Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 94

Thread: Senior members

  1. #31
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Senior members

    I know everyone is upset but I have to say this, I met a lot of cool people this year. This site is the reason for it. We should do everything in our power to make sure this site gains more people who voice their opinion. I am looking forward to meeting more Vikings fans because it gets lonely talking Vikings in Packer country.

  2. #32
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Senior members

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    It has been an emotional roller coaster that has finally come to an end.

    Highs and lows, most recently, we had the chance to make the playoffs and the "rush" of excitement is over and now it is just a downer with nothing to look forward to until the draft 120 days or so away.

    People willing to do anything to score some smack (rush) or ready to jump off the ledge to commit PPO suicide.

    Highs and lows.

    Honestly, I thought the season was a positive and it is good to thwart the negativity with positive aspects of the season.

    EJ, McCauley, Williams and Williams, Rice, AD, even TJ (when he gets out from the Chilly thumb) are positives.
    I am sure I have left out a few others.

    Fight the good fight!!!
    It's too bad the idiots don't do that instead of the good ones.
    BLV,

    BTW, thanks for bringing this thread back.

    SIA
    Not a problem, I thought it was necessary after I saw singer's post in the good bad and ugly thread.
    Singer is right, this place isn't as much fun as it used to be....I know a lot of it has to with people being pissed off with losing, and I also feel that the site has gotten too big and it's not the tight knit place it it used to be....We will be seeing a lot more of the members that were here everyday not here as much or not at all.
    Just my opionion, and I hope I'm wrong.

  3. #33
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Senior members

    You are absolutely right BLV. Some of our best posters are dropping because of digging comments and jabs. And there will be more dropping out in the future. I'm sure Webby will be addressing the problem in the near future.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  4. #34
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Senior members

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    You are absolutely right BLV. Some of our best posters are dropping because of digging comments and jabs. And there will be more in the future. I'm sure Webby will be addressing the problem in the near future.
    Some of it is personel and family issues why they left, but I know alot of it is the comments....here is A list of the one's who we don't see anymore or hardly at all who made the site fun

    Del Rio
    Prophet
    WBLvikebabe
    DCPologirl
    6-kings
    cajun
    possibly singer

    This is just a few, I'm sure there are more that people remember...and there will be more unless things change

  5. #35
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Senior members

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    It has been an emotional roller coaster that has finally come to an end.

    Highs and lows, most recently, we had the chance to make the playoffs and the "rush" of excitement is over and now it is just a downer with nothing to look forward to until the draft 120 days or so away.

    People willing to do anything to score some smack (rush) or ready to jump off the ledge to commit PPO suicide.

    Highs and lows.

    Honestly, I thought the season was a positive and it is good to thwart the negativity with positive aspects of the season.

    EJ, McCauley, Williams and Williams, Rice, AD, even TJ (when he gets out from the Chilly thumb) are positives.
    I am sure I have left out a few others.

    Fight the good fight!!!
    It's too bad the idiots don't do that instead of the good ones.
    BLV,

    BTW, thanks for bringing this thread back.

    SIA
    Not a problem, I thought it was necessary after I saw singer's post in the good bad and ugly thread.
    Singer is right, this place isn't as much fun as it used to be....I know a lot of it has to with people being pissed off with losing, and I also feel that the site has gotten too big and it's not the tight knit place it it used to be....We will be seeing a lot more of the members that were here everyday not here as much or not at all.
    Just my opionion, and I hope I'm wrong.
    I haven't been around here as much, mostly because of the schedule of work and travels, but I have felt the size of this site and the affects it has had.
    It is a lot of effort trying to voice opinions with the number of people that have differing opinions.
    It is also difficult to keep a train of thought in a thread with so many opinions and the direction changing as it does.


    After all, this is the internet, and it isn't one's home, we are all visitors.
    This place is going to change over and over again.
    Adapting is a key component to sticking around here.
    PPO after all is definitely a place for socializing.

  6. #36
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Senior members

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    You are absolutely right BLV. Some of our best posters are dropping because of digging comments and jabs. And there will be more in the future. I'm sure Webby will be addressing the problem in the near future.
    Some of it is personel and family issues why they left, but I know alot of it is the comments....here is A list of the one's who we don't see anymore or hardly at all who made the site fun

    Del Rio
    Prophet
    WBLvikebabe
    DCPologirl
    6-kings
    cajun
    possibly singer

    This is just a few, I'm sure there are more that people remember...and there will be more unless things change
    I am not going to make a list, but there are some newbs in the last year that one has to be thankful for.

    Like I said thing will evolve.
    It may be uncomfortable thinking that these fine members on the list above are no longer here, but it is always their choice that they left.

  7. #37
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Senior members

    I guess I never really considered myseldf a senior memeber but I will give my own 2 cents. I cam eto this site from KFAN. I was belive it or not actually a mod for them. I tried desperatly to make the forum run smoothly but They felt that 30 Moss and Culpepper threads were ok even though they were no lobger with the team. They thought that the constant bashing name calling, multiple posting and threads that had nothing to do the Vikings
    was Ok, and that I was a "nazi" for trying to crack down on it ans have things go so that more peopel and the good posters would not leave. So I finally gave up and left the site all together. I was looking for a site that I could talk Vikings and without all of the BS. Tried one site that is no longer in exsistance(thank God) that was almost like a cult and had very few posters on it. and a couple of others I would peek in on and I actually found this site by accident. I for one am glad I did. I have dissagreed, and I know people have with me Especiall on TJ , But I also cannot see myself anywhere else. I tghink what has ahappened is that we get people from those other sites that see those sort of things and think that it s the norm for how you behave on sites. So unfortunatly it has come here. I will take full responsibility if the whole T-Joke thing has contributed to it as well. And for that I will stop. I will not chnage my opinion on him for now but I will control how I go about expressing it. Which brings up a good point about policing ourselves. That would help and most of us do a good job I think.

    Solutions? again just my 2 cents, the Mods do a great job, But I really only see Shock and Ultra here on a regular basis. Not at all saying the others don't do a good job, but when I see most of the threads that are locked or moved it is usually by Ultra followed by Shock. They however can't catch everything.

    This is a great site, and i love being here I hjave had the pleasure of meeting
    some great people both here and in person as well. But when great people and posters start leaving I hope that there is a wake up call to all of us that we can all do things, not just the Mods to make it, and continue to be hands down the best Viking site around.

  8. #38
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,782
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Senior members

    Unfortunately people will come and go and always remember that we were all newbs here at some time. Luckily we didn't all get jumped over else the site wouldn't be here and running with the features that Webby has provided.

    One blessing is that while it is here then people will have the option to come back and we will gain other good posters in the future as well.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  9. #39
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Senior members

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    You are absolutely right BLV. Some of our best posters are dropping because of digging comments and jabs. And there will be more in the future. I'm sure Webby will be addressing the problem in the near future.
    Some of it is personel and family issues why they left, but I know alot of it is the comments....here is A list of the one's who we don't see anymore or hardly at all who made the site fun

    Del Rio
    Prophet
    WBLvikebabe
    DCPologirl
    6-kings
    cajun
    possibly singer

    This is just a few, I'm sure there are more that people remember...and there will be more unless things change
    There is a lot of personality on that list.
    These days it seems like everytime I get on the boards, I end up getting pissed because one member or another is bound to make a smartass response to something said.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  10. #40
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,500

    Re: Senior members

    Possibly Singer? Is Singer gone? He just had his own recognition thread... What happened?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The New PP.O (to senior members and anyone else)
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 12:21 AM
  2. Senior members - those you just hate
    By cogitans in forum Hall of Famers Speak
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 05:11 AM
  3. Senior Members.. Thoughts!
    By snowinapril in forum Hall of Famers Speak
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 02:31 PM
  4. Senior Bowl Thread!
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-30-2006, 11:10 PM
  5. Senior Pix...
    By V4L in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 04:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •