reference to a prospective players Madden rating.

    Marrdro has been here long enough to see such threads, as have many here, & he is only eluding to that reference.


    I believe you owe the man an appology.
    Touche

    Basically, marstc doesn't deserve an apology because he hasn't been here as long.
    So if his feelings were hurt, it doesn't matter.
    Him understanding the madden joke helps this situation.

    Sometimes it is easier to admit defeat, so I am done.


    Read this and then say "Awwwww we are all great fans."
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=37107.0

  8. #48
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: Senior Members.. Thoughts!

    "snowinapril" wrote:

    Singer go back and look at your post.
    Nothing was mentioned about the language that dog that was backed into the corner used, only a reference as to how he wasn't suppose to jump down the vets throat.
    Guilty as charged.

    I guess I need to be more clearer in my posts as to exactly what I'm refering to so it's better understood or I should just stick to posting articles like Zeus said.

    I'm done here.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #49
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Senior Members.. Thoughts!

    I'm guessing that right about now Singer's PM box is getting stuffed!

    Hang in their Singer, I'd rather be gone than you. You are far too valuable here and I remember when I tried to take over for you one week while you were on vacation I got slammed aplenty.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  10. #50
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Senior Members.. Thoughts!

    This has become a very strange thread, but none the less very fun and eyeopening.

    The first thing I have learned from this is, that there are actual people out there behind the keyboards, and you're not all part of my imagination.


    For the more serious part, I took the following from the original post by SIA:

    - The season is upon us, expect more new members to chime in soon.
    - The Mod-group would like to remind us that we should be aware that new members not know the ropes initially here, and we should take it upon ourselves to get into the football discussions with a positive attitude so we get more qualified posters around here, and don't drive out kids, who could learn to become contributors to the site, with our weapons of choice (for some it's the sniper rifle, other chose the M60).

    Does that mean that the Mods say that if we get ripped on, we should bend over and ask for more shots in the tailpipe? Not at all. The same rules as normal applies around here, and if there is one thing that I have understood about PP.O, then it would be that people will end up being paid back in spades, if they keep on ignoring the rules of the site or general netiquette, all sanctioned by Webby and his staff.

    I look forward to a good season. To a little friendly trash talking with posters from opposing teams. To seeing new people around these parts. To qualified and heated football discussions. And if I have to rip of some heads, I'll go for the more experienced posters first.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The New PP.O (to senior members and anyone else)
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 12:21 AM
  2. Senior members - those you just hate
    By cogitans in forum Hall of Famers Speak
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 05:11 AM
  3. Senior members
    By cogitans in forum Hall of Famers Speak
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 04:42 PM
  4. Senior Bowl 2006
    By vikesoto in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2006, 03:45 AM
  5. Senior Pix...
    By V4L in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 04:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •