Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: An open request to the HOFers on PP.O

This is a forum for opinions about Viking football.
    I love to overstate my opinion to to much but that's how I am. I do not look at PPO like real life. This is exceptional only to the ones I do know personally on this site like Singer, Shock and Webby cause I talk to them in real life on occasion.
    I really do enjoy everyones opinion even thou I think it may not what I agree with.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

[img width=450 height=320]http://i39.tinypic.com/2j2uoeo.jpg[/img]
    We're bringing purple back.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

PP.O was a lot worse when we were 6-10. When Tice was our coach in general. When the whizzinator was around.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Stop acting like donkey butts.

*snip*

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
    I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
    But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
    Thanks for listening to my rant.
    As I've always said - this is the internet kiddie pool.
    PPO is as civil a place as I have ever been.
    Long-time members who want to leave need to spend some time in some other places so they realize how good it is here.

I am personally attacked more than anyone.
    I can handle it, for the most part.
    When lies are used to attack me as a human being and father, that's when the line is crossed.

If you want to make an appeal, then I think it should be to ask "long-time members" not to post the same "hate" in every single thread they go into.
    That's the only thing that drives me from wanting to be around here.

I will try to do better.
    But if I am personally provoked or attacked, I'm going to respond.
    Until such time as the men in charge tell me to cut it out - which they have only on certain occasions.

Crying for the "Good Old Days" ignores the reality of what a changing society means for both the "good" and the "worse".
    Things change.

Sorry if this isn't as concillatory and rah-rah as others have been.

=Z=
    Lack of conciliation and rah-rah is no reason to apologize. I completely agree with what you've said in that post.

I think one of the major problems we face is everyone seems to think a post contrary to what they wrote is an attack on what they believe about a particular issue, and see it only as an attack. The what you wrote, no matter what it really meant gets ignored for some blown up argument, and eventually buried in a thread. It amazes me how many good posts get ignored because a handful of people are arguing something irrelevant to the topic at hand.

A lot if it is arrogance, someone will try to pick apart your post while ignoring the point you're making as a whole. Sometimes I hate writing more than just a few lines because of that.

Text is a lot harder to read into than verbal communication. Everyone just needs to take what they read at face value and respond to that, read the whole post before you freak out about one sentence and get an idea of something to write in your head.

As far as the "hate" goes, you're correct. Every single thread seems to turn into the same few debates, and it's getting old, I've seen more threads derailed this off season than ever before.

Oh, yes. I remember this very well V. I also remember when we drafted three 2nd round selections that people flipped over, LOL.

1 has worked out
    1 might work out
    the other a bust.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

hahah Mr. A, your signature is funny. We should all put that in there.
    We're bringing purple back.

"Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Stop acting like donkey butts.

*snip*

If I am the only one who feels this way, let me know.
    I can retire to the ranks of lurker with the others if need be.
    But I suspect that almost all of us would prefer some more maturity here.
    Thanks for listening to my rant.
    As I've always said - this is the internet kiddie pool.
    PPO is as civil a place as I have ever been.
    Long-time members who want to leave need to spend some time in some other places so they realize how good it is here.

I am personally attacked more than anyone.
    I can handle it, for the most part.
    When lies are used to attack me as a human being and father, that's when the line is crossed.

If you want to make an appeal, then I think it should be to ask "long-time members" not to post the same "hate" in every single thread they go into.
    That's the only thing that drives me from wanting to be around here.

I will try to do better.
    But if I am personally provoked or attacked, I'm going to respond.
    Until such time as the men in charge tell me to cut it out - which they have only on certain occasions.

Crying for the "Good Old Days" ignores the reality of what a changing society means for both the "good" and the "worse".
    Things change.

Sorry if this isn't as concillatory and rah-rah as others have been.

=Z=
    Lack of conciliation and rah-rah is no reason to apologize. I completely agree with what you've said in that post.

I think one of the major problems we face is everyone seems to think a post contrary to what they wrote is an attack on what they believe about a particular issue, and see it only as an attack. The what you wrote, no matter what it really meant gets ignored for some blown up argument, and eventually buried in a thread. It amazes me how many good posts get ignored because a handful of people are arguing something irrelevant to the topic at hand.

A lot if it is arrogance, someone will try to pick apart your post while ignoring the point you're making as a whole. Sometimes I hate writing more than just a few lines because of that.

Text is a lot harder to read into than verbal communication. Everyone just needs to take what they read at face value and respond to that, read the whole post before you freak out about one sentence and get an idea of something to write in your head.

As far as the "hate" goes, you're correct. Every single thread seems to turn into the same few debates, and it's getting old, I've seen more threads derailed this off season than ever before.

Z and Mr. Anderson,

I agree with both of you. I agree that things have changed in the years I have been here. I can say I have been attacked for being a father, my career, everything because I didn't agree with some people over a particular QB situation.
    I do not like the situation here on PPO and do not condone it. This isn't a play nice arena and understand that but we have lost some great members because of the negativity surrounding this site.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I've already noticed less bickering and immaturity.

Thanks NoDak.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I personally haven't been around as much because of life circumstances.
    When I have been here, I haven't been able to participate as much, mostly because of the size of PPO.
    I don't post as much because everything here seems watered down, so many little posts, that I don't have time to sift through to the good stuff.

I sometimes start to type a post and say, I don't have anything more to add than what has already been said.

I like the PPO of old.
    I am glad that so many people get a chance to use PPO, but it has become watered down to me.
    JMHO.

Don't get me wrong, PPO is the only Viking site that I frequent.
    Just my opinion but if this is the case with some mods then maybe we need to think about adding more.
    I wasn't complaining.
    But I would say that for me or any of the mods to read everything is a real time commitment.
    I think we rely on the HOFers and other members to report a lot to us.
    We rely on your eyes!

I hope you didn't think I was complaining.
    I meant that I sometimes don't have time to post, not that I don't read.
    Once I get done reading, I don't feel like there is anything left to say in a post.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    When I first came to pp.o (after the moss trade) there was a-lot less bickering over football, and the few that were would have great discussions. While less football informed members took notes and participated in more 'fun' threads.

After being here for years on end, I found myself learning a lot from other posters (guys like Nodak), and voicing my opinions on the team more, and more knowledgeably. I think a lot of people have done the same, maybe without even noticing. Hell when I first visited the only 4 players I knew would have been Carter, Moss, Culpepper and Kailee Wong. With years experience on pp.o coupled with NFLN and Sunday Ticket, I could be an MVP winning Arm-Chair QB.

Take it for what it's worth, hardcore football fans talking about something they're passionate about. IMO football is like politics, everyone sees the perfect system and players through their own eyes, and there is no 'right' answer. It's all opinions.
    I agree with the bold for sure.

Someone in a previous post, might have been Z, said in different words that change is inevitable.
    I agree with that also.

PPO had evolved and will continue to do so.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast