Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior members

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Senior members

Ok, I'm sorry this thread had to be closed because of idiocy

I'm bringing back these important issues

As senior members please remember:

As long time members of PP.O, we should all be proud of what this site has to offer for Vikings fans world wide. This also means that as members join the site as the season goes along, we should be the first to welcome them to our site.

Sure all of them will not be Del Rio, and all of them will not be what it is you pray for in a new member when you go to bed at night.

All that said, what we really want here, is for all that preach purple, to be welcome around here, so please just try to make any new members welcome, and lets try to expand this community if we can.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Senior members

Thanks Cogs!

Good Idea!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Thanks Cogs!

Good Idea!
    You're the man SIA, you made this entire thread happen

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Thank you for the reminder cogs, every once in awhile we all need a swift kick in the head

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thank you.
    I have tolerated this as long as I can but lines are getting crossed too often and no restraint or rememberance of the golden rule to treat others like you wish to be treated.
    I will continue to lock and remove assinine threads.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cogitans" wrote:

As long time members of PP.O, we should all be proud of what this site has to offer for Vikings fans world wide. This also means that as members join the site as the season goes along, we should be the first to welcome them to our site.

Sure all of them will not be Del Rio, and all of them will not be what it is you pray for in a new member when you go to bed at night.

All that said, what we really want here, is for all that preach purple, to be welcome around here, so please just try to make any new members welcome, and lets try to expand this community if we can.
    We have always been welcoming to new members.

I think the biggest problem lately has been veteran members vs. veteran members.
    To get respect you have to show respect.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

I think the biggest problem lately has been veteran members vs. veteran members.
    I have no problem with that. I mainly wanted to continue SIA's thread, which main focus were to remind us all to welcome the new members the best that we can.

The old veteran vs. veteran issues, we'd try to tackle as they come along. Or should I say, the mods/admins will

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cogitans" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

I have no problem with that. I mainly wanted to continue SIA's thread, which main focus were to remind us all to welcome the new members the best that we can.

The old veteran vs. veteran issues, we'd try to tackle as they come along. Or should I say, the mods/admins will
    And tackling them we have.
    As Senior members we need to be able to police ourselves.
    If it comes to mods/admins having to step in then nobody is having fun.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

And tackling them we have.
    As Senior members we need to be able to police ourselves.
    If it comes to mods/admins having to step in then nobody is having fun.
    I were actually writing a long response to this one. Then I realized, that I'm not actually sure what issues that were being refered to.

There's been a few locked threads.

I'm pretty certain that I have stepped over the line in terms of political threads this time, but I thought that I were just getting my action on what I deemed as pretty exciting on these threads.

I'm not sure if this is actually what should be discussed here, in terms of being gentle to new comers.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The only thing you need to consider is this:

as a senior member, remember when you started.
    If your first few posts you were repeatedly blasted and talked down to, would you be a senior member now?

We have a new generation of newbies, and many of the old timers are reaching senior status.

This is my time to implore you remember that you can help make or break newbies.
    Its not a power, it is a choice to be welcome your fellow fans into the fold and help them with the rules of the land.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast