Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: For Our Site Leaders

I will say that with the ammount of e-mails I get telling me a new member had joined the site is not hurting on attracting new people imo

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Del" wrote:
    I will say that with the ammount of e-mails I get telling me a new member had joined the site is not hurting on attracting new people imo
    True, but you can't be sure of the number of people that see our latest talk list & pass on by either. You need to look at what kind of recent members is this site attracting. It's a tough thing to do unless a change is made & you have something to compare it to.

The topics in the top 10, except for the morning, tend to be made up of a majority of non-football related threads. Especially in the evening. Isn't that when we get the most "visitors"?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Del Rio Guest

I don't know I guess I look at the growing numbers, the large number of posters we have here anyway and say to myself something must be working.

I like to think the majority of people around here can navigate the site to find football information.

"Del" wrote:
    I don't know I guess I look at the growing numbers, the large number of posters we have here anyway and say to myself something must be working.

I like to think the majority of people around here can navigate the site to find football information.
    I'd like to think that as well. Even amongst our current membership there will be many who will tell you they don't though. Many rely solely on the top 10 & that's to bad because they miss a lot. A simple poll will tell you the answers though.

I'm just going by my observations & posting my thoughts & ideas outloud as food for thought.

I'll just keep doing what I've always been doing.

Del Rio Guest

"singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

I'd like to think that as well. Even amongst our current membership there will be many who will tell you they don't though. Many rely solely on the top 10 & that's to bad because they miss a lot. A simple poll will tell you the answers though.

I'm just going by my observations & posting my thoughts & ideas outloud as food for thought.

I think your ideas are great, I was thinking outloud.....on the internet.....so...not outloud....but in text.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

I never look at the top ten.
    I comb every forum each time I get on.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

I sign in and start at the bottom and work my way up to the Vikings forum.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

I sign in and start at the bottom and work my way up to the Vikings forum.
    I'm more of a "latest talk" guy personally. I usuallly look at that and Show New Replies To Your Last Post.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Yeah well......I really have no comeback........
    Yeah...that's why your girl wins all of the Packers-Vikings debates in your house!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Why???? If you set up your account to have the "Show unread posts since last visit" &
    "Show new replies to your posts" option available to you, it will give you all the new threads, regardless of forum & all the threads that have had new replies since your last visit all in one list. Then you just look for the items on that list you want to check out. Once you look at a thread from that list, it disappears from the list until a new reply is added.

Using those, you don't have to look at the top 10 or search the forums. Everything is right there in that one managable list.