Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

For Our Site Leaders

I am starting an open discussion here for those of us in the HOF ranks and above.

We in this group are considered amongst the site leaders.
    We are the ones who welcome people to this place, slap around stupid posts, and generally shape the perception of this site.

There has been a big groundswell of differing opinions on how things go around this site.
    I hear a tremendous amount each day from differing members.

What I want is some open and frank discussion on how we see things going and any suggestions for change, if any is needed.
    Or do we need to harden the line?
    Perhaps we just need to ignore the "movement", I don't know.
    The SI coverage seems to have resulted in a influx of freaks who can't sustain an argument if it meant getting laid.

So, tell me a bit about any thoughts y'all may have.
    I seem to do this once a year to get my bearings a bit as I try to make this site appealing as much as I can to the majority, because thats how we got all the great members like y'all.

I can say we are getting new forums to combat some of these issues...but will talk about that later.
    Also, this is being debated in the mods area, but this also needs to be turned out to you guys for opinions.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Re: For Our Site Leaders

One of my proposed rules modifications is thus:

"unsubstantiated arguments are simply masturbation.
    We don't need to see it."

;D ;D ;D ;D

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Webby" wrote:
    One of my proposed rules modifications is thus:

"unsubstantiated arguments are simply masturbation.
    We don't need to see it."

;D ;D ;D ;D

Ha! I like that....and in the end, you're only screwing yourself.

One question that I have is whether or not the seasoned members should rag on the guys who start the same threads over and over again. I think Prophet's Groundhog Day post is hilarious, but I know he and Whack and Del got in a little tiff the other day over it. Should we give them a little whoopin for posting another Moss thread? Or should we politely PM them and let them know that it's been posted before? I think it's fun to post the "OMG not this thread again" pictures, but I don't want to alienate anyone.

What does everyone think?

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I think your right... we need to crack down a little more.
    When the idiots drive off one of our most respected members its time we do something.
    I can't believe that prophet left!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I think your right... we need to crack down a little more.
    When the idiots drive off one of our most respected members its time we do something.
    I can't believe that prophet left!!
    I agree, it's a shame. I say we let the HOF forum be our refuge!

Even though we've had an influx of members that, like Webby said, can't carry an argument in a bucket, I think some of the post-whoring has gone down. I don't see quite as many "wurd."-esque posts anymore.

I just don't want to see anyone else leave because they are fed up, because ther are still a lot of people on this site that want to read Prophet's posts, know what I mean?

Del Rio Guest

Half the time an argument breaks out it is because of the reaction to the initial response is personal.

You want a great example of how this gets blown out of proportion is a newer member last week made a thread about Brad Johnson and his struggles and how Tavaris may be an option. The thread was well thought out and it was presented well, damn near everyone politely disagreed, and a conversation happened.

I don't buy people get abused for having a different opinion and I don't buy people get abused for not being a part of the "in crowd" You know how many times Me and Caine have disagreed, me and colorado, Whackthepack......everyone. No one got hurt no one cried about it, we did fine. I do the exact same for new people.

You have a community here of people who have been here way longer then me and some not so much, but when you have someone kick in your door and say I'M HERE BITCHES! TRADE BRAD JOHNSON......it's not going to fly, and frankly to me it shouldn't have to.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

I can honestly say that I havn't been posting as much as I used to.
    I try to come in with an open mind, but someone new always "ticks" me off.
    Instead of calling them out, etc. ... I just leave and cool off.

This is the only site I have EVER joined and the reason I did, was because there was logical talk about football.
    NOW, there just seems to be nothing but "LOOK AT ME" threads ... Fun threads are one thing, just for me IMHO, it's gotten to be too much.

PP.O advertises itself as a football site first and foremost, then the general community aspect comes in second (I hope that came out right).

I just feel that it's become more of a teenage, high school chat room sometimes and it does get to be too much for me personally.

That's my two cents, take it for what it's worth.

MNJ

Blog Entries

The new board has a feature called "groans".
    When you groan a thread because it is stupid and repetitive....lol...it gets them closer to the dreaded "buh bye".
    there are thread ratings so you can avoid the stupid ones, and under EACH thread it is AWESOME: