Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: For Our Site Leaders

I have received very few myself with only one being negative. All the others were apologetic.

I would PM them back telling them all is OK & give them some tips on how to use the "SEARCH" feature.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Acumen" wrote:
    I'm not a mod, but I can tell you that I have received at least 15 PMs from different people, including noobs, thanking me for posting the reminders and they gave a bunch of these:
    ;D ;D ;D ;D with their message.
    I have only heard of two people whining about it to me personally and neither of them held a grudge when I responded to them in a PM saying it's a joke and a friendly reminder to pay attention followed by, yeah, we all do it sometimes. I have no idea what the true statistics are.

Don't give me the crap about not understanding the 'community' either.
    The community is dynamic and there are no shortcuts to making friends or enemies.
    Some think I'm an asshat, others don't.
    We all like/dislike certain people, big surprise, there are thousands of people on the board.
    Like someone mentioned earlier, all the features are in place to ignore people if you wish or add them to your buddy list.

I could care less either way, but I think it is being blown way out of proportion.
    I've posted on sites where at least 10 people have flamed me and cussed me out over a repeat thread and it didn't scare me off, it just gave me a stiff reminder.
    I, by no means am saying that we should flame someone for doing something wrong, but, on the same token, this method is FAR from flaming someone.

Like I said earlier, this board has risen from the ashes because of quality posts and insightful posts that are peer-reviewed by its members.
    The mods can only do so much when thousands of people are posting on a topic.
    It is our duty to help drive threads in the right direction if they start out idiotic without justification....no matter if it's someone with 1 post or 9,700.
    Some people have actually "Reported" posts in which the scantly clad gal was posted.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    I'm not a mod, but I can tell you that I have received at least 15 PMs from different people, including noobs, thanking me for posting the reminders and they gave a bunch of these:
    I have only heard of two people whining about it to me personally and neither of them held a grudge when I responded to them in a PM saying it's a joke and a friendly reminder to pay attention followed by, yeah, we all do it sometimes. I have no idea what the true statistics are.

The community is dynamic and there are no shortcuts to making friends or enemies.
    We all like/dislike certain people, big surprise, there are thousands of people on the board.
    Like someone mentioned earlier, all the features are in place to ignore people if you wish or add them to your buddy list.

I could care less either way, but I think it is being blown way out of proportion.
    I've posted on sites where at least 10 people have flamed me and cussed me out over a repeat thread and it didn't scare me off, it just gave me a stiff reminder.
    I, by no means am saying that we should flame someone for doing something wrong, but, on the same token, this method is FAR from flaming someone.

Like I said earlier, this board has risen from the ashes because of quality posts and insightful posts that are peer-reviewed by its members.
    It is our duty to help drive threads in the right direction if they start out idiotic without justification....no matter if it's someone with 1 post or 9,700.
    I have never taken issue with the Bill Murray...those who post NEW articles 20 minutes after the SAME article has been posted CANNOT complain...since a SIMPLE search of the forum that they are SUPPOSED to post their chosen article in will usually show whether the article has already been posted (exception for vague titles...in which case, the vague thread should be merged with the new one that has the clearer title...with the clearer title affixed to the newly merged thread).

As for Bill Murraying the repeat Moss and Pep threads by newbies...there is where I part ways.
    If you don't want to participate in yet another Moss thread, then just let it die...or let the MODS handle it.

So, in conclusion...while I have no problem with seeing Bill's face on a thread...saving it for the lazy or obnoxious instead of the uninitiated seems to me a fair compromise.
    If not, then carry on...no skin off my nose!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:

Some people have actually "Reported" posts in which the scantly clad gal was posted.
    I know, it must have been Cajun.
    I'll have to put one together of a guy in a thong so he doesn't get upset.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Acumen" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:

I know, it must have been Cajun.
    I'll have to put one together of a guy in a thong so he doesn't get upset.
    No, a noob.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

If I should ever make a post that requires that I be clocked I would like to be on record that I would like this one.
    Thanks
    ;D
    [img width=400 height=300]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/RPM40/Ali_Landry_wallpaper_madnessmed.jpg[/img]

WWBGD

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

21 pages huh, the shit u miss when you get busy for a few days (no i didnt die =], keep wishing)

i barely even know who acumen is =]

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"mnjamie" wrote:
    I can honestly say that I havn't been posting as much as I used to.
    I try to come in with an open mind, but someone new always "ticks" me off.
    Instead of calling them out, etc. ... I just leave and cool off

This is the only site I have EVER joined and the reason I did, was because there was logical talk about football.
    NOW, there just seems to be nothing but "LOOK AT ME" threads ... Fun threads are one thing, just for me IMHO, it's gotten to be too much.

PP.O advertises itself as a football site first and foremost, then the general community aspect comes in second (I hope that came out right).

I just feel that it's become more of a teenage, high school chat room sometimes and it does get to be too much for me personally.

That's my two cents, take it for what it's worth.

MNJ

I agree! I see no point in getting pissed off while on my favorite team's website. More often than not when people are being dinks I laugh at them. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on here as it is an open forum. We will have idiots, trolls, pot stirrers, etc, we need to just deal with them as they ciome and go. This is the greatest site on the web and it will stay that way even with some of the trash that comes on here!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:

This is the only site I have EVER joined and the reason I did, was because there was logical talk about football.
    NOW, there just seems to be nothing but "LOOK AT ME" threads ... Fun threads are one thing, just for me IMHO, it's gotten to be too much.

PP.O advertises itself as a football site first and foremost, then the general community aspect comes in second (I hope that came out right).

I just feel that it's become more of a teenage, high school chat room sometimes and it does get to be too much for me personally.

MNJ

I agree! I see no point in getting pissed off while on my favorite team's website. More often than not when people are being dinks I laugh at them. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on here as it is an open forum. We will have idiots, trolls, pot stirrers, etc, we need to just deal with them as they ciome and go. This is the greatest site on the web and it will stay that way even with some of the trash that comes on here!
    STFU!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:

MNJ

STFU!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast