Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: For Our Site Leaders

We need a good political thread to get the forums settled down.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:

YEAH!!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

YEAH!!!!!
    I just voted on my absentee ballot yesterday ... Republicans are now officially over here in FL !!!!!

;D
    (i kid, i kid ... but seriously, they are DONE !!!)

We should be allowed Political threads in the HOF area .... Any thoughts??

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

YEAH!!!!!
    I just voted on my absentee ballot yesterday ... Republicans are now officially over here in FL !!!!!

;D

(i kid, i kid ... but seriously, they are DONE !!!)

We should be allowed Political threads in the HOF area .... Any thoughts??
    YEAH!!!!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

On the new forums, see today's posts and searches are way more intuitive too, i think, plus in any thread you can hyper jump to the newest post, etc....
    you can filter a thread...tools.

that could be a help too??

only if they care to use it too I guess.

"Webby" wrote:
    On the new forums, see today's posts and searches are way more intuitive too, i think, plus in any thread you can hyper jump to the newest post, etc....
    you can filter a thread...tools.

that could be a help too??

only if they care to use it too I guess.
    I still can't see the new forum stuff, Webby.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Well how many HOFers do we have and how many have posted? Not very many, either they haven't seen it or they don't give a pooh.

What is this talk about there will never be another Del Rio or Cajun or whatever, where do those people come from? We weren't born with the site. People come on here all the time and slide right into the mainstream.

I said it Del.. I meant that you're status on this site will never be matched.. Sure, some may end up passing you guys in posts someday, but they will never take away from you're status here.. Members like Cajun, Singers, Ned, Ultra, and yourself have a piece on this site forever.. It wasn't meant as a slap in the face, it should have been taken as a compliment..

No I didnt take it like that. What I am saying is there will always be people making a name for themselves. I was here before singer and Ned, and others and people are making names for themselves all the time.

I need to step back and punch myself in the face for saying make a name for themselves on the INTERNET.

Cool... The last thing I would want is to step on the toes of the members that make this site what it is.. I see alot of members making a name for themselves everyday, but I believe that it goes unseen more times then not.. I respect all of you guys and girls that make this a great site, I just think that there is alot of favortism here, and that is not right.. Webby has the right to do whatever he wants with this site, afterall, he is the one that started it, and keeps it going..

I don't want to call anyone out on this, but here is an example.. A while ago, there was a discussion on titles under your screen name.. When I was asking about them, it was mistaken that I was asking for one.. Then I was told that the only way you get one is if you stand out, but if you ask for one, it will take you forever to get one.. I have seen members on here that have been a member forever, however have very little post counts but have a special title.. Now my question is, how do they stand out? If they are never posting, how do they make a name for themselves? They don't, that is where I believe favortism plays a role.. Please don't think I am the only one that thinks this, because I have had several discussions with other members on this subject that think the same thing as I do..

All I am saying is that it would be nice for everyone to be treated the same regardless of how many posts you have.. If a newbie comes on here and acts like a dipshit, then I don't want to hear from them again, but if a newbie comes here and has good input and presents himself good, then I will treat him or her like I would say a Cajun, or Webby.. I realize that I will probably get scolded for this post, but I am just laying my thought out there.. Again, sorry if I offended anyone..

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    The ONLY time that a member should be slammed for a duplicate thread is if the same exact article is posted on the same day...it is WAY TOO EASY to search the day's posts to see if a new article has already been posted...and that happens alot sometimes!
    It just shows that someone is being extremely lazy about looking.

Posting new threads on recurring topics is understandable IMHO...sometimes you have a new take on an old topic...and it can be justifiable to start a new thread to discuss it.
    Nor do I have a problem with NEWBIES asking about Moss or Pep...it gives us vets a chance to educate them as to how the board operates...as long as it is done gently of course!
    You bring up an interesting observation my weathered friend.

Yes, posting on recurring topics is understandable and most of the time left alone.

Here is what I have seen, not a lot, but have seen and 99% of the time it is from a member that rarely comes to the site.
    They rush in and post an article like, "Brads wants more money" and then they leave.
    Now, about 3 threads below theirs is a thread titled "Brad not happy about pay".
    Is it too much to ask for someone to look?
    I see this so much!
    Ask webby, I have told him that bugs the piss out of me.
    I can it and "post and run."
    Its lazy and disresprectful.

Another thing that I have made a huge push for is that the title of the thread reflects what the thread is about.
    Because it is not fair for someone to come in with an article called "Brad not happy with line" and look around and see nothing.
    They post it and get Bill Murray'd right off the bat.
    What they did not know is that this article was in a thread titled "Here we go again".
    Thats just not fair and I know many of you have seen me lay reminders out there most of the members change the title.

A lot of the time it is not newbs making the Moss threads but people who have been around for a few months.
    People think that what they have to say is 10x more important and need their own thread for the same ideas thats already out there.
    They are essentially saying "Look at me, I am smarter and better than you posers".

I have made stickys to help people and give them tips on how to search out an article.
    The asshat that was finally banned last week posted the article about Moss admitting to pot from a year ago and claimed it was breaking news.

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Well how many HOFers do we have and how many have posted? Not very many, either they haven't seen it or they don't give a pooh.

What is this talk about there will never be another Del Rio or Cajun or whatever, where do those people come from? We weren't born with the site. People come on here all the time and slide right into the mainstream.

I said it Del.. I meant that you're status on this site will never be matched.. Sure, some may end up passing you guys in posts someday, but they will never take away from you're status here.. Members like Cajun, Singers, Ned, Ultra, and yourself have a piece on this site forever.. It wasn't meant as a slap in the face, it should have been taken as a compliment..

No I didnt take it like that. What I am saying is there will always be people making a name for themselves. I was here before singer and Ned, and others and people are making names for themselves all the time.

I need to step back and punch myself in the face for saying make a name for themselves on the INTERNET.

Cool... The last thing I would want is to step on the toes of the members that make this site what it is.. I see alot of members making a name for themselves everyday, but I believe that it goes unseen more times then not.. I respect all of you guys and girls that make this a great site, I just think that there is alot of favortism here, and that is not right.. Webby has the right to do whatever he wants with this site, afterall, he is the one that started it, and keeps it going..

I don't want to call anyone out on this, but here is an example.. A while ago, there was a discussion on titles under your screen name.. When I was asking about them, it was mistaken that I was asking for one.. Then I was told that the only way you get one is if you stand out, but if you ask for one, it will take you forever to get one.. I have seen members on here that have been a member forever, however have very little post counts but have a special title.. Now my question is, how do they stand out? If they are never posting, how do they make a name for themselves? They don't, that is where I believe favortism plays a role.. Please don't think I am the only one that thinks this, because I have had several discussions with other members on this subject that think the same thing as I do..

All I am saying is that it would be nice for everyone to be treated the same regardless of how many posts you have.. If a newbie comes on here and acts like a dipshit, then I don't want to hear from them again, but if a newbie comes here and has good input and presents himself good, then I will treat him or her like I would say a Cajun, or Webby.. I realize that I will probably get scolded for this post, but I am just laying my thought out there.. Again, sorry if I offended anyone..
    You are correct about the titles...but those titles are not a God-given right...they are a Webby-given right.
    It is the ONE thing that he exercises control over here...and there is no doubt that he indulges in them on a whimsical basis...and he doles them out as the mood strikes him.
    BUT SO WHAT?
    It is his right as the owner of the site...and this isn't meant to be a knock on you, man, or anyone else...it is just the way it is.
    Not having a title doesn't make you any less in anyone's eyes here...it is just something that Webby has fun with.
    It's not favoritism...it is just how things evolve sometimes.
    Some of my favorite people here don't have unique titles...or took forever to get them.
    Does it matter to me?
    Heck no...it is just the way it is.
    Is there a clique or cliques here?
    Maybe so...but they have evolved over a long period of time due to the familiarity that each member has with each other.
    Are those cliques exclusive?
    Heck no...new people gain access to certain groups of friends all the time.
    How do they do it?
    By POSTING...and then POSTING SOME MORE!!!
    Not so much quantity as quality.
    Like all things, if you want to belong, you gotta make yourself endearing to those who are the most popular.
    The GOOD thing about here is that popularity is NOT based on LOOKS (well, maybe the women a little bit), but it is based on WIT and KNOWLEDGE and all those things that make up our distinct personalities.
    At least that is how I see it...

The problem with the unique titles is that they are hard to give unless the poster opens up his personality (no mean feat) to us all and bares a part of his or her soul so that we can see something unique about that person.
    When a poster does that, he or she leaves themself open to criticisms or ridicule...but it also lets Webby see a unique characteristic of that person...which then spurs him to dub them by a unique title...see where this is going.

The bottom line is this...keep on posting...and all good things will come!

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

sorry to post a little late, but here is my 2 cents.

im pretty sure i read this earlier, but i'll restate it. one thing that gets on my nerves is the lack of vikings (or at least quality) news, not only in the latest talk, but the vikes fan forum as well. for example singer or whoever posts a few good articles, and every now and then a decent thread or thought comes up. then you have....(actually putting articles from the latest talk)

2.A's manager fired
    3. VOTE x9
    4.prophet quit
    5.men
    6. new guy
    8. women
    9. pick up nate clements (bills), dump Smoot!!!

the clubhouse seems to dominate the main bulk of posts it seems lately. again it has a sense of community though, but IMO it's gotten out of hand lately.

about the articles and COJOs predicament, i personally like all the articles that are circulated, i would miss most if they were elsewhere. its hard when everyone rushes to post an article and then theres 4 diffrent threads on the same topic w/in 4 seconds of each other. frustrating to those who are slammed for posting an article twice. just a polite DELETE from a mod would be nice. itd probably be best to not even present a chance to create tension or hard feelings toward another member.

and having cajun there to not be AS sloppy when spelling is a nice reminder to use proper grammer and TRY to spell without a lot of errors. (im sure there are a few in that sentence alone!)

my 2 cents...

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast