Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Senior Members.. Thoughts!

as long as trolls are open for hunting.. i'm sure most of the core here are straight up with newcommers, newbs, and those once in a great while posters.

now.. if someone makes a boneheaded comment.. i'm sure there will be a reply for boneheads..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

If the 'let's hold hands' crowd takes over the site there is no reason to be here.
    One of the reasons this site is palatable compared to the thousands of other NFL sites is because people don't get by with posting complete crap that is unsupported.
    That is one of the reasons this site rises above the ashes of other sites.

If a newb isn't capable of seeing the different personalities on the site...and if they are born without a spine and with a fragile ego....maybe they can find another site.
    You will have to ban me before I quit ripping on idiotic posts.

I expect people to do the same to me.
    If I post crap that is pulled out of my ass, call me on it.
    People that are knowledgeable about the game and not afraid to call someone out are the type of people that make this site better, not worse.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"digital420" wrote:
    as long as trolls are open for hunting.. i'm sure most of the core here are straight up with newcommers, newbs, and those once in a great while posters.

now.. if someone makes a boneheaded comment.. i'm sure there will be a reply for boneheads..

DiGiTaL
    Nope, that is what he's saying. Respect him for his opinion whether the comment is bone-headed or not.

In other words, walk on egg shells around the newbs.

If a newb calling a member here a jerk & telling him to get a life is allowed without ramification, whether he feels justified or not, I'll be looking for a new site to post the news on.

SIA's same thoughts should apply to the newbs as well as senior members.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I don't consider myself on par with some of you "Senior Members" but thought I should inject something here as I kindof feel responsible for this thread.

I for one have changed my approach a bit. I am going to try to be a bit more patient when it comes to blatently wacking on a guy/gal for making dumb posts.
    Heck, some of you have been very patient with my thoughts and views over the last year or so.

With that said however, I gotta agree with Prophet and don't believe they should be given a free pass to run rampant.
    The credibility of posts and discussions normally found on this site are what make it great and is the reason I choose to support PPO not only with my thoughts but funds as well.

If for some reason, such posters continue to make points that are senseless or just plain in there to cause hate and discontent I believe the old me will have to come out.
    Almost a 3 strikes and your out kindof approach.

For that I will not apologize.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I don't consider myself on par with some of you "Senior Members" but thought I should inject something here as I kindof feel responsible for this thread.

I for one have changed my approach a bit. I am going to try to be a bit more patient when it comes to blatently wacking on a guy/gal for making dumb posts.
    Heck, some of you have been very patient with my thoughts and views over the last year or so.

With that said however, I gotta agree with Prophet and don't believe they should be given a free pass to run rampant.
    The credibility of posts and discussions normally found on this site are what make it great and is the reason I choose to support PPO not only with my thoughts but funds as well.

If for some reason, such posters continue to make points that are senseless or just plain in there to cause hate and discontent I believe the old me will have to come out.

How many strikes am I down to on your scorecard Marrdro?
    :-

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:-\
    None my friend. In fact everyone starts with a clean slate.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:-\
    None my friend. In fact everyone starts with a clean slate.

;D
    Holy Shit! I was down to none? Good thing you're wiping the slate clean.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"singersp" wrote:
    So... if a newb calls a senior member a jerk & tells him to get a life, we should let it slide.

Gottcha!

I thought personal attacks weren't allowed here?

I hope the newb at least got a PM reminding him of that rule.

No, I think Snow is talking about when a newb comes and posts an independant thought.
    Lets say they post about how good we were when we hand Randy and now we suck at WR.
    You gotta admit that newb would get hammered by members and then smacked with the crotch sniffer picture all because it has been hashed and rehashed here at PP.O for years.
    It's not fair for them and you cannot expect a newb to sign up and read through all the threads to know what is going on.

And the newbs who come in with less than perfect netiquette.
    Don't want to see them get hammered right of the rip.

Now, I am not saying I am perfect with this and I have not always been the best dude around here.
    If a newb comes and posts all the place I usually send them a PM with some tips and such.
    If they totally disregard then the heat gets stepped up.

When a newb gets backed into a corner by the veterans around here you cannot blame them for calling a vet a jerk and to get a life (cause they see 3,854,848,731 posts of that member).

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    So... if a newb calls a senior member a jerk & tells him to get a life, we should let it slide.

Gottcha!

I thought personal attacks weren't allowed here?

I hope the newb at least got a PM reminding him of that rule.

No, I think Snow is talking about when a newb comes and posts an independant thought.
    Lets say they post about how good we were when we hand Randy and now we suck at WR.
    You gotta admit that newb would get hammered by members and then smacked with the crotch sniffer picture all because it has been hashed and rehashed here at PP.O for years.
    It's not fair for them and you cannot expect a newb to sign up and read through all the threads to know what is going on.

And the newbs who come in with less than perfect netiquette.
    Don't want to see them get hammered right of the rip.

Now, I am not saying I am perfect with this and I have not always been the best dude around here.
    If a newb comes and posts all the place I usually send them a PM with some tips and such.
    If they totally disregard then the heat gets stepped up.

When a newb gets backed into a corner by the veterans around here you cannot blame them for calling a vet a jerk and to get a life (cause they see 3,854,848,731 posts of that member).

I couldn't agree more.

Have you ever thought why there's only 30+ or so really active members out of 7,000??

It can be intimidating enough to be a new guy (or girl) . . . and then to get hammered with an opinion because an "older" member is tired of hearing about that topic is a bit of an "elitist" mentality.

If you don't like the topic or are tired of the post . . . ignore it.
    It'll go away very quickly.

I've been here since December of 2003 and I see a lot of rehashed topics and things that make me roll my eyes.
    I try to not make a personal attack on the person, and ignore it.

Perhaps this is why my post count is so low, but I've got more important things to do than increase my post count by belittling someone else.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

That's where we disagree. A newb should still be held to the same accountability for personal attacks, just like senior members. They should not be an exception to this rule.

They can still make their point tactfully & using netiquitte.

Repeated threads & duplicate articles I can understand.

A lot of the so called "Newbs" may be a nrwb to this site, but that doesn't mean they are a newb to forums such as this. Most forums have the same basic rules.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast