Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Senior Members.. Thoughts!

"singersp" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    How about now?! Can we let loose on a few idiots now?! I am pissed about all these garbage posts about benching Jackson and stuff and yet I feel like I can't do much about it. Knowing myself I couldn't control myself. I am really sick of all these posts that are going around.

I am done with PP.O for a while. Just reading some of these posts makes me sick to my stomach. I will be back when all the stupidity stops going around and all the haters retreat back to their caves.
    Let it rip!
    To gol 'darnit many...can I have ban authority for 5 minutes?
    5 minutes isn't a lot of time. Do you have a particular pecking order?
    Not really, but I do have one newb in mind right now.
    Anyways, I am out.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    LOL! I must have been snuck in here by Webby sometime...I'm nowhere near a HoF'er...but I've been here a hell of a long time, I'm very honored to be included here.
    I was wondering the same thing ???

I'm exercising my ass by doing flexing exercises while typing. Prophet 3:42pm March 16, 2007
    "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." Mike Ditka

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"countrygirl" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    LOL! I must have been snuck in here by Webby sometime...I'm nowhere near a HoF'er...but I've been here a hell of a long time, I'm very honored to be included here.
    I think Webby takes into account contribution as well as post count. It's easy to rack up 1250 posts, but you guys post quality over quantity and are a good part of the community.

Either that, or he made a mistake.
    :P

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"countrygirl" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    You're always an exception to the rule CG.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "countrygirl" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    I think Webby takes into account contribution as well as post count. It's easy to rack up 1250 posts, but you guys post quality over quantity and are a good part of the community.

Either that, or he made a mistake.
    :P
    You donate you get priviledges.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"davike" wrote:
    How about now?! Can we let loose on a few idiots now?! I am pissed about all these garbage posts about benching Jackson and stuff and yet I feel like I can't do much about it. Knowing myself I couldn't control myself. I am really sick of all these posts that are going around.

I am done with PP.O for a while. Just reading some of these posts makes me sick to my stomach. I will be back when all the stupidity stops going around and all the haters retreat back to their caves.
    Stick around my friend.

They are only on here to stir the pot and create hate and discontent.
    If the good posters start leaving the site then they win.

Again, stick around and fight the good fight my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Darn youngin's have no patience.... This is a up and coming team, and I'm still very excited about watching this team come together. I read through some long threads full of venom, and being a fan since the 69/70 season, have seen some good and bad Viking teams, and have certainly experienced some losses that were painful. This was a division game early in the season and we will rebound nicely. Stay true to my team. I really believe we are going to be special by the end of the season.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Senior Members,

I have a few thoughts to put out there as we head into this new season, 2007.
    I think that it is important to remember that things are going to heat up around here as the season starts and the Ws and Ls start to add up.
    There will be heated conversations and many differing opinions flying around.
    As senior members, let's remember to keep our cool and level heads wherever possible in the heat of the battle.
    This is what I meant, the L finally dropped and we got a ton of negativity in the posts (and a ton of worthless reading).
    Which is normal.
    We also got the newbs that start coming in here looking for reassurance that the sky is not going to fall.
    They post crap and they want to hear that everything is going to be fine.
    It goes the other way too. If we would ahve won, it would have been the same tripe, just a different tone, boasting posting.

The other thing is that as Senior "wise" Members (opposite of units), let's show everyone the respect they deserve.
    Let us try to be more articulate and explain ourselves instead of using sarcasm and one liners to belittle other members.
    OK, the key word, is deserve.
    If a post (not the poster) doesn't deserve respect, rip it a good one.
    I want to rescind my comment on sarcasm. LOL!
    Just remember to use a minimum of 2 lines of it. JK!
    Being articulate is always good, when possible that is.

Oh, the classic line used against the NFL TURD watch list also applies here.
    "It is a privilege to play in the NFL so the 'turd' better start realizing it."
    It is also a privilege to post here at PPO, so we need to start realizing it.
    "They" need to realize it too. Not trying to cause an "Us against Them" mentality.
    Most people that come here should be assumed to be Us or at least with Us until they prove themselves otherwise.

We don't need to be teaching Sunday school, we just need to set good examples for others to follow.
    It is alright to waiver, it is how we handle the situation that counts.
    This was and is still the most important part.
    It is alright to make a mistake as long as your intentions are good.

In short, the whole point of the original paragraph was just a heads up to game plan before the real game started. Well, GAME ON!
    Now it is time to pull out your Michael Jordan game face and play ball.
    Stop being so timid over this thread and just play the game, just do your best to win (the good fight) without tainting your accomplishments (Belichick).

davike, my suggestion is that if what you are reading upsets you, read less.
    Don't leave!
    It happens to all of us.
    The newbs have to crawl before they can walk and they need to walk before they can run.
    They are going to fall down a lot (sometimes bringing us down with them) and we pick them up when we can.
    It can get tiresome.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"davike" wrote:

DUDE!

Stick around, man... We need as many non-trolls here as possible, or we will be overrun for sure.

The losses hurt, and the stupidity doesn't help, but just wait till we win again. Things will get better.
    -Sno

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"countrygirl" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    Probably it's the Diamond Supporter button.

'Course, for you, CG, it's probably just because yer cool.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast