Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: An open request to the HOFers on PP.O

When I first came to pp.o (after the moss trade) there was a-lot less bickering over football, and the few that were would have great discussions. While less football informed members took notes and participated in more 'fun' threads.

After being here for years on end, I found myself learning a lot from other posters (guys like Nodak), and voicing my opinions on the team more, and more knowledgeably. I think a lot of people have done the same, maybe without even noticing. Hell when I first visited the only 4 players I knew would have been Carter, Moss, Culpepper and Kailee Wong. With years experience on pp.o coupled with NFLN and Sunday Ticket, I could be an MVP winning Arm-Chair QB.

Take it for what it's worth, hardcore football fans talking about something they're passionate about. IMO football is like politics, everyone sees the perfect system and players through their own eyes, and there is no 'right' answer. It's all opinions.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jessejames09" wrote:
    When I first came to pp.o (after the moss trade) there was a-lot less bickering over football, and the few that were would have great discussions. While less football informed members took notes and participated in more 'fun' threads.

After being here for years on end, I found myself learning a lot from other posters (guys like Nodak), and voicing my opinions on the team more, and more knowledgeably. I think a lot of people have done the same, maybe without even noticing. Hell when I first visited the only 4 players I knew would have been Carter, Moss, Culpepper and Kailee Wong. With years experience on pp.o coupled with NFLN and Sunday Ticket, I could be an MVP winning Arm-Chair QB.

Take it for what it's worth, hardcore football fans talking about something they're passionate about. IMO football is like politics, everyone sees the perfect system and players through their own eyes, and there is no 'right' answer. It's all opinions.

Excellent post, that woud explain many of the changes people are seeing.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"jessejames09" wrote:
    IMO football is like politics, everyone sees the perfect system and players through their own eyes, and there is no 'right' answer. It's all opinions.
    Bingo.. there is the Green and Gold way.. and every other "wrong" way.
    ;D

Speaking of which.. I miss Jim Marshall types playing the game.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I think the message of this thread would also be good for non-hofers. Although I like this idea because if you keep the 'regulars' friendly the rest will follow suit.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jessejames09" wrote:

thats what people forget, there's no right or wrong answer just opinions about Vikings football. PPO is a
    good site and long may it stay that way
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I like to think the only problem is the fact that people take stuff too damn personally. We are talking about football, not about our mothers. When two people are on complete different sides of an argument, regardless of what it is, people are going to hate on each other. I called kevon a hypocrite the other day because I was pretty confused and mad about some of the stuff he was trying to say. The next day, he said he was sorry and I told him I loved him.

What posters need to do is not be afraid of getting into it with other members, as long as the discussion is on topic, that topic being football. And then when you see the same member agree with you in another thread, don't hate on him or change your opinion, agree with the guy on another topic. Take it on a thread by thread.

Now I must say a lot of what has been said in this topic is true and correct, but there are no real suggestions to help it along. If you want to filter out crappy posts by newer members, have a post limit. Whether it is per day (like 25 posts in 24 hours for example) or a certain time between posts (a few minutes can be enough for someone to chill out and read what they type before they actually click post). Obviously, those who have earned their spot on the site, the hall of famers, should have no posting limits. Now in saying that, we, the hall of famers, can't be such 'donkey butts' as Z said. A little respect among those who deserve it can go a long way.

And if you are still mad, go look at the true hall of famers thread. Take a few mintues to yourself, and then go back to posting.
    We're bringing purple back.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I once considered leaving PPO, but seeing the same people make the same predictions and receive the same disappointment every year makes me laugh. I mostly come here now for the news( thanks Singer) and game day chats. I think I have given up arguing anything football related, everyone is a football guru here and no one is willing to try and see things from a different(i.e. correct) perspective.
    ;D

Seems like only Marr, gets my sense of humor here.
    You couldn't leave, you would miss your green dot to much

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Hell when I first visited the only 4 players I knew would have been Carter, Moss, Culpepper and Kailee Wong.
    How in the hell did Kailee Wong fit into that picture :P

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    My opinion is not any better than anyone else's. Neither is yours.
    Well, in my opinion, my opinion is better than everyone else's, even yours :P.

haha

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

I love everyone, i might argue with them, but that doesnt mean i dont like them

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast